Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Stay Canadian or become American?
FIGHT FOR CANADA! 65 64.36%
Become an American 36 35.64%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 10:24 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,977,058 times

Advertisements

All those Americans and Canadians fighting against each other should take a look at this and realise what is really happening out there.
33 American nations (there are 35 sovereign nations in the Americas) have formed a bloc specifically to exclude the US and Canada. If the US and Canada are divided they will be further isolated!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commun...ribbean_States
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2014, 10:47 AM

342 posts, read 511,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbesdj View Post
I am sensing a deep seated feeling of emasculation and inferiority from you. There really is no reason to respond to every thread concerning America with rabid knee-jerk anti-american sentiment. I find that my graduate studies in history are more accurate and reliable than tabloidism such as 'whatreallyhappened.com'. I really must say that such 'sources' are laughable at best. While they make for a good joke, they also provide a more depressing window into how the average layman or woman may be getting his or education. If you like, I can offer you some more objective and scholarly works to help round out your research.
Perhaps you can read some of them during your six months in Florida this year?
LOL!!! whatreallyhappened.com

+2

Old 05-29-2014, 10:49 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman249 View Post
This and many other such human experiments conducted by countries around the world are shameful events in our (the world's) history. But I fail to understand the purpose of posting articles on Human Experimentation from Wikipedia. What exactly are you trying to prove?

In have been to Churchill, MB and know that in the 1950's the US and Canada performed joint military exercises in that region. There's a famous Fort Churchill rocket launching site and if you walk around the Churchill area, you will find a few empty rocket shells from many many years ago. Even today, the small population up there will tell you about the harmful effects of this army experimentation on the natives (Chipewyan and Cree). Why dont you post links about that as well?
What I was "trying to prove" in posting wiki links about solely those experimentations as was authorized by the U.S. Gov. was for the purpose of supporting the concept of us thinking and also being forgiven for that thinking, we might have as much or even more concern over U.S. behaviour towards Canada than Russia's or any other countries, as demonstrated SO FAR. I should have thought that would have been obvious. We made that assertion very early on when one of your posters surmised the only thing standing between us and any threatening menace was you guys.

Your posts among others attempt to dismiss your governments actions as a mere happenstance in history that should be forgiven and forgotten because, as we all should know; "you're not like that now".

Of course our militaries have worked together towards a common purpose, treaty obligations notwithstanding, that just makes good sense.

I harbour no personal ill will towards any American citizens because it is also a well known fact that when it comes to governments and their imperatives or behaviour; it's not like any of them are forthright in either their information to their citizens or subjecting everything they do to the scrutiny of their electorate. Our own government included!

Read up on experimentation of Agent Orange as it was used in Canada. One of those links about the CIA operation MkUltra involving LSD and lobotomy's performed in mental institutions within Canada, I hardly think happened without at least some degree of Canadian complicity.

As is demonstrated on fairly regular occasions Canada as a nation is quite cognizant of a filial relationship with our neighbour that goes beyond mere economics and will jump to help the U.S. whenever it is required without asking in some cases, need I post links to those occurrances to support that hypothesis as well?

Old 05-29-2014, 10:56 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,502,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
All those Americans and Canadians fighting against each other should take a look at this and realise what is really happening out there.
33 American nations (there are 35 sovereign nations in the Americas) have formed a bloc specifically to exclude the US and Canada. If the US and Canada are divided they will be further isolated!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commun...ribbean_States
"Fighting against each other"? More unbridled emotiveness to describe the to-&-fro posting on a stupid thread posted by an American regarding a poll asking Canadians what their response would be to a proposed annexation.

Jeeez louise!

Old 05-29-2014, 11:11 AM

1,706 posts, read 2,438,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
What I was "trying to prove" in posting wiki links about solely those experimentations as was authorized by the U.S. Gov. was for the purpose of supporting the concept of us thinking and also being forgiven for that thinking, we might have as much or even more concern over U.S. behaviour towards Canada than Russia's or any other countries, as demonstrated SO FAR. I should have thought that would have been obvious.
Well, I am sorry, I still dont get it. So by posting random articles from the 1950s you are trying to prove that Canada should be more concerned about the US and less about Russia? I dont follow.

You are either completely unaware of history, current affairs and Canada's foreign relations, or are being purposefully oblivious to the facts.

I am not sure if I should even bother ..... but I am sure you are aware that countries that have gone to war in the past are now close allies (e.g. countries in Western Europe). I am sure France is not concerned about a pending German invasion. And India is not preparing for another British occupation.

So I am sorry if I dont buy your US-Canada enemies forever logic based on Wikipedia articles about Human Experimentation.

Russia is one of Canada's biggest geo-political foes. I dont care if you dont think so ... but the Government does think so.

Quote:
We made that assertion very early on when one of your posters surmised the only thing standing between us and any threatening menace was you guys.
Seriously man .....

Old 05-29-2014, 11:19 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,734,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman249 View Post
Russia is one of Canada's biggest geo-political foes. I dont care if you dont think so ... but the Government does think so.
why? Has Russia ever been aggressive to Canada?

Old 05-29-2014, 11:22 AM

2,973 posts, read 1,977,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
‘War without weapons’: Russia singles out Canada over tough line - The Globe and Mail
A top deputy in Russia’s parliament said Tuesday that Russia and the West were now involved in a “war without weapons,” singling out Canada for special criticism because of its tough line towards Moscow and its loud support for the new government in Ukraine.

Old 05-29-2014, 11:43 AM

7,309 posts, read 9,333,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywalk View Post
‘War without weapons’: Russia singles out Canada over tough line - The Globe and Mail
A top deputy in Russia’s parliament said Tuesday that Russia and the West were now involved in a “war without weapons,” singling out Canada for special criticism because of its tough line towards Moscow and its loud support for the new government in Ukraine.
Frankly, that's Canada being aggressive towards Russia. States like Canada and Ukraine are only proxies for the US and Russia and if the US can't even handle Cuba just off shore, there's no reason to think that Russia should be able to handle NATO in Ukraine. Putin on relations with Canada: Russian leader sees room for compromise on Arctic, not on Ukraine | National Post

If there is still someone left in the world who thinks that countries - any country - doesn't act first what is in their own best interests, speak up now. The US does it and I am not negating that the US has done a lot of good in the world, but first and foremost everyone acts according to their own interests. It is definitely not in Russian interests to have Ukraine aligned with the west. And I don't see how it is in the world's best interests to have Ukraine either.

Old 05-29-2014, 11:43 AM

1,706 posts, read 2,438,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Yeah. Doesn't get a lot of coverage. But their ice-breaker (navy) ships used to enter Canadian territory. This forced Canada to spend Billions to get their own ships, strengthen the coast- guard and monitor the Canadian north.

Old 05-29-2014, 11:45 AM

342 posts, read 511,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
"Fighting against each other"? More unbridled emotiveness to describe the to-&-fro posting on a stupid thread posted by an American regarding a poll asking Canadians what their response would be to a proposed annexation.

Jeeez louise!
If you think about it logically annexation (or more preferably a peaceful union or merger) would be the best thing that could happen. The States would never conquer Canada by force, they are the guarantors of Canadas independence proseprity and existence. The question is just a joke. But a peaceful union or merger would benefit Canada incredibly. Just like when Canada was just a backwards peripheral country before American businesses started taking over in the 50's and 60's. Canadians then were opposed to it, but everything in Canada got better. Canada was no longer a poor British colony but became a respectable relatively modern country. Those who reacted with emotion over reason were against it, now they look like idiots because everything worked out for the better.

I really get tired of the bumpkin mindset that convinces us from preschool on that Canadian = good, moral, advanced, tolerant, superior and American = ignorant, dumb, hateful, violent, backwards. Its so ignorant. Repalce the word american with Chinese and you get a racist. I am fearful of raising my future kids Canada because I dont want them to ever have this bigoted mindset. But some are so old that this is what they've believed their whole lives and will never change for anything or anyone. Its a sad bitter mentality to live with. With reason and logic USA and CDN are best friends and should act accordingly. No more childish insecurity. We are capable of so much more if you just open up your mind and stop thinking with such a closed off mindset. We can start now by adopting a mentality of peace and openness and commence a peaceful merger that would create the greatest country to ever exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada