Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-08-2013, 05:32 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,935,370 times

Advertisements

If we can't get married in heaven, God, can we at least have boyfriends and girlfriends?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 06:30 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,314,405 times
When we read the strife and sarcasm of many on the "Christian" forums, I tend to prefer the Bible Talk Social group, where several participants seem to abide by the words of James 3:[16] For where envying and strife is, there is confusion and every evil work. [17] But the wisdom that is from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easy to be intreated, full of mercy and good fruits, without partiality, and without hypocrisy. [18] And the fruit of righteousness is sown in peace of them that make peace.
We really can disagree, but show respect to those who differ with us.

Old 06-13-2013, 12:33 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,998,702 times
If I could ask God one question for right now it would be, "Will you please help me pass the NCLEX-RN the first time around in 75-95 questions?"

If not that question I'd ask Him, "Will you please help me break my attachment to the internet so that I can go out and lead a more physically active, hands on, growth oriented lifestyle?"

Or

"Will you please help me do a better job at budgeting my money so that I can reduce the amount I spend on food and increase the amount I have to travel?"

Or

"Will you please help me to heal so that I can decrease the amount of ego I bring to the table in my relationship and increase the amount of love I demonstrate towards my mate? Please bless our union"

But I already ask Him those questions.

Old 06-15-2013, 08:28 PM

God, why are there so many holes in the New Testament that if we could fill it with water it would leak enough water to fill Lake Superior?

Two for the price of one:

God, if You wanted us to know the truth why didn't You preserve originals of your NT scriptures?

My philosophy now: study the six "authentic" epistles of Paul. I can't 100% trust the gospels so I have to just take the general philosophy contained in them.

Old 06-15-2013, 11:52 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,021,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
God, why are there so many holes in the New Testament that if we could fill it with water it would leak enough water to fill Lake Superior?

Two for the price of one:

God, if You wanted us to know the truth why didn't You preserve originals of your NT scriptures?

My philosophy now: study the six "authentic" epistles of Paul. I can't 100% trust the gospels so I have to just take the general philosophy contained in them.
Which are the six authentic epistles of Paul, as you see it? I certainly hope Romans is one of them.

Old 06-16-2013, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Which are the six authentic epistles of Paul, as you see it? I certainly hope Romans is one of them.
Yes, Romans is at the top of the list, the greatest book in the entire bible I think. Isaiah runs a close second. The other five are the ones generally accepted by most scholars as being authentic Pauline epistles. I accept them because I believe Paul had a genuine conversion, otherwise why would he give up a life he had enjoying persecuting Christians to one where he was regularly beaten to within an inch of his life for the very thing he formerly hated. That proves something to me.

Old 06-16-2013, 02:39 PM

505 posts, read 575,356 times
Romans is my favorite book!

Old 06-19-2013, 06:28 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,314,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Yes, Romans is at the top of the list, the greatest book in the entire bible I think. Isaiah runs a close second. The other five are the ones generally accepted by most scholars as being authentic Pauline epistles. I accept them because I believe Paul had a genuine conversion, otherwise why would he give up a life he had enjoying persecuting Christians to one where he was regularly beaten to within an inch of his life for the very thing he formerly hated. That proves something to me.
excellent post. One of my favorite verses is found in Romans 7:[6]Now we are delivered from the law, that being dead wherein we were held, that we should serve in newness of spirit, and not in the oldness of the letter.
The only way we can serve in obedience to Christ is to be filled with His Holy Spirit (which Peare said God gives to those who obey Him (see Acts 5:32.)

Old 06-21-2013, 10:02 PM

2,757 posts, read 4,003,088 times
I'd ask God if he's tired of seeing people suffer.

Old 06-22-2013, 06:30 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,291,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
I'd ask God if he's tired of seeing people suffer.
He can't be..cause it goes on and on, and on, and on......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity