Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2013, 11:25 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,632,410 times

Advertisements

I believe it is clear that "Mary" as Roman Catholicism portrays with the Scriptures as the Authority of the Faith is an idol.

The Bible is very clear that there is only ONE mediator between God and Man, JESUS God's ANNOINTED ONE. GOD has appointed Him High Priest after the Order of Melchizedek.

Hebrews 7:17
For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

To give this office to another is BLASPHEMY. It is taking away the deserved HONOR the Son was given. It is giving His Glory to another. It is repeating vain prayer over and over again IN CONTRADICTION to the VERY WORDS of JESUS Christ, the founder of the Faith, which tells us NOT to do so.

God wants REAL RELATIONSHIP with us Through Jesus Christ. He is not interested in our foolish religious traditions. He wants a Relationship where we submit to HIM as Lord and Savior of our lives unto Good Works where HE receives the glory.

Mary, Jesus Earthly mother, NEEDED Him as Her Savior. If she was SINLESS, SHE WOULD NOT NEED HIM AS HER A SAVIOR because that is stating that SHE HAS NOT SINNED. This, as well as many other teachings of Roman Catholicism, contradicts Scripture.

Luke 1:46-48
46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

I bet if Mary was alive today and saw how she was venerated in Roman Catholicism she would gasp in horror. It is so sad to see so many deceived into believing a lie.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2013, 11:46 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,531,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I believe it is clear that "Mary" as Roman Catholicism portrays with the Scriptures as the Authority of the Faith is an idol.

The Bible is very clear that there is only ONE mediator between God and Man, JESUS God's ANNOINTED ONE. GOD has appointed Him High Priest after the Order of Melchizedek.

Hebrews 7:17
For he testifieth, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec.

To give this office to another is BLASPHEMY. It is taking away the deserved HONOR the Son was given. It is giving His Glory to another. It is repeating vain prayer over and over again IN CONTRADICTION to the VERY WORDS of JESUS Christ, the founder of the Faith, which tells us NOT to do so.

God wants REAL RELATIONSHIP with us Through Jesus Christ. He is not interested in our foolish religious traditions. He wants a Relationship where we submit to HIM as Lord and Savior of our lives unto Good Works where HE receives the glory.

Mary, Jesus Earthly mother, NEEDED Him as Her Savior. If she was SINLESS, SHE WOULD NOT NEED HIM AS HER A SAVIOR because that is stating that SHE HAS NOT SINNED. This, as well as many other teachings of Roman Catholicism, contradicts Scripture.

Luke 1:46-48
46 And Mary said, My soul doth magnify the Lord,
47 And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.
48 For he hath regarded the low estate of his handmaiden: for, behold, from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.

I bet if Mary was alive today and saw how she was venerated in Roman Catholicism she would gasp in horror. It is so sad to see so many deceived into believing a lie.
Have you ever asked others to pray for you? Have you ever prayed for others?

Old 12-28-2013, 11:54 AM

3,433 posts, read 5,744,732 times
So................it is not logical to believe Mary was a virgin, but it is logical to believe a man got put to death, came back to life, and rose body and soul into heaven ?

( by the way............I am a proud Catholic who believes both )

Old 12-28-2013, 11:56 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,184,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy52 View Post
So................it is not logical to believe Mary was a virgin, but it is logical to believe a man got put to death, came back to life, and rose body and soul into heaven ?

( by the way............I am a proud Catholic who believes both )
Forget "is it logical".....let's ask "Is it Biblical?"

Does the Bible say that she remained a virgin? No...it doesn't. If you disagree, please give me the verse.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:14 PM

3,433 posts, read 5,744,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Forget "is it logical".....let's ask "Is it Biblical?"

Does the Bible say that she remained a virgin? No...it doesn't. If you disagree, please give me the verse.

Strange that Jesus was the only off spring if Joseph was having sexual relations with her.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:23 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,184,745 times
Quote:
Strange that Jesus was the only off spring if Joseph was having sexual relations with her.
There is no text that says he was. To the contrary, we see passages referring to his mother and brothers. James is referred to as the "Lord's Brother".

GO back and re-read this thread, someone posted the verses to look at.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:30 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,632,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
Have you ever asked others to pray for you? Have you ever prayed for others?
In the Old Testament, a High Priest of the Tribe of Levi was selected by God to present the ordained Sacrifice to God both for His sins first, and then for the sins of the People. This was done once a year on Yom Kippor, the day of atonement. ONLY the High Priest ordained of God providing the ordained sacrifice could approach God for the people. The Bible is quite clear that under the New Covenant, that JESUS has been ordained by God as THE High Priest for ALL ETERNITY. The Levitical system has been abolished at the cross as we have now a BETTER High Priest under a New Covenant.

Just as in the Old Testament; however, SINNERS (all of Mankind including Mary) MUST ONLY APPROACH God through the High Priest and Ordained Sacrifice. The Ordained Sacrifice was the Lamb of God who takes away the sins of the World, and the High Priest is Him as well as God has ordained Him as the High Priest and SOLE MEDIATOR between God and Man.

To go to Mary or the Saints to have to get to JESUS to get to God is UNBIBLICAL. It is worshipping "another Jesus". The JESUS revealed in the Bible is one that is inviting ALL OF MAN to come to HIM freely to drink of His sacrifice for them. HE is NOT DISTANT, and DOES NOT require many mediators to come to Him to be heard. All prayers by Believers (the "church" of "priests") are ONLY heard through the blood of Jesus Christ. Through His BLOOD Only can we approach God. The Book of Hebrews clarifies this issue.

Roman Catholicism puts Mary on a pedestal that she would even feel uncomfortable with. As a sinner needing a Saviour in Christ, She as much as any other saved individual would be capable of her office as all are the family of believers. Mary, St. Paul, etc have NO MERIT to stand on as none of us do to act as a Mediary between God and Man. So with Catholic logic, why not set up a statue and pray to Pope ___? Any saved believer should do. Why does Mary get the pedestool? Where in the Bible does it state that we must go through Mary and the Saints to eventually get to Christ? You will not find it, but if you look and are honest, you WILL FIND that the concept of many mediators and the "Mother of God" is a PAGAN practice that God explicitly states that He hates.

Believers in Christ are of the family of priesthood and body of believers. Christ is the Head. And the head of Christ is GOD. This is what the Bible says. I can pray for unbelievers, but my prayer will only be heard by approaching God through His ordained sacrifice. I cannot and should not ask the Catholic Mary to approach Christ with vainful repetitions and expect to be heard. This is idolatry taking the office given to Christ to His earthly Mother. I CANNOT forgive people their sins by people confessing them to me. This is blasphemy and false doctrine. It dishonors God that Man is exalted and His Son is not.

Old 12-28-2013, 12:53 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,495,801 times
Quote:
Jesus Christ was born of Mary a virgin, and The Holy Ghost Of God Our Holy Father.

Jesus Christ did have brothers and sister born of Joseph and Mary,
born after his Jesus Christ's birth.

Mt:13:54: And when he was come into his own country,
he taught them in their synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished,
and said, Whence hath this man this wisdom, and these mighty works?
55: Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary?
and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?
56: And his sisters, are they not all with us?
Whence then hath this man all these things?

Old 12-28-2013, 01:05 PM

6,485 posts, read 12,531,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
There is no text that says he was. To the contrary, we see passages referring to his mother and brothers. James is referred to as the "Lord's Brother".

GO back and re-read this thread, someone posted the verses to look at.
It is equally plausible that James was Jesus' stepbrother - Joseph's son from prior marriage.

Old 12-28-2013, 01:37 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,495,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
It is equally plausible that James was Jesus' stepbrother - Joseph's son from prior marriage.
Nothing in the bible say that ! ! !

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity