Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2013, 11:24 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,291,770 times

Advertisements

[quote=plain and simple;29880945]

You're in the Christian Forums a lot. The people who spend so much of their time in a place they don't belong to, don't like or don't believe in, do it for one of three reasons: A) To mock, harass and spew hate, B) Because they need psychological help (textbook Psychology 101). Normal, healthy people don't spend inordinate amounts of time in places they don't like or believe in. You don't see me on the Muslim or Buddhist boards acting like the unbelievers here do. Or C) You know He exists but you're angry with Him and/or people who call themselves Christians and you're actually here arguing and mocking in hopes that you'll you'll read something that will finally make you believe because you that's what you really want.

Who says I don't belong?...you?..who says I don't like it?..you?...just because I don't believe , doesn't mean I can't be interested, does it?..Normal healthy people don't make up excuses to put others down...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2013, 11:47 AM

2,271 posts, read 2,652,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
1)..I wasn't aware that asking questions was mocking or spewing hate..2) I doubt that I need psychiatric help any more than you do...3) No, I don't know He exists, so I certainly can't be angry with (or feel that I've been hurt) by Him, can I...You've got it all wrong with your assumptions about me...I don't hate, I don't feel anger, or bitterness. By trying to understand how and why you believe, does not (at all) mean I am being unforgiving, or revengeful...Do you think that you might be more receptive to my honest questions (none of which you've answered) if this were not a christian forum?..why does it seem to bother you so much to give answers to those who ask? You are Christian I gather, and not all those who've not claimed a denomination of their own are out to mock you and put you down...that is YOUR judgement against me...I won't judge you though, as I respect every ones desire to seek answers to what they may sometimes wonder about...If you see that as being disrespectful to you, (or other Christians) then I'm sorry for that...
You misunderstood part of my post and, for that, I apologize. I'm open to honest questions. But look at things from my side. Go back and read my post history. I ask question after question, honestly and validly, but those in the discussion (usually always the haters and mockers) never answer them. I get junior high jokes and witty sayings that avoid the questions. They can't face the truth.

Christians aren't called to be doormats. At some point, we're told to shake the dust from our feet and move on when the truth isn't being received, just mocked and ridiculed. The post I responded to you with was meant for you to think about and a chance to separate you from those mockers and haters. I know you're not psychologically unsound. Few are. So, realistically, that leaves haters and mockers along with true seekers. What other reason could there be?

I wasn't saying that you are spewing hate or mocking people by asking questions. I was speaking in general about those who are not believers but spend so much time in the Christian forums.

There ARE those who come here and to hate and mock. This is a valid category to put some unbelievers who spend a lot of time in the Christian Forums in.

Here are some questions you should ask yourself then. (I'm not asking you to answer them here.) You said you're here trying to understand how and why we believe when you yourself don't. Why? Why is it important to you? If you believe God doesn't exist and that the bible an error ridden fake, why do you even care what Christians believe? How long have you been here trying to do that? Why are you still here? What have you learned so far? What answers are you still looking for?

If you're here to grill and challenge people about their beliefs, you must also be willing to be grilled and challenged about yours. Christians are not here to be your, or anyone's, whipping post to answer upon demand.

Many unbelievers love their science and psychology... until it works against them. Psychology 101 clearly outlines that, outside of the haters, mockers and the mentally unstable, the only reason to spend so much time here debating and challenging is because there is a part of you that DOES know God is real and you are looking for a reason TO believe.

The bottom line is this, my friend. You aren't going to get your every question answered. There are some things you'll never know or understand while you're on this earth. No one, believer or unbeliever, has all the answers so, if that's what you're waiting for, you're waiting in vain.

What you lack is the exercising of your faith to take the first step. We all have faith. It's what, or who, we put that faith in that separates us. Unbelievers put their faith in themselves, their understanding, their logic, other people, and things like scientists and science. Do you know what everyone one of those things is? Fallible. Proven to be error-prone and driven by money, power and agendas. THAT'S why it takes more faith (or is it stubbornness and pride) to believe in these things over God.

Yes, it takes faith to believe in God. But it takes more faith to believe in man, proven his most astounding fallibility and proneness to error and corruption.

So, I'm not offended in the least. I just want to know your reasons for all the time you spend here first. If it's to find answers, I'll answer every questions honestly and stay until you have no more questions. But that demands that you take the time to research and consider the answers given to you.

If it's to bait and argue no matter what, then this fish isn't taking biting. Given the history of this board, surely you can't blame a guy for sifting through the responses.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:52 AM

2,271 posts, read 2,652,623 times
[quote=purehuman;29884129]
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post

You're in the Christian Forums a lot. The people who spend so much of their time in a place they don't belong to, don't like or don't believe in, do it for one of three reasons: A) To mock, harass and spew hate, B) Because they need psychological help (textbook Psychology 101). Normal, healthy people don't spend inordinate amounts of time in places they don't like or believe in. You don't see me on the Muslim or Buddhist boards acting like the unbelievers here do. Or C) You know He exists but you're angry with Him and/or people who call themselves Christians and you're actually here arguing and mocking in hopes that you'll you'll read something that will finally make you believe because you that's what you really want.

Who says I don't belong?...you?..who says I don't like it?..you?...just because I don't believe , doesn't mean I can't be interested, does it?..Normal healthy people don't make up excuses to put others down...
Reread what I actually said.
Quote:
The people who spend so much of their time in a place they don't belong to, don't like or don't believe in, do it for one of three reasons:
I didn't say you don't belong in the Christian forum. I said you don't belong to Christianity. That's of your own admittance.

My questions were to help clarify your motives.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:10 PM

505 posts, read 575,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
They finished early.
What is the group you joined, "Christian Universalism" and what are the beliefs held there? I tried to get there to find out on my own but to no avail. Are you a Christian? Thanks.

Old 06-05-2013, 03:37 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joint heir with jesus View Post
What is the group you joined, "Christian Universalism" and what are the beliefs held there? I tried to get there to find out on my own but to no avail. Are you a Christian? Thanks.
Yes I am a Christian. Each individual has their own unique understanding and beliefs but there is a central core that you can find here Christian Universalist.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:48 PM

505 posts, read 575,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
//www.city-data.com/forum/chris...followers.html

The above link is a thread about my beliefs.

I can also be found on Religion Forums - Discuss and Debate Religion

It is easier for me to just post those links than to retype all of my belief again.

John 4:24 God is a Spirit; and they that worship Him MUST worship Him in spirit and in TRUTH."
Brother: I checked out your beliefs that you referred me to. Some of them are Biblical, but many are not. When we seek to become Christians we (sooner or later) learn that we may have to discard some of our old ways and beliefs. Worshipping God just like prayer, living a new "born-again" life and many, many other things have to be done a specific way. God tells us in scripture how and generally, why. These things are CONDITIONAL, that is, in order for us to receive, we must follow the rules God has set forth for us. Take prayer for example; the believer must pray with unwavering faith in order to receive. If you worship God according to the stated beliefs I read, you are not worshipping God in spirit and in truth. Unless you do this, sadly, you can not expect to receive anything from Him. For instance, according to the Non-Trinitarian beliefs I read, you do not believe in the Trinity, Christ worship or blood sacrifice. These are 3 very basic doctrines of Christianity. To deny these most fundamental beliefs is to reject the foundation of Christianity and why He came. It's understandable to not know or understand every doctrine of a given religion but we can't have a patch-work quilt of beliefs and expect God to favor us. My advice to you is to re-read the Bible and compare your beliefs to it. If you want to have a relationship with God you have to go through the Son. The whole reason He came was to redeem us back into a spiritual relationship with the Father by His own blood sacrifice on the cross.
Your prayers are not getting answered because, IMO, they are not being heard. God cannot respect a follower who picks and chooses which parts of Christianity he agrees with and then substitutes other beliefs for those he doesn't agree with. I want to help you but what you believe is largely unchristian and not found in the Bible.
The short answer: whenever things are going wrong for me- no prayers of mine are being answered, my luck stinks, trouble at work, feeling alone as if God has abandon me; all these are signs that something is wrong. As is usually the case between man and God, the problem is down here, not with God. My brother, you really, truly need to rethink your belief and worship system.

Old 06-06-2013, 09:15 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joint heir with jesus View Post
John 4:24 God is a Spirit; and they that worship Him MUST worship Him in spirit and in TRUTH."
Brother: I checked out your beliefs that you referred me to. Some of them are Biblical, but many are not. When we seek to become Christians we (sooner or later) learn that we may have to discard some of our old ways and beliefs. Worshiping God just like prayer, living a new "born-again" life and many, many other things have to be done a specific way. God tells us in scripture how and generally, why. These things are CONDITIONAL, that is, in order for us to receive, we must follow the rules God has set forth for us. Take prayer for example; the believer must pray with unwavering faith in order to receive. If you worship God according to the stated beliefs I read, you are not worshiping God in spirit and in truth. Unless you do this, sadly, you can not expect to receive anything from Him. For instance, according to the Non-Trinitarian beliefs I read, you do not believe in the Trinity, Christ worship or blood sacrifice. These are 3 very basic doctrines of Christianity. To deny these most fundamental beliefs is to reject the foundation of Christianity and why He came. It's understandable to not know or understand every doctrine of a given religion but we can't have a patch-work quilt of beliefs and expect God to favor us. My advice to you is to re-read the Bible and compare your beliefs to it. If you want to have a relationship with God you have to go through the Son. The whole reason He came was to redeem us back into a spiritual relationship with the Father by His own blood sacrifice on the cross.

Your prayers are not getting answered because, IMO, they are not being heard. God cannot respect a follower who picks and chooses which parts of Christianity he agrees with and then substitutes other beliefs for those he doesn't agree with. I want to help you but what you believe is largely unchristian and not found in the Bible.

The short answer: whenever things are going wrong for me- no prayers of mine are being answered, my luck stinks, trouble at work, feeling alone as if God has abandon me; all these are signs that something is wrong. As is usually the case between man and God, the problem is down here, not with God. My brother, you really, truly need to rethink your belief and worship system.
Christianity is Syncretistic in nature, that which has been blended or mixed with various beliefs throughout the centuries.

Last edited by Jerwade; 06-06-2013 at 09:25 PM..

Old 06-07-2013, 05:24 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,291,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
You misunderstood part of my post and, for that, I apologize. I'm open to honest questions. The post I responded to you with was meant for you to think about and a chance to separate you from those mockers and haters
No I didn't..your words WERE directed to me...doesn't "they, like yourself" sound like it to you?..You aught not to tar everyone with the same brush if you're using the excuse that "there are some who come here and to hate and mock"...You know yourself, there always will be...I think that now that you've finished trying to understand my motives in being here, you should answer "all" my questions like you said you would.

Old 06-08-2013, 02:21 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,690,775 times
"Why would you do (all)this? Why are you doing this?"

Old 06-08-2013, 05:16 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Is there going to be an end?
And how?
How would you ever end this?
Why ... would you end this?

PS I dig what You're doing.....I get it!

Xxoo Miss Hepburn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity