Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 10:13 PM

69 posts, read 111,082 times

Advertisements

Joseph Smith said they accept the KJV "as far as it is translated correctly" so in the KJV bible the LDS use they have footnotes that show the JST (Joseph Smith Translation) with the corrected translation.

Old 08-16-2012, 07:58 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K4DL View Post
I know that is the current church stand on it but at one time it was accepted and taught by the church leaders. You are aware of that fact I assume.
As a 63-year-old lifelong member of the Church, I am aware of far more than you give me credit for.

Quote:
Check the references I give and you will see I am telling you the truth here.
There's no point in my checking your references. I don't doubt you are telling me the truth. Brigham Young, like all of the presidents of the church, was a human being who held a few opinions of his own (some of them pretty strange, to be perfectly honest). Who cares?

Quote:
These are things I discovered as God led me to the truth and out of the LDS church.
Congratulations. I'm very happy for you.

Last edited by Katzpur; 08-16-2012 at 08:35 AM..

Old 08-16-2012, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Joseph Smith said they accept the KJV "as far as it is translated correctly" so in the KJV bible the LDS use they have footnotes that show the JST (Joseph Smith Translation) with the corrected translation.
Again... so what? I don't think there is a Christian scholar alive today who believes the Bible is without error (I'm speaking of the KJV or any other translation.) I suggest you give it a rest, K4DL. If you want to debate the inerrancy of the scriptures, I'd suggest you start another thread. I'm sure it will get a lot of action.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:07 AM

Quote:
So you did take the blood oaths then. By the way, you know Joseph Smith got those from the Masons.
You are asking me to talk about the temple endowment. In other words, you're asking me to break a promise I made to God. What kind of a person would ask someone to do that?

Quote:
He had joined the Masons just before he got this "revelation" for the temple rituals. I can assure you, having been through both, that they are indeed 100% taken from the Masons rituals. Even the hand shakes and tokens. It's the Mason ritual with the addition of some religious stuff. I know that as surely as there is a God in heaven and his Son is Jesus Christ.
Honestly, you must think me to be unbelievably uninformed. I can assure you that is not the case. Incidentally, you are obviously mistaking the endowment itself (which is a gift of spiritual knowledge) with the presentation of the endowment.

Quote:
And I state that fact to you in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen
Okay.

Last edited by Katzpur; 08-16-2012 at 08:34 AM..

Old 08-16-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Again... so what? I don't think there is a Christian scholar alive today who believes the Bible is without error (I'm speaking of the KJV or any other translation.) I suggest you give it a rest, K4DL. If you want to debate the inerrancy of the scriptures, I'd suggest you start another thread. I'm sure it will get a lot of action.
Sorry, I was just pointing out a fact for the poster who asked you about the bible. I don't debate much just present the facts and evidence with references so anyone can verify that I am telling the truth.

Don't be so touchy about the facts of your religion. This is America and you are free to believe anything you wish.

Old 08-16-2012, 05:50 PM

Quote:
You are asking me to talk about the temple endowment. In other words, you're asking me to break a promise I made to God. What kind of a person would ask someone to do that?
Well since I know the truth of the matter I don't consider you made a promise to God. But than again I was lead from darkness into light. So mote it be.

Quote:
Honestly, you must think me to be unbelievably uninformed. I can assure you that is not the case. Incidentally, you are obviously mistaking the endowment itself (which is a gift of spiritual knowledge) with the presentation of the endowment.

Okay.
You want to deny that the temple rituals are almost verbatim the rituals Joseph had just gone through by joining the Masons? You can't win that one. I assure you the signs, tokens and penalties you were taught and accepted at exact copies that Joseph had learned going through the Masonic rituals just before he created them for the LDS church. Do you really want me to post those rituals word for word here in public? I can! In fact I can post the temple ritual with the changes marked that were made in 1990.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:58 PM

7,998 posts, read 12,279,193 times
Thread closed due to moderator consideration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity