Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2017, 10:34 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,072,451 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Sorry bro, it just looks like a ridiculous question to me, that the only homosexuality that is immoral and sinful is when it involves idols or shrines or something?

That would be reaching so extremely, I don't have an answer for you and I doubt anyone does, it is a non issue as far as I am concerned, it is a silly question in my opinion, sorry.

I don't see myself any better than homosexuals because I sin as much as anyone does, but I know what sin is, and I know that I have not reached my potential because of willful sin.

People will always take the bible and try to make it better, or try to make it change, to try and change the law, but the law is not double minded on this issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2017, 10:49 AM

17,164 posts, read 11,439,701 times
Hanni, in what way is two people in a loving, monogamous relationship sinful?

Old 01-03-2017, 11:27 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,898,619 times
Quote:
Sorry bro, it just looks like a ridiculous question to me, that the only homosexuality that is immoral and sinful is when it involves idols or shrines or something?
That is the only sort it is referencing so saying that it is referring to any other sort, such as what we refer to now, is pure assumption.

You see the double standards that are coming in from you now?

Sell all your possessions and give the money to the poor. = that doesn't apply to everyone, only the rich man.

Do not lie with a man as you do a woman (which specifically refers to ritual acts with temple prostitutes) = that applies to everyone.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:31 AM

23,275 posts, read 10,574,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
I don't usually talk about this subject because it always ends up offending somebody, but you are speaking to a person who sees sin everywhere, everything I say and do is sinful and so I am not the best to answer your question. If I even look at another person in lust, I am in sin, and so I ask you,'' How can my natural desires be sin?''

It is sin because I am told that it is sin and I believe it. I am told that just being angry is a sin and this is an everyday thing for me, everyday I am a murderer.

Sexual Immoral imaginations fill my head and I am always in sin and so I can't look at myself any better than anyone else, and even though I acknowledge this, I am still seen as a homophobe if I say something against homosexuals, but I believe in what God says is a sin even though I willfully sin and sacrifice is for people who didn't willfully sin and so I am double sinful. I don't care if somebody is a homosexual, I don't even want to know but I am not going to defy God and what he says is sin, as far as I am concerned, homosexuality is immoral sex defined as sin in the bible and a man isn't even suposed to put on women's clothes and the woman is not to dress as a man.

I am not behind the gay agenda, I don't have a dog in that race and allthough I could care less if they are gay, I am still not behind them in trying to make gay marriage legal, and if it becomes legal everywhere, it will be law and we are to respect the law.But the fact that I was raised around homosexuals has not left me with a very understanding view of homosexuals being that I was so severely, sexually and mentally abused by homosexuals who literally ruined my life to the point of forever damaging me, I got nothing good to say of them.

Besides their being completely obsessed with sex, they would have me get behind their agenda and it is thrown in our face at every turn, even for a gay mayor wanting every preacher in her city to turn over sermons to be approved so that somebody doesn't make the mistake of saying that homosexuality is a sin defined by the law of God. I say it is a sin, and being that I was so damaged by these people, I have no sympathy if Christians wont give in to say it isn't sin.

I have no love for gays, I dont hate them and I don't care if they are gay as long as they keep their distance from me. Every gay person that I have ever known is violent, unreasonable and everyone of them was completely consumed with sex, all they can talk about is sex, every thing they do is motivated by sex and I simply would not trust any of them, but then I am biased in that I have greatly suffered at the hands of homosexuals, so bad that I tried comitting suicide at 5 or 6, so abused mentally and physically that I don't have the words to even begin to tell anyone of the horrors of my childhood, things I have never said and never will say.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:36 AM

I have been abused by straight men, Hanni. I know that it does not make sense to call heterosexuality a sin because of that.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:37 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,968,884 times
Quote:

That would be reaching so extremely, I don't have an answer for you and I doubt anyone does, it is a non issue as far as I am concerned, it is a silly question in my opinion, sorry.

I don't see myself any better than homosexuals because I sin as much as anyone does, but I know what sin is, and I know that I have not reached my potential because of willful sin.

People will always take the bible and try to make it better, or try to make it change, to try and change the law, but the law is not double minded on this issue.
Your stumbling block is contained in your rephrase of the point being made: try, "What is immoral is the profligacy and/or idolatry demonstrated in the specific acts enumerated rather than the acts themselves, just as the immoral heterosexual acts enumerated are. This would explain why heterosexual acts enumerated ARE NOT CONDEMNED in the same way that homosexual acts are."

The question is not ridiculous, what IS ridiculous is how the import is disguised by prejudice.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:46 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,620,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius

I have no love for gays,

Lol. I have no love for christians. I don't hate them. I just don't love them.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:29 PM

I can see that it's important for you to believe that God is against homosexuality, Hanni, and given your experiences, I think it is a form of self-preservation and self-protection for you. Your prejudice is understandable. That doesn't mean it's reasonable, nor that God shares in it, and the fact that you can't show how homosexuality is, in itself, a sin might give you pause to reconsider. But, again, I can understand where it serves a purpose for you. I'm very sorry for what you've been through, friend.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:39 PM

Hannibal, did something I posted give you the impression that I hated you or am against you?

Old 01-03-2017, 12:41 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,529,924 times
Quote:
Quote:
snip--- It is sin because I am told that it is sin and I believe it...
in other words:

Jesus said, “Your word is truth” (John 17:17)
Jesus said, “The Scripture cannot be broken” (John 10:35)
Jesus said, (quoting Genesis 1:4 scripture)
" ‘For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh’? (Matthew 19:5)
God’s word that spells out that sexual relations are for men and women in marriage (Hebrews 13:4)

Jesus said that marriage is defined by God (Matthew 19:5)
God's Word commands that marriage:
"be honored by all, and the marriage bed kept pure, for God will judge the adulterer and all the sexually immoral." (Hebrews 13:4)
Quote:
I have been abused by straight men, Hanni. I know that it does not make sense to call heterosexuality a sin because of that.
Jesus said all of God’s word is truth.
The NT is no less God's Word.

Last edited by twin.spin; 01-03-2017 at 12:50 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity