Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 05:58 PM

505 posts, read 574,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
What would I ask God?
"If there is a person meant for me and will I ever meet her, who is she?" I get very lonely and want a life long partner.
God bless you brother- yes, there is someone out there for you. Stay in prayer and clean. Remove any/all issues that block God answering your prayers. Seek first the Kingdom of God and then He will give you the desires of your heart. I assume you've tried the church social scene and the like. Ask God to send you to the place where you'll meet her_ library, grocery store, discount store, Christian book store etc... Have you tried Christian Mingle? or other Christian sites? Be strong and patient. She's out there waiting for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 06:14 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,996,141 times
I think the biggest question I would ask God is what's the point of it all? Why all of this and for what because even though the meaning of life is whatever meaning you give to it. What was His overall meaning for creation and why, despite all that goes on, does He keep it going?

Old 05-29-2013, 07:01 PM

1,543 posts, read 1,313,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joint heir with jesus View Post
God bless you brother- yes, there is someone out there for you. Stay in prayer and clean. Remove any/all issues that block God answering your prayers. Seek first the Kingdom of God and then He will give you the desires of your heart. I assume you've tried the church social scene and the like. Ask God to send you to the place where you'll meet her_ library, grocery store, discount store, Christian book store etc... Have you tried Christian Mingle? or other Christian sites? Be strong and patient. She's out there waiting for you.
Very good post. I believe that if our desire is to do the will of God first and foremost in this life, we will be reconciled to His Spirit's guiding direction in our thoughts, words, and actions.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:24 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,538,654 times
Me: what's up with mosquitoes, ticks and poison oak???

The rest I accept as God's will.

Old 05-29-2013, 07:58 PM

505 posts, read 574,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
I think the biggest question I would ask God is what's the point of it all? Why all of this and for what because even though the meaning of life is whatever meaning you give to it. What was His overall meaning for creation and why, despite all that goes on, does He keep it going?

Our purpose and destiny:

OUR PURPOSE:

1. To learn the truth about God
2. To surrender our lives of selfishness, and to be "born-again" spiritually
3. To live a Christian life
4. To help others to do the same
5. To have an eternal relationship with the creator of the universe
6. To receive and share everything God has and has created

OUR DESTINY:
When we pass from the physical realm to the spiritual realm upon the our death, we will see God the Father, God the Son- Jesus Christ, and God the Holy Spirit. We will see them in all their glory, splendor and wonder! It is our destiny to be forgiven of our sins and to be adopted into God's very family; and then to spend all eternity wrapped up in His love. It is our destiny to be heirs of the universe.
We each must choose our own final destiny. This is a choice. It is a choice we must all make as individuals; no-one can choose for you. God gave us free-will and the decision to choose our own eternity. Our destiny is not written in stone. It is God's will that we choose forgiveness and salvation, but He will not interfere with our choice. Your final destiny is entirely up to you! YOU ALONE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ETERNAL DESTINY.

Old 05-29-2013, 08:01 PM

1,755 posts, read 2,996,141 times
Quote:
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2]Our purpose and destiny:

OUR PURPOSE:

1. To learn the truth about God

2. To surrender our lives of selfishness, and to be "born-again" spiritually

3. To live a Christian life

4. To help others to do the same

5. To have an eternal relationship with the creator of the universe

6. To receive and share everything God has and has created

OUR DESTINY:

When we pass from the physical realm to the spiritual realm upon the our death, we will see God the

Father, God the Son- Jesus Christ, and God the Holy Spirit. We will see them in all their glory, splendor

and wonder! It is our destiny to be forgiven of our sins and to be adopted into God's very family; and then

to spend all eternity wrapped up in His love. It is our destiny to be heirs of the universe.

We each must choose our own final destiny. This is a choice. It is a choice we must all make as

individuals; no-one can choose for you.
God gave us free-will and the decision to choose our own

eternity. Our destiny is not written in stone. It is God's will that we choose forgiveness and salvation, but

He will not interfere with our choice. Your final destiny is entirely up to you!

YOU AND YOU ALONE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ETERNAL DESTINY.
[/SIZE]

[/SIZE]
Right. And this is what many have told me and to an extent what I believe. Nevertheless, I would like to hear the answer from Him.

Old 05-29-2013, 11:50 PM

104 posts, read 137,967 times
Over on that other thread which somebody , for some obscure reason, locked, you asked me why I blame God for my father's painful death. The answer is that I don't. I don't blame anyone for his death but if God does exist and we are still supposed to love and revere him is this not rather like kicking your dog so that even after cruelty he can lick your hand and show he loves you?
What a lot of religious people don't seem to understand is that the thought of 'nothingness' after death is a bit depressing, so if we could be convinced it would be great but I've been researching for about 40 years (I'm 73) and sadly I have not seen any evidence supported by logic, ( and after all, if He did, create us they tell me it was in his image so....). I've put a lot of effort into books like 'The Jesus Scroll' and Holy Blood & Holy Grail' none of which set out to deny Christianity but to understand what is truth and what is contrived by the church in it's attempt to control the masses. Translations have twisted the Bible in many ways. As an example the Virgin birth idea. The Greek only has one word for this. Aremaic has two. One a woman who has had no sexual contact and one for a woman without children. So the Greek translator had no options.
Also the risen after 3 days after death is not only Jesus' track, but Julangal, Wawalag (Australian aborigine); Tammaz, Ishtar; Pheonix; Quetzalcoatl; Adonis, Baal, Eshman ; Melqart and about 30 others that I won't bore you with, but you get my point.
Maybe you could get The Big Guy to drop me a line- even a dream would do.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:21 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I wouldn't mind answering this for you Heartsong. I believe the God(we are the God we believe in)we believe in creates the evil in our own world. Some of us blame God for the evil in the world,not understanding it is the God we believe in( the OT is a great example of this).
I don't blame God for the evil in the world. But I do believe he made a choice to subject us to the whims of each other which by default subjects us to the potential for a lot of suffering. I don't believe we are God, as you seem to, but I do believe that the power of the imagination is the cause for much evil. I believe there is a God who could but does not interfere in the affairs of men on a regular basis - especially where there is no prayer or petition to do so. It just might be that we'd be surprised to know how much protection we forego because we do not commit everything to prayer hour by hour. That is a thought that haunts me sometimes because I do not always pray as I ought. In fact, I'm concerned lately that I have grown cold about the things of God because of so much ill will I see in mankind. Hopefully this thread is a wake-up call to me to break up the fallow ground of my cold heart. Jesus - help me!

Old 05-30-2013, 01:32 AM

670 posts, read 814,841 times
Quote:
I get depressed because my beliefs are not typical Christian beliefs, they are so different that marrying an average Christian would be like Interfaith marriage which I do not know if God supports.

I also get depressed because I am so pious, and I want a mate who is equally pious but I feel as if there aren't any people truly dedicated to God any more.

To top those things off, I am Shy, Introverted, and have a fear of meeting new people and a fear of crowds.

No I have never tried Christian mingle, thought about it, but negativity keeps me from ever trying.

Old 05-30-2013, 03:27 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
That is a question I've thought about too - why does God need to allow a certain amount of time for the various eons to pass - a certain number of people to be born and to die and to suffer the futility of mortality. I guess I wonder if he has a particular reason for his choices about those things. Probably, but they might not even be comprehend-able to my mind which is limited in understanding.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity