Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 07:20 PM

296 posts, read 614,393 times

Advertisements

Try McKlanleyville

Old 11-01-2011, 02:42 PM

5,242 posts, read 13,080,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
You should go where the need is great,
Saudi Arabia
Iran
Somalia
Los Angeles
It is true that the GOP is very into sharia-style social conservatism.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:00 PM

2,511 posts, read 6,300,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Ever heard of the Bible Belt of the West?

Runs from Bakersfield to about Stockton/Sacramento-Central Valley to the Gold Country/Central Sierra Nevada. You can't throw a rock without hitting a Christian. Nice area to be a Christian.

I don't know where you came up with this. Sacramento is one of the least religious cities in the country. Stockton and Bakersfield aren't really religious. Fresno, Tulare, and Merced counties have about the highest religious affiliations in the state.

The Sacramento Bee -- sacbee.com -- America: A religious mosaic

Only 35.6 percent of the population of Sacramento, Yolo, Placer and El Dorado counties are affiliated with a particular church or congregation. The region ranked 245 out of the 276 metropolitan areas included in the census.

"Sacramento is low even for the West," Jones said. "Quite frankly, we were surprised. I'd say the clergy there has their work cut out for them."

If you want to see maps indicating the distribution of various denominations:

Glenmary Home Missioners - Serving Rural America Since 1939

Old 11-02-2011, 09:09 PM

19,221 posts, read 16,701,480 times
That's a great map, KC6VLZ. Really shows the religious demographics. Nice!

Old 11-02-2011, 09:19 PM

19,221 posts, read 16,701,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayorhaggar View Post
Plus I think you'd find that Christian conservatives in California are different and not as hard-line as they are in, say, the South.

I think you're right. Just basing my opinion on comments from others (not on CD) who live in the South. California is too progressive for conservatism, whether in religion or politics.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:32 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,588,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipton Mike View Post
I'm down to Orange County & Some Area's of San Diego County?

Also Thank you all for the PM's voicing support letting me know about how much of an Moderator cut: racist. I now know. There was also no reason for my thread to be locked, when I see other races asking for the same thing!

Fresno CA

Old 11-15-2011, 03:40 PM

62 posts, read 271,407 times
Jesus was called the "King of the Jews" but he wasn't Jewish. Also, Jesus was born in the Middle East, he was NOT "white". Stop the hate, God is Love. Christians, these days, do not use love in their relations with other people, they are all about Hate now. Hate and intolerance. Us against them. Not, help your neighbor, they are: help your neighbor IF they are Christians. It's not right, it's not Godly and it's not at all like the Christians I grew up with. They are so full of Hate. How they have convinced themselves that this is "right", is beyond me.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:16 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,686,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwaswondering View Post
Jesus was called the "King of the Jews" but he wasn't Jewish. Also, Jesus was born in the Middle East, he was NOT "white". Stop the hate, God is Love. Christians, these days, do not use love in their relations with other people, they are all about Hate now. Hate and intolerance. Us against them. Not, help your neighbor, they are: help your neighbor IF they are Christians. It's not right, it's not Godly and it's not at all like the Christians I grew up with. They are so full of Hate. How they have convinced themselves that this is "right", is beyond me.
I have a tough time with the morals of the average Christian. It appears to me that they have completely missed what ever it is that Jesus had in mind. Conservative Christianity has more in common with Conservative Islam than with anything Christ had in mind.

Old 11-15-2011, 04:38 PM

296 posts, read 614,393 times
I don't think Jesus would be a politician today, were he an American citizen. If he were, he wouldn't stand a snowball's chance in Barstow of success.

The usage of Christian slogans by American politicians is nothing but a smokescreen to hide dirty lies. And the sooner people see that and stop being led by their emotional vulnerabilities, the sooner we'll get a decent selection of presidential candidates.

I would vote for an atheist candidate. I'd vote for any candidate who could appeal to my reason without bringing religious topics into the situation, no matter what his or her personal beliefs might be- Christian, Muslim, whatever.

Otherwise, Jesus is just alright with me...

Old 11-15-2011, 04:52 PM

6,390 posts, read 9,686,006 times
As has been said, "When Fascism comes to America, it will come wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California