Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2019, 09:31 AM

1,196 posts, read 757,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
He works for G-d...
if satan worked for God, he would be working what is Righteous. satan causes mankind to ignore the Fact that the GOD of Israel has a name (Exo. 6:3) English- JEHOVAH, Hebrew -Yahweh. he has MANY believe this same one is Jesus. even though Jesus said he HAS a "Father" and "GOD" ,(John 3:16). satan is on the attack of humans ,(1Pet. 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour). Jehovah God would NOT warn us against someone who's "working" for him would he? Jehovah also said this ,(Ephe. 6:11 Put on the whole Armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil).

would God tell us to basically stick close to him, so that we won't be fooled by satan, if satan was ONLY doing God's work? Jesus is doing his Father's work ,(John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me). see also (John 14:24 He that love me not keep not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me). everything Jesus teaches, is for our benefit, and it comes from his Father.

satan wanted the Almighty God's Glory ,(Isa. 14:12-15 “How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, You who weakened the nations! For you have said in your heart: ‘I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation On the farthest sides of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High'). Jesus DIDN'T! ,(Phil. 2:5,6 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God).

Jehovah is a God of love, (1John 4:8), satan loves ONLY himself. he even tried to Get the SON of God to worship him ,(Matt. 4:1- 8. Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them. 9 And said unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me). would Jehovah God want someone like that to work for him? I think not! peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2019, 09:43 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,127,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post
if satan worked for God, he would be working what is Righteous. satan causes mankind to ignore the Fact that the GOD of Israel has a name (Exo. 6:3) English- JEHOVAH, Hebrew -Yahweh. he has MANY believe this same one is Jesus. even though Jesus said he HAS a "Father" and "GOD" ,(John 3:16). satan is on the attack of humans ,(1Pet. 5:8 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour). Jehovah God would NOT warn us against someone who's "working" for him would he? Jehovah also said this ,(Ephe. 6:11 Put on the whole Armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil).

would God tell us to basically stick close to him, so that we won't be fooled by satan, if satan was ONLY doing God's work? Jesus is doing his Father's work ,(John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me). see also (John 14:24 He that love me not keep not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me). everything Jesus teaches, is for our benefit, and it comes from his Father.

satan wanted the Almighty God's Glory ,(Isa. 14:12-15 “How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, You who weakened the nations! For you have said in your heart: ‘I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation On the farthest sides of the north; I will ascend above the heights of the clouds, I will be like the Most High'). Jesus DIDN'T! ,(Phil. 2:5,6 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God).

Jehovah is a God of love, (1John 4:8), satan loves ONLY himself. he even tried to Get the SON of God to worship him ,(Matt. 4:1- 8. Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and showed him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them. 9 And said unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me). would Jehovah God want someone like that to work for him? I think not! peace
Satan works for G-d...Educate yourself and not just from the WatchTower...

Old 10-16-2019, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Richard, do you know what the great white judgment is?
An invention of Christians?...

Old 10-16-2019, 10:03 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,691,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo-50 View Post

You do realize, it was GOD himself, that cast Satan down to earth, and gave him the ability to walk among us...right?

This would kind of be like a prison releasing the worst child predator, giving him a ride into town and dropping him off at the grade school...and then warning the parents about trying to avoid him!!

Do you see how illogical that is?

Old 10-16-2019, 03:24 PM

23,272 posts, read 10,571,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwade View Post
captain ahab has to get his whale.
lol.

Old 10-16-2019, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
An invention of Christians?...
Cruiser sure likes using the term, maybe we should ask her what she is talking about. It is a term used in Revelation about a particular day, it's just funny that Christians use the term,'' The great white Judgement,'' it implies that they don't know what it is.

But then, Christians think everything in Revelation is something new when it has a thousand references to the law and the prophets and Jewish tradition. I just laugh every time somebody says,'' The great white judgment.''

Old 10-16-2019, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Satan exists and has a purpose, to test the saints. He tested Job-countless Christians-and even tried to test Jesus. He continues because he is not all knowing, he does know the book but his hatred for God keeps him going. When Jesus is done with him He simply kicks him into the lake of fire and he is gone. He could have done it at any time but He needed him to do one last big test at the end of the millenium where people who had seen and been under the grace of Jesus rejected HIM. They were simply vaporized and will not get a hearing at the Great White Throne judgment. There is no recourse for those who have seen Jesus in person and still reject.
That is just not what happens Cruiser, what do you think the great white judgment is? I mean, here you are talking about people being vaporized, when does this happen?

Old 10-16-2019, 10:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
You do realize, it was GOD himself, that cast Satan down to earth, and gave him the ability to walk among us...right?

This would kind of be like a prison releasing the worst child predator, giving him a ride into town and dropping him off at the grade school...and then warning the parents about trying to avoid him!!

Do you see how illogical that is?
Are you playing devil’s advocate?...

Old 10-20-2019, 09:52 AM

614 posts, read 174,999 times
"How art thou fallen, star of the morning?" is actually talking about Adam. It may also refer to Solomon, how he fell from his unique position by listening to the words of his wife. Both of those things, however, refer to the same thing, the fallen state of man. They prophetically attempt to get us to understand where we are in relation to God.

To say that Satan is a spiritual being is to say something about a deeper arrangement to the cosmos than to say that being is encapsulated in a personality. Satan is man! The stories about him are meant to help us understand who we are in relation to God. We are the adversary. No, Jesus casting out demons does not work against this understanding. The life of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. As such those instances indicate how the truth brought by the Holy Spirit is the only way to overcome things like cult mentality or conspiracy theory thinking, not to mention actual ailments which may or may not have their root in our damaged and broken selves.

Everything we want and seek for we do so under the auspices of a consciousness which seeks for itself. Even now, nearly the whole of Christianity seeks to assume that they can stand before God without attending to the sort of repentance God asks for. What they want, to save themselves, simply isn't possible without losing that same thing.

The Holy Spirit is here to help us do just that. Everything that we need in order to find our repentance(and we have to repent from so many things, including believing that acting in one manner or another can save us) is present in Him. Likewise, He brings the difference we need to obtain a relationship with God, by a rebirth in that Spirit. Look how while Jesus was on earth the Spirit only resided in Him, but that after Jesus went to heaven the Spirit resided in first the small group at Pentecost, and then that extended to everyone who received Him. To do so, however, you have to take up your cross every day.The sort of selfishness man indulges in gets in the way, and we can't do anything about it but surrender to the Spirit.

Old 10-20-2019, 02:05 PM

The Holy spirit huh?'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity