Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2010, 10:59 AM

7,076 posts, read 12,344,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikk View Post
The bible is divinely inspired. It's claim is backed by it's prophesies which have come true.
Those "prophesies" only came true for two reasons:

1-They were written down before by older religions similar to Christianity
2-They were written down in the same book that claimed them to be true

Reason number 2 is a charateristic of the con game. Here is an example of how the con game works.

I tell a random poster that I can read their mind over the computer. That poster says "let's see you try". I then type a bunch of BS that I made up. That poster says "WOW, how did you know what I was thinking?". The sheeple that observed this con says "WOW, he really read that poster's mind over the computer! AMAZING!!!" To top it off, I tell every poster that I am God and that you are going to hell if you ever question my ability to read minds over the computer.

This is what I mean by the con game. You can not have prophesies in a book and have that same book claim that the prophesies were fulfilled. Show me a non-Christian book that says "yup, Jesus was the son of god and the only way to heaven is through him".

Old 09-08-2010, 11:02 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,439,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
Ever heard of ARCHAEOLOGY???? Yeah...alrighty then....
Acheologist in the Middle East constantly use the bible as a primary and very reliable source. With it they have found many of the cities and kingdoms of past civilizations by just looking where the bible says it was located. The bible has preserved customs and titles and style of speach of the ancients that cannot be found in any other source. But when acheology reveals some of these cultural facts the bible stands relibable.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:04 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,855,009 times
Quote:
The bible is divinely inspired. It's claim is backed by it's prophesies which have come true.
Then perhaps you can tell us just when Egypt was a desolate wasteland, devoid of man or beast for 40 years.

Quote:
The other books either do not make the claim that they are from God, are divinely inspired. Or they are known to be false and ficticious. Or their prophesies have proven them false.

FINGER PRINTS
"Their skins will bear witness against them as to what they have been doing" (41:21)
The finger prints system at borders, criminal investigation cells and immigration centres prove the fulfillment of this Quranic prophecy.

POLLUTION
"Corruption has spread on land and sea because of what men’s hands have wrought" (30:42)
One of the interpretations of the above verse of the Holy Quran is the environmental pollution, caused by human being. And that is spread both in land and sea due to our own inventions, i.e., fumes from chimneys of factories, chemical and nuclear waste, huge traffic in the cities, noise and creation of ozone hole are manifest testimonies of the fulfillment of this prophecy.

GENETIC ENGINEERING
"They will alter Allah's creation." (4:120)
The holy Quran has prophesied the plastic surgery, genetic engineering and cloning in this short and concise sentence.

ROADS IN MOUNTAINS
"And when the mountains are made to move." (81:4)
Centuries before the invention of dynamite, the holy Quran prophesied the blowing up and moving of the mountains.

NEW TRANSPORT SYSTEMS
"And when the she-camels, ten months pregnant are abandoned." (81:5)
"And He has created horses and mules and asses that you may ride them, and as a source of beauty. And He will create what you do not yet know." (16:9)
As we know people, specially those living in deserts, have now abandoned camels and other animals for travelling. But this prophecy of invention and emergence of new transport systems is on-going as we witness new and faster modes of transportation emerging all the time.

ZOO
"And when the wild beasts are gathered together." (81:6)
Nobody could ever imagine that one day wild beasts shall be captured, tamed and put together in closed and open parks. The establishment of zoo have fulfilled this prophecy.

OCCEANS LINKED
"And when the rivers are made to flow into each other." (81:7)
"He has made the two bodies of water flow. They will one day meet. Between them there is a barrier; they cannot encroach one upon the other." (55:20,21)
"And He it is Who shall merge the two seas together. This palatable and sweet, that saltish and bitter. And between them He has (presently) placed a barrier and a massive partition." (25:54)
This phenomenal prophecy is an excellent proof of truthfulness of Quran. It was beyond imagination of any one living 1400 years ago to even think of linking of oceans which we see today in Panama and Suez canals.

MODERN COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
"And when various people are brought together." (81:8)
Fast transport systems, telephone, satellite systems and internet have brought so close to each other proving the truthfulness of the holy Quran.

BOOKS PUBLISHED AND SPREAD
"And when books are spread abroad." (81:11)
The invention of printing press and publication houses and consequently spread of books every where is one of the marvellous prophecies of the Quran made in the dark ages of ignorance and illiteracy.

AIR TRAFFIC SYSTEM
"And by the heaven full of tracks" (51:8)
While prophesying about modern transport systems, Quran also foretold the air-traffic system which is an essential part of aviation. A person living in desert 1400 years ago cannot talk about such advance technologies unless revealed to him by God Almighty.

AIDS

"It never happens that permissiveness overwhelms a people to the extent that they display their acts of sex shamelessly and they are not uniquely punished by God. Among them, invariably, pestilence is made to spread and such other diseases, the like of which have never been witnessed by their forefathers."
FULFILLED PROPHECIES OF THE HOLY QURAN

Quote:
The bible continues to be found a reliable historic document,....
You mean like Nazareth existing as a city/town in the 1st century...when it didn't...that sort of historical accuracy?

Quote:
The bible is the only book to hit the top sellers list every year since the invention of the printing press. In fact it was the first book printed. It is estimated that there have been between 2 to 6 billion copies sold. It is printed in practically every language in the world. That cannot be said by any other book in history.
It's only evidence that it's popular, not that it's true.

Last edited by Rafius; 09-08-2010 at 11:19 AM..

Old 09-08-2010, 11:07 AM

2,595 posts, read 4,439,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post

Reason number 2 is a charateristic of the con game. Here is an example of how the con game works.

I tell a random poster that I can read their mind over the computer. That poster says "let's see you try". I then type a bunch of BS that I made up. That poster says "WOW, how did you know what I was thinking?". The sheeple that observed this con says "WOW, he really read that poster's mind over the computer! AMAZING!!!" To top it off, I tell every poster that I am God and that you are going to hell if you ever question my ability to read minds over the computer.

This is what I mean by the con game. You can not have prophesies in a book and have that same book claim that the prophesies were fulfilled. Show me a non-Christian book that says "yup, Jesus was the son of god and the only way to heaven is through him".
1. Judaism is what Christianity came out of. That is what I am refering too. Judaism is based off the proto-semetic religion of Noah, Adam and Eve, Abel, Abraham, Issac and Jaccob. This proto-semetic religion predates all religions of the world.

2. The bible is not one book it is infact 66 books. The bible is accually a library of ancient manuscripts. with over 40 writters and written over a period of 1500 years. So, to claim that it is internal in the bible so the prophesies don't count is an incorrect counter arguement. Full of ignorance of the arguement and pretence.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:13 AM

4,883 posts, read 6,210,526 times
Quote:

I can clearly see it has been a huge waste of time to speak to people such as these...blind faith truly is BLIND. You can lead the sheeple to water...but you can't make em drink.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
1. Judaism is what Christianity came out of. That is what I am refering too. Judaism is based off the proto-semetic religion of Noah, Adam and Eve, Abel, Abraham, Issac and Jaccob. This proto-semetic religion predates all religions of the world.

2. The bible is not one book it is infact 66 books. The bible is accually a library of ancient manuscripts. with over 40 writters and written over a period of 1500 years. So, to claim that it is internal in the bible so the prophesies don't count is an incorrect counter arguement. Full of ignorance of the arguement and pretence.
I believe the Jews would beg to differ on your assessment there. Christianity, in no way, has anything to do with Judiasm. They are still waiting for their Messiah because Jesus, in no way whatsoever, fulfilled any of the Messianic prophecies of the Jews. Talk to a Rabbi and he'll set you straight on that matter.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
Then perhaps you can tell us just when Egypt was a desolate wasteland, devoid of man or beast for 40 years.

FINGER PRINTS
"Their skins will bear witness against them as to what they have been doing" (41:21)
The finger prints system at borders, criminal investigation cells and immigration centres prove the fulfillment of this Quranic prophecy.

POLLUTION
"Corruption has spread on land and sea because of what men’s hands have wrought" (30:42)
One of the interpretations of the above verse of the Holy Quran is the environmental pollution, caused by human being. And that is spread both in land and sea due to our own inventions, i.e., fumes from chimneys of factories, chemical and nuclear waste, huge traffic in the cities, noise and creation of ozone hole are manifest testimonies of the fulfillment of this prophecy.

GENETIC ENGINEERING
"They will alter Allah's creation." (4:120)
The holy Quran has prophesied the plastic surgery, genetic engineering and cloning in this short and concise sentence.

ROADS IN MOUNTAINS
"And when the mountains are made to move." (81:4)
Centuries before the invention of dynamite, the holy Quran prophesied the blowing up and moving of the mountains.

NEW TRANSPORT SYSTEMS
"And when the she-camels, ten months pregnant are abandoned." (81:5)
"And He has created horses and mules and asses that you may ride them, and as a source of beauty. And He will create what you do not yet know." (16:9)
As we know people, specially those living in deserts, have now abandoned camels and other animals for travelling. But this prophecy of invention and emergence of new transport systems is on-going as we witness new and faster modes of transportation emerging all the time.

ZOO
"And when the wild beasts are gathered together." (81:6)
Nobody could ever imagine that one day wild beasts shall be captured, tamed and put together in closed and open parks. The establishment of zoo have fulfilled this prophecy.

OCCEANS LINKED
"And when the rivers are made to flow into each other." (81:7)
"He has made the two bodies of water flow. They will one day meet. Between them there is a barrier; they cannot encroach one upon the other." (55:20,21)
"And He it is Who shall merge the two seas together. This palatable and sweet, that saltish and bitter. And between them He has (presently) placed a barrier and a massive partition." (25:54)
This phenomenal prophecy is an excellent proof of truthfulness of Quran. It was beyond imagination of any one living 1400 years ago to even think of linking of oceans which we see today in Panama and Suez canals.

MODERN COMMUNICATION SYSTEMS
"And when various people are brought together." (81:8)
Fast transport systems, telephone, satellite systems and internet have brought so close to each other proving the truthfulness of the holy Quran.

BOOKS PUBLISHED AND SPREAD
"And when books are spread abroad." (81:11)
The invention of printing press and publication houses and consequently spread of books every where is one of the marvellous prophecies of the Quran made in the dark ages of ignorance and illiteracy.

AIR TRAFFIC SYSTEM
"And by the heaven full of tracks" (51:8)
While prophesying about modern transport systems, Quran also foretold the air-traffic system which is an essential part of aviation. A person living in desert 1400 years ago cannot talk about such advance technologies unless revealed to him by God Almighty.

AIDS

"It never happens that permissiveness overwhelms a people to the extent that they display their acts of sex shamelessly and they are not uniquely punished by God. Among them, invariably, pestilence is made to spread and such other diseases, the like of which have never been witnessed by their forefathers."
FULFILLED PROPHECIES OF THE HOLY QURAN

You mean like Nazareth existing as a city/town in the 1st century...when it didn't...that sort of historical accuracy?

It's only evidence that it's popular, not that it's true.
Very nice my little friend....very nice indeed!!

Old 09-08-2010, 11:29 AM

Quote:
On this note, I do agree with you. Modern day Christianity does have roots in the World's oldest religions.
Quote:
This is where we disagree. Those "books" of the bible were carefully chosen to keep the sheeple in line. Many other "books" were left out simply because they told "too much". Again, you still don't seem to understand what the overall theme of the bible (and all religions) is. It is a very simple theme. One that most people have missed.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:33 AM

Quote:
On this note, I do agree with you. Modern day Christianity does have roots in the World's oldest religions.
Let me rephrase this for you: Modern day Christianity does have root in the World's oldest Pagan religions.

Quote:
This is where we disagree. Those "books" of the bible were carefully chosen to keep the sheeple in line. Many other "books" were left out simply because they told "too much". Again, you still don't seem to understand what the overall theme of the bible (and all religions) is. It is a very simple theme. One that most people have missed.
Not all of us have missed it...but those who are blind will remain blind until they open their eyes.

Old 09-08-2010, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
I thought we were getting into some archeological evidence yet none has appeard. Does that mean the blowhards keep blowing with no evidence for their claims? Lord forbid.
OK kids, it's movie time!!! (go to the 3min 30sec mark for the good stuff)

YouTube - Zeitgeist [Religion] The Greatest Story Ever Sold (1of 3)

If you didn't like part 1, part 2 and 3 only gets worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity