Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2014, 06:59 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelDante View Post

But this has gone on too long so for the sake of putting our chat on ice this is my last response.
Just as well. Once you refused to watch the videos that Janelle posted, saying you were someone "who seeks only truth", (post #310 for those of you on your way to Mass) it was clear you're not here to learn anything from the Catholics.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 09-30-2014 at 07:13 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2014, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelDante View Post
I know the bible is not used as much as Christians but had to be some other source but I finally understand there is none and responses are just based off traditions and habits.
p.s. Catholics ARE Christians. You've been told Catholic tradition comes from the Holy Spirit. You can learn or you can continue to not know much about Catholicism. You can learn or you can continue to believe things that aren't true. Your choice.

Old 09-30-2014, 07:15 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
p.s. Catholics ARE Christians. You've been told Catholic tradition comes from the Holy Spirit. You can learn or you can continue to not know much about Catholicism. You can learn or you can continue to believe things that aren't true. Your choice.
Thank you DewDropInn, amazing that in this day and age there are still people who try to say otherwise

I'm all for folks trying to learn from one another, and I have no agenda or intent to convert anyone to anything. Wouldn't the world be a lot better place if everyone just respected their neighbors peaceful faith beliefs?

Old 09-30-2014, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Wouldn't the world be a lot better place if everyone just respected their neighbors peaceful faith beliefs?
That's my prayer. (I'll have to light a candle.)

Last edited by DewDropInn; 09-30-2014 at 07:44 PM..

Old 10-01-2014, 12:29 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,520,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Just as well. Once you refused to watch the videos that Janelle posted, saying you were someone "who seeks only truth", (post #310 for those of you on your way to Mass) it was clear you're not here to learn anything from the Catholics.
Thank you for pointing that out. He wouldn't read my links but still wants to tell us what we think. That is my point.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:31 AM

2,535 posts, read 3,283,359 times
STILL, The greatest division between simpler non-Liturgical Churches and Catholicism and Anglican somewhere in between ? Is Mariology, especially Mary as Co-Redemptrix and Her Assumption as Sacred Tradition teaches, with also Immaculate Conception, though that is the lessor of the 3 to argue over and Veneration. When the dead become declared Intercessors, whether Mary or declared Beautified Saints? Is it Validated anywhere in Scripture? Other then Christ, clearly called such and ONLY in Scripture?
The ultimate question is, lacking Sacred Traditions? Basically meaning accepted truths not found in Scripture? Are they Necessary to have True Faith and Salvation? Did not God give us all sufficient truths necessary? To Know him, and He know us? In the final Spiritually assembled Bible we have completed? Apparently LDS Christians say no. Adding the Book of Mormon and Catholicism also with added Sacred Traditions, that are then part of Truth, Faith and Salvation? Being not merely traditions for a Worship Service we assemble for. But as if part of the Bible now.
Could that mean there is more left to add? No Church added the so called, left out Gospels? But a large part of Christianity did see the Apocryphal as not sacred scripture. But don't deny it as truths.

Old 10-01-2014, 05:13 PM

I posted the links that show where in scripture the communion of Saints are referred to----it is scriptural.

Old 10-02-2014, 06:45 AM

2,535 posts, read 3,283,359 times
Does communion of saints teach ?
---Praying to dead beautified righteous persons to intercede for us . Mary and declared saints.
---Mary as a co-redemptrix
Does not scripture teach Richman and Lazarus parable? They the dead ARE NOT allowed to contact those alive? As the Richman wanted to go to warn his family? Also the gulf is up going both ways then? Why some Churches that give WARRENT to prayer to dead Saints. Can fall prey for Mediums. Those Churches that teach God has the living and dead meant to stay separated. Are taught mediums cannot conjure up a dead family member? But can conjure up a evil spirit, that might through them imitate one?
--Just many find, Jesus called the ONLY MEDIATOR TO GOD, in scripture, between man and God. Means just that?
Oh but Mary and declared Saint intercede to Jesus? But they still say Jesus is God?
---I DO CLEARLY WANT TO SAY THOUGH, I DO ACCEPT CATHOLICS AS CHRISTIANS. No Church has every detail fully correct? Because Satan is clearly there to cause disunity to false doctrine. But just as in the lesson or JOB.
SATAN CANNOT KILL THE BODY Nor true faith. But he sure has us divided. We the Body of believers in Christ.

Old 10-02-2014, 04:39 PM

Since you brought Satan into this---I have a theory that Satan does not want us to accept Mary or to pray to her. Satan hates Mary the most since it was she who brought our redeemer into the world and stopped his plans to send our souls to hell.

Satan delights in our misunderstanding about the saints and especially Mary.

Old 10-02-2014, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeps View Post
Does communion of saints teach ?
---Praying to dead beautified righteous persons to intercede for us . Mary and declared saints.
---Mary as a co-redemptrix
Does not scripture teach Richman and Lazarus parable? They the dead ARE NOT allowed to contact those alive? As the Richman wanted to go to warn his family? Also the gulf is up going both ways then? Why some Churches that give WARRENT to prayer to dead Saints. Can fall prey for Mediums. Those Churches that teach God has the living and dead meant to stay separated. Are taught mediums cannot conjure up a dead family member? But can conjure up a evil spirit, that might through them imitate one?
--Just many find, Jesus called the ONLY MEDIATOR TO GOD, in scripture, between man and God. Means just that?
Oh but Mary and declared Saint intercede to Jesus? But they still say Jesus is God?
---I DO CLEARLY WANT TO SAY THOUGH, I DO ACCEPT CATHOLICS AS CHRISTIANS. No Church has every detail fully correct? Because Satan is clearly there to cause disunity to false doctrine. But just as in the lesson or JOB.
SATAN CANNOT KILL THE BODY Nor true faith. But he sure has us divided. We the Body of believers in Christ.
That is very true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity