Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2012, 11:53 PM

7,150 posts, read 10,903,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVC15 View Post
And if it is not so simple to refrain from becoming pregnant when you can't afford to raise a child then get an abortion.

It is simple if you use your head the right way

BTW yes I did create where I ended up in life...I worked hard and created my reality and thank my lucky karma and my hard work that I made it out of the ghetto! I earned 2 science degrees...yep that all fate as you would have us believe
And you get to define "right way" for the rest of us?

I don't question your hard work or accomplishments. But you certainly did not create your reality. Unless you are the god of self-origination. I always smile at people who think they self-originate. Neat trick. But tricks are merely illusions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2012, 11:53 PM

2,311 posts, read 3,507,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullgeo View Post
Your position that the poor and uneducated are causing the nation's problems and undeserving of consideration is not pompous? It smacks of elitist arrogance

The rest are insignificant statistically. And still not deserving of harsh judgment. They do not wish to be as they are. No one would. They buy into the culture because they are not blessed with the component factors required to rise above. That is not their choice.
Your position on the matter smacks of someone who didn't actually live in poverty but much rather lived in the lap of luxury whose liberal and ignorant compassion come from a feeling of guilt. If you actually lived in poverty and observed first hand a great wealth of people who were in circumstances in adult hood of poverty due to their every-day choices it would give your ridiculous academic faps a reality check. There is nothing elitist above someone who rose above and observed first hand. There is nothing elitist about someone who is actually more knowledgeable than you on a subject.

Max unemployment payouts are : $450 a week in California. I live in the heart of the valley in Palo Alto/Mountain View and my monthly expenses w/ rent/utilities and having a great time are less than $2,000. That just about covers all my expenses yet you want to sit her masquerading as if you'd be eating mud pies if unemployed .. Here's a term brought about from my generation:
https://www.google.com/search?sugexp...=funemployment
I myself attempted to situate myself for it so I could take a year or two off and enjoy a vacation.

I know several friends who decided to travel the world and refused to go back to work because it didn't pay more than unemployment. Yet, you want to cast a shadow that it is hell .. I have several friends like you... Were given everything in life and didn't work for sh*t and they carry on w/ the same liberal attitude : What's your problem bro? Why do you hate the poor so much? Life's hell for them, why not give them more handouts? .. The reason they have this attitude is because they themselves are used to it from Mommy/Daddy... They never lived a day of struggling in their life and have no perspective about it. They read b.s studies from flawed sample groups... An article or two and feel they know a thing or two about poverty and the things that plague the poor. The only thing that plagues the majority of them is poverty of mind and handouts only serve to fester the wound. My parents were poor .. There is nothing wrong w/ being poor. They had a great deal of wisdom/knowledge.. Great mannerism and were quite pleasant. Nothing says because you are poor that you are not educated.. Polite.. Have morals/values etc..
So, what's wrong w/ it? My childhood was great.

Years of crack pot studies and academics will continue to fail to grasp this. Why are African Americans so down in this country? Because more than being set back financial/etc their identity was systematically destroyed. Their culture. Their sense of community .. I'm an African American and that's the root of it.
What separates one of the most wealthy/safest neighborhoods in the valley from one of the most unsafest and impoverished .. 101 ? No, a state of mind... I am speaking about Palo Alto/East Palo Alto.

It's not about pristine neighborhoods or schools. It's about a sickness of the mind that will take 2-3 generations to be phased out by time (for African Americans at least due to what they went through). You don't resolve this by giving people hand outs after handouts.. That actually makes it worse. Give them an opportunity. Take them on a field-trip to the nice neighborhood.. The affluent side of town and let them ask you candid questions about your success.... Broaden their horizons.. Educate them on the many paths to a good life and prosperity..... The main issues is ignorance about what legitimate paths they can seek to prosperity.. Stop pushing reality t.v and sh*t down their throat ... Cut out the watching of stupid a$$ music videos and reality TV that make them believe if they j*ck off through their life they'll be a millionaire. Give them community. Solve the sickness in their heads. I have relatives upon relatives who are still stuck in the same hood I left .. blocks away... wth is different between us? Our minds... Their minds are still imprisoned by the hood.

This goes towards the old saying :
"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

But in all honesty, don't ever think by reading a stupid book, study, or article that you ever grasp even the slightest bit of knowledge or understanding of what it is to live in poverty or what afflicts poor Americans if you've never been poor. People have a lifetime of 'education' who lived it... What you are doing is equivalent to cramming before an exam and it shows.

P.S - Every dumb*ss (literally) from highschool I knew was flipping homes.. Parading as playboy real-estate agents ... Moonlighting as robo-signers for local branches ... Calling me up to have me answer a call from the bank and lie about their wages ... Calling me an idiot for not participating in the housing cluster f*ck... Which is why i shorted the sh*t out of it in markets and banked hard on the collapse any nimrod could have seen coming.. Same goes for many of the issues I talk about they rose colored glass'd denyist hum out of existence. I'd like to know just what part you think the avg. joe-blow played in this all. Wallstreet and our idiotic govt. gave people who cry that they are never on equal ground the power and like savages they ran around and exploited each other just like the crooks on wallstreet. Non of the participants wallstreet/mainstreet are any less to blame for this. They have equal ownership in what resulted.. But again, you show your ownbounded guilt for where you are in life and you ignorantly defend mainstreet as if they didn't know any better. This is the mindset of you avg. Californian and another reason I am gtfo here.

A friend came to visit and after 2-3 days of scooting around in Palo Alto/Mountain View.. Conversating w/ people during happy hour/etc.. and he made a comment : you know .. everyone is so pleasant here.. It's a different world... I nodded in agreement .. He mentioned though... But it seems people are too nice you know.. Like they are disconnected from reality and the harshness of life .. Like it seems from what you tell me about the taxes/handouts .. Like that's what people think will solve the problem here because they are surrounded by driven people and people who want to do something w/ their lives.. They think if you just give someone handouts that they will rise above .. Because they have never been around people who throw their lives away and then some. People who will take and take and just take more and never get better. It's as if they are ignorant to it all.

Me : And yes.. quite frankly they are. All I gotta say.. Quite frankly tired of educating uppity educated people who don't have any perspective on life beyond some dumb article or study they have read. I read them too FYI but I know better because I actually go out in the real world and interact w/ people of varying backgrounds. Next thing you're gonna tell me is that you think Krugman is the most amazing economist in the world.. Yeah, i hear that a lot .. Keep reading your articles and expert opinion pieces... Carry on w/ liberal mindedness/etc .. Go back to your comfy home and feel all is correct in your views because you face no real world consequences/negative feedback for being wrong... You're far removed from it and the easy default sentiment is just to say : yeah, why not? go ahead... The harder thing is to actually understand the root and the drivers... Something about being closely connected to it all your life w/ eyes wide open puts you in touch w/ it.... Reading 2nd and 3rd hand idiotic opinion pieces from silver spoon fed liberal sthat confirm w/ your opinion does not.

Last edited by yeahthatguy; 06-17-2012 at 12:21 AM..

Old 06-16-2012, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Your thick as a brick and not worthy of any more of my time...good luck in life...since your fate does not seem to have worked out well for you...and I can certainly see why
Where is there any mention of my fate -- and how it has worked out?

Old 06-16-2012, 11:59 PM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
7,484 posts, read 10,452,629 times
Quote:
And you get to define "right way" for the rest of us?
Oh no that seems to be your job

"INSTANT KARMA" John Lennon - YouTube

Old 06-17-2012, 12:01 AM

Location: Central Bay Area, CA as of Jan 2010...but still a proud Texan from Houston!
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahthatguy View Post
Your position on the matter smacks of someone who didn't actually live in poverty but much rather lived in the lap of luxury whose liberal and ignorant compassion come from a feeling of guilt. If you actually lived in poverty and observed first hand a great wealth of people who were in circumstances in adult hood of poverty due to their every-day choices it would give your ridiculous academic faps a reality check. There is nothing elitist above someone who rose above and observed first hand. There is nothing elitist about someone who is actually more knowledgeable than you on a subject.

Max unemployment payouts are : $450 a week in California. I live in the heart of the valley in Palo Alto/Mountain View and my monthly expenses w/ rent/utilities and having a great time are less than $2,000. That just about covers all my expenses yet you want to sit her masquerading as if you'd be eating mud pies if unemployed .. Here's a term brought about from my generation:

I know several friends who decided to travel the world and refused to go back to work because it didn't pay more than unemployment. Yet, you want to cast a shadow that it is hell .. I have several friends like you... Were given everything in life and didn't work for sh*t and they carry on w/ the same liberal attitude : What's your problem bro? Why do you hate the poor so much? Life's hell for them, why not give them more handouts? .. The reason they have this attitude is because they themselves are used to it from Mommy/Daddy... They never lived a day of struggling in their life and have no perspective about it. They read b.s studies from flawed sample groups... An article or two and feel they know a thing or to about poverty and the things that plague the poor. The only thing that plagues the majority of them is poverty of mind and handouts only serve to fester the wound. That's the reality and it's one in which those who are strong minded escape. This is not an anecdotal reference. It's the truth of the matter.. One in which years of crack pot studies and academics will continue to fail to grasp. Why are African Americans so down in this country? Because more than being set back financial/etc their identity was systematically destroyed. Their culture. Their sense of community .. I'm an African American and that's the root of it.
What separates one of the most wealthy/safest neighborhoods in the valley from one of the most unsafest and impoverished .. 101 ? No, a state of mind... I am speaking about Palo Alto/East Palo Alto.

It's not about pristine neighborhoods or schools. It's about a sickness of the mind that will take 2-3 generations to be phased out by time. You don't resolve this by giving people hand outs after handouts.. That actually makes it worse. Give them an opportunity. Give them hope. Give them community. Solve the sickness in their heads. I have relatives upon relatives who are still stuck in the same hood I left .. blocks away... wth is different between us? Our minds... Their minds are still imprisoned and mine is free...

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

But in all honesty, don't ever think by reading a stupid book, study, or article that you ever grasp even the slightest bit of knowledge or understanding of what it is to live in poverty or what afflicts poor Americans if you've never been poor. People have a lifetime of 'education' who lived it... What you are doing is equivalent to cramming before an exam and it shows.

P.S - Every dumb*ss (literally) from highschool I knew was flipping homes.. Parading as playboy real-estate agents ... Moonlighting as robo-signers for local branches ... Calling me up to have me answer a call from the bank and lie about their wages ... Calling me an idiot for not participating in the housing cluster f*ck. I'd like to know just what part you think the avg. joe-blow played in this all. Wallstreet and our idiotic govt. gave people who cry that they are never on equal ground the power and like savages they ran around and exploited each other just like the crooks on wallstreet. Non of the participants wallstreet/mainstreet are any less to blame for this. They have equal ownership in what resulted.. But again, you show your ownbounded guilt for where you are in life and you ignorantly defend mainstreet as if they didn't know any better. This is the mindset of you avg. Californian and another reason I am gtfo here.

A friend came to visit and after 2-3 days of scooting around in Palo Alto/Mountain View.. Conversating w/ people during happy hour/etc.. and he made a comment : you know .. everyone is so pleasant here.. It's a different world... I nodded in agreement .. He mentioned though... But it seems people are too nice you know.. Like they are disconnected from reality and the harshness of life .. Like it seems from what you tell me about the taxes/handouts .. Like that's what people think will solve the problem here because they are surrounded by driven people and people who want to do something w/ their lives.. They think if you just give someone handouts that they will rise above .. Because they have never been around people who throw their lives away and then some. People who will take and take and just take more and never get better. It's as if they are ignorant to it all.

Me : And yes.. quite frankly they are.
Hey friend...how about tomorrow for din din and wine...say 4-5 o'clock ish?

Old 06-17-2012, 12:08 AM

2,311 posts, read 3,507,295 times
Quote:
Hey friend...how about tomorrow for din din and wine...say 4-5 o'clock ish?
Set ! . Caught me at a good time. I have been busy getting my stuff packed for my move and need to relax w/ some good food/wine . Same place and I'll ring you up or you can ring me up and we can coordinate further. But 4 sounds good if you can make that

Old 06-17-2012, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Set ! . Caught me at a good time. I have been busy getting my stuff packed for my move and need to relax w/ some good food/wine . Same place and I'll ring you up or you can ring me up and we can coordinate further. But 4 sounds good if you can make that
I will make that! Don't drink too much tonight I look forward to it

Old 06-17-2012, 12:27 AM

Quote:

I know several friends who decided to travel the world and refused to go back to work because it didn't pay more than unemployment. Yet, you want to cast a shadow that it is hell .. I have several friends like you... Were given everything in life and didn't work for sh*t and they carry on w/ the same liberal attitude : What's your problem bro? Why do you hate the poor so much? Life's hell for them, why not give them more handouts? .. The reason they have this attitude is because they themselves are used to it from Mommy/Daddy... They never lived a day of struggling in their life and have no perspective about it. They read b.s studies from flawed sample groups... An article or two and feel they know a thing or to about poverty and the things that plague the poor. The only thing that plagues the majority of them is poverty of mind and handouts only serve to fester the wound. That's the reality and it's one in which those who are strong minded escape. This is not an anecdotal reference. It's the truth of the matter.. One in which years of crack pot studies and academics will continue to fail to grasp. Why are African Americans so down in this country? Because more than being set back financial/etc their identity was systematically destroyed. Their culture. Their sense of community .. I'm an African American and that's the root of it.

It's not about pristine neighborhoods or schools. It's about a sickness of the mind that will take 2-3 generations to be phased out by time. You don't resolve this by giving people hand outs after handouts.. That actually makes it worse. Give them an opportunity. Give them hope. Give them community. Solve the sickness in their heads. I have relatives upon relatives who are still stuck in the same hood I left .. blocks away... wth is different between us? Our minds... Their minds are still imprisoned and mine is free...

P.S - Every dumb*ss (literally) from highschool I knew was flipping homes.. Parading as playboy real-estate agents ... Moonlighting as robo-signers for local branches ... Calling me up to have me answer a call from the bank and lie about their wages ... Calling me an idiot for not participating in the housing cluster f*ck. I'd like to know just what part you think the avg. joe-blow played in this all. Wallstreet and our idiotic govt. gave people who cry that they are never on equal ground the power and like savages they ran around and exploited each other just like the crooks on wallstreet. Non of the participants wallstreet/mainstreet are any less to blame for this. They have equal ownership in what resulted.. But again, you show your ownbounded guilt for where you are in life and you ignorantly defend mainstreet as if they didn't know any better. This is the mindset of you avg. Californian and another reason I am gtfo here.

Me : And yes.. quite frankly they are.
You know, it's been a long time since I actually tried to read through your rambling posts ... but I did just read this one ... and contradictions are many and extraordinary ... but in general you dont make any real sense. Are you drinking lots of coffee or something?

I get the part about me not knowing anything about poverty. Which is hilarious. And "living in the lap of luxury"? Moi? Never and still not. I am writing this from the van I live in -- that's the truth. But you probably refer to me being wealthy in net worth. Which is relatively true. Now. But that only occurred in the past 15 years of my 64. And my moderate wealth came to me mostly all at once from a completely unexpected, and tragic set of events for which I suffered greatly in service to others. I did not do what I did for reward. Never expected any. And it tore me and my life to pieces. I will not explain further. But you will never experience the tragedies I have lived.

Anyway, I was raised in a family of recent immigrants of incredible poverty. But who managed to live very controlled and decent and educated lives on pennies saved. As I shared with you once, that eventually led to a very eclectic upbringing immersed in the great social movements of post WWII ... including welfare and union development and reform, civil rights, women's rights, and anti-war activities. I was exposed to every kind of person rich and poor, educated and not, black and white. I personally met many of the greatest names of history in those movements as well as politicians both local and national. We lived the beliefs of my parents and none of it included any indulgence in luxury.

Heh. In fact, where do you think I acquired my love of living as a minimalist in nature? Traveling as a family at times for months, six of us plus dog and cat, in an old sedan camping in tents at the rustic spots of the nation -- nothing was developed then in the 50's as now ... no electricity or plumbing at the campsites. We bathed in cold mountain streams and lived in tents. We attended church services in Harlem and Synagogues in Bethesda as my father spoke on civil rights and welfare culture and fair housing practices. We cooked over campfires.

Kid, I know a bit more than squat about living poor and struggling and welfare culture.
Time for you to towel off behind your ears.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:03 AM

Quote:
You know, it's been a long time since I actually tried to read through your rambling posts ... but I did just read this one ... and contradictions are many and extraordinary ... but in general you dont make any real sense. Are you drinking lots of coffee or something?

I get the part about me not knowing anything about poverty. Which is hilarious. And "living in the lap of luxury"? Moi? Never and still not. I am writing this from the van I live in -- that's the truth. But you probably refer to me being wealthy in net worth. Which is relatively true. Now. But that only occurred in the past 15 years of my 64. And my moderate wealth came to me mostly all at once from a completely unexpected, and tragic set of events for which I suffered greatly in service to others. I did not do what I did for reward. Never expected any. And it tore me and my life to pieces. I will not explain further. But you will never experience the tragedies I have lived.

Anyway, I was raised in a family of recent immigrants of incredible poverty. But who managed to live very controlled and decent and educated lives on pennies saved. As I shared with you once, that eventually led to a very eclectic upbringing immersed in the great social movements of post WWII ... including welfare and union development and reform, civil rights, women's rights, and anti-war activities. I was exposed to every kind of person rich and poor, educated and not, black and white. I personally met many of the greatest names of history in those movements as well as politicians both local and national. We lived the beliefs of my parents and none of it included any indulgence in luxury.

Heh. In fact, where do you think I acquired my love of living as a minimalist in nature? Traveling as a family at times for months, six of us plus dog and cat, in an old sedan camping in tents at the rustic spots of the nation -- nothing was developed then in the 50's as now ... no electricity or plumbing at the campsites. We bathed in cold mountain streams and lived in tents. We attended church services in Harlem and Synagogues in Bethesda as my father spoke on civil rights and welfare culture and fair housing practices. We cooked over campfires.

Kid, I know a bit more than squat about living poor and struggling and welfare culture.
Time for you to towel off behind your ears.
And you will never experience the tragedies that I, YTG or anyone else has had to live through...so S*FU with your insults.

Now it makes sense why you think that those who want to live the welfare life are entitled to do so at everyone else's expense.

I grew up poor and my family did not expect free handouts nor did we get them.

Like YTG said being poor does not equate to being a low life! Being a low life is a state of mind and a self-contained mental disease. I was one of the poorest little "rich" girls that you would have ever encountered.

I have more homeless friends then you could ever imagine! And how refreshing that they don't expect society to pay their way through life. Some like the reality they live in and some want to change that reality.

Your reality as well as other’s reality is what shapes your life...to an extent...but at the end of the day it is our own reality that paves our way to where we want to go and what we are willing to do to make it happen. We all have to live on this planet and endure this reality. My reality, choices and hard work are what shaped my life. If I had the welfare reality or the I am a victim of my bad ghetto upbringing reality…I would not be where I am today. You choose your reality. And you believe in what you believe in. That is why we have this diversity thing among humans.

Last edited by TVC15; 06-17-2012 at 02:00 AM..

Old 06-17-2012, 01:04 AM

31 posts, read 40,320 times
Quote:

I myself attempted to situate myself for it so I could take a year or two off and enjoy a vacation.

I know several friends who decided to travel the world and refused to go back to work because it didn't pay more than unemployment. Yet, you want to cast a shadow that it is hell .. I have several friends like you... Were given everything in life and didn't work for sh*t and they carry on w/ the same liberal attitude : What's your problem bro? Why do you hate the poor so much? Life's hell for them, why not give them more handouts? .. The reason they have this attitude is because they themselves are used to it from Mommy/Daddy... They never lived a day of struggling in their life and have no perspective about it. They read b.s studies from flawed sample groups... An article or two and feel they know a thing or two about poverty and the things that plague the poor. The only thing that plagues the majority of them is poverty of mind and handouts only serve to fester the wound. My parents were poor .. There is nothing wrong w/ being poor. They had a great deal of wisdom/knowledge.. Great mannerism and were quite pleasant. Nothing says because you are poor that you are not educated.. Polite.. Have morals/values etc..
So, what's wrong w/ it? My childhood was great.

Years of crack pot studies and academics will continue to fail to grasp this. Why are African Americans so down in this country? Because more than being set back financial/etc their identity was systematically destroyed. Their culture. Their sense of community .. I'm an African American and that's the root of it.

It's not about pristine neighborhoods or schools. It's about a sickness of the mind that will take 2-3 generations to be phased out by time (for African Americans at least due to what they went through). You don't resolve this by giving people hand outs after handouts.. That actually makes it worse. Give them an opportunity. Take them on a field-trip to the nice neighborhood.. The affluent side of town and let them ask you candid questions about your success.... Broaden their horizons.. Educate them on the many paths to a good life and prosperity..... The main issues is ignorance about what legitimate paths they can seek to prosperity.. Stop pushing reality t.v and sh*t down their throat ... Cut out the watching of stupid a$$ music videos and reality TV that make them believe if they j*ck off through their life they'll be a millionaire. Give them community. Solve the sickness in their heads. I have relatives upon relatives who are still stuck in the same hood I left .. blocks away... wth is different between us? Our minds... Their minds are still imprisoned by the hood.

P.S - Every dumb*ss (literally) from highschool I knew was flipping homes.. Parading as playboy real-estate agents ... Moonlighting as robo-signers for local branches ... Calling me up to have me answer a call from the bank and lie about their wages ... Calling me an idiot for not participating in the housing cluster f*ck... Which is why i shorted the sh*t out of it in markets and banked hard on the collapse any nimrod could have seen coming.. Same goes for many of the issues I talk about they rose colored glass'd denyist hum out of existence. I'd like to know just what part you think the avg. joe-blow played in this all. Wallstreet and our idiotic govt. gave people who cry that they are never on equal ground the power and like savages they ran around and exploited each other just like the crooks on wallstreet. Non of the participants wallstreet/mainstreet are any less to blame for this. They have equal ownership in what resulted.. But again, you show your ownbounded guilt for where you are in life and you ignorantly defend mainstreet as if they didn't know any better. This is the mindset of you avg. Californian and another reason I am gtfo here.

Me : And yes.. quite frankly they are. All I gotta say.. Quite frankly tired of educating uppity educated people who don't have any perspective on life beyond some dumb article or study they have read. I read them too FYI but I know better because I actually go out in the real world and interact w/ people of varying backgrounds. Next thing you're gonna tell me is that you think Krugman is the most amazing economist in the world.. Yeah, i hear that a lot .. Keep reading your articles and expert opinion pieces... Carry on w/ liberal mindedness/etc .. Go back to your comfy home and feel all is correct in your views because you face no real world consequences/negative feedback for being wrong... You're far removed from it and the easy default sentiment is just to say : yeah, why not? go ahead... The harder thing is to actually understand the root and the drivers... Something about being closely connected to it all your life w/ eyes wide open puts you in touch w/ it.... Reading 2nd and 3rd hand idiotic opinion pieces from silver spoon fed liberal sthat confirm w/ your opinion does not.
3. funemployment

To be unemployed and collecting unemployment, welfare, SSI or other means of income from government. This is especially true if you are on unemployment, and obtaining benefits with no desire to try and find a new job. Instead, the time is used to do other things, like travel, chill, etc.
Man, I love funemployment

Oh my gosh... hilarious! That was my point exactly. There are people because of public policy which has extended the unemployment benefit period, many people have opted to not actively look for work.

Thanks for sharing... I needed the reprieve from this discussion! I've said all that I needed to say, now I shall sit back and watch other unsuspecting souls try and reason until they realize they are debating with someone who advocates for the excuse-makers of America. I'm sorry, America is over-run with social programs to assist the disadvantaged out of their plight, however rather than take advantage of the free education, free training, free medical services, free counseling, free job coaching, free employment services, they won't even get up out of the bed or off the sofa to even go and take advantage of all the free services afforded them.

I live in a neighborhood, where people will make an effort to get up and walk to the 7-Eleven every morning in their nightclothes to get coffee, only to go back home and climb onto the sofa. I know someone who was ecstatic that school was out so now she doesn't have to get up in the morning to take her daughter to school. She was an honors student in high school, so she has the intellect to either obtain higher education or secure a job. She dropped out of community college, and at 26 has never worked a day in her life. She gets her usual welfare check, food subsidy, and lives in a Section-8, 2 bedroom house, but complains about getting up at 7am to take her daughter to school. My response to her was "Praise God for all the people who do get up early just so that you can have food in your fridge and a roof over your head, while they have to struggle to live in a 1-bedroom apartment, because they can't afford the luxuries you have of a nice 2-bedroom house."

Last edited by Juelle; 06-17-2012 at 01:28 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California