Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2017, 10:50 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
He was talking to me.
Possibly, dearheart, but who's going to insult YOU? Do you think he would acknowledge that the "Here we go again" post was an insult in response to an explanation he just doesn't like and won't answer with any more honesty than the original accusation of being two-faced??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 11:07 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,047,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
You are very trusting.
I trust the Holy Spirit, we all do...but, not men...meaning often the copying and copying of verses...tinges of personal interpretations in there.
I think you believe there is none, that it comes straight from the Holy Spirit...oh, if only...

I'm thinking it is time for those that think it is all God breathed and those that think it is not...should take a break and relax and find the common ground they do have.
Because there is a lot of love for God on this forum and thread.

And how many times have I said on here that even the inappropriate word picks the translator's made, were no match for the pattern He gave us (the Tabernacle), the creation witness, nor the precepts (principles) "hidden" in plain sight? Every word is confirmed out the "mouth" of two or three witnesses. Well, according to the law of witness, which cannot be broken any more than any other law He set into effect, where are your two witnesses? If you tell me His Spirit, then WHAT is His Spirit witnessing? A handful of cherry picked scriptures?

In other words, I've never claimed every word was an accurate translation, PARTICULARLY where the Greek is involved, because for one thing, there are no Greek words that accurately communicate some things that are said, from Hebrew (the original language of all of it) into Greek. But no one listened to THAT, they just lumped me in the "evil fundy" camp from the get go (showing marvelous agape love I must say), and continued to do so ever since.

Do I have a problem with that? Not really; from what I seen of the "evil fundy" camp they have a far better grip on what is truth, than the non "evil fundy" camp, who decided at the first showing of a simple word error (which is like they had 3 choices and they chose the wrong one = not EXACT, but darn close and close enough to figure out what was meant, from the Hebrew word most like it), OMG, we MUST throw out the whole book, it's ALL clearly wrong (fainting couch borrowed from RK here ).

Well, it's not wrong. He has literally woven a tapestry with it, there is literally like one red thread of salvation that runs from Genesis to Revelation in every book, where if you know what you're looking for you can find that PRECEPT or principle hidden in plain sight. And there is a blue thread of His Spirit and power running through there, and a gold thread of His divinity and holiness doing the same, and and many white threads of His righteousness, and beautiful jewels of gifts lit up with the fruits of the Spirit from inside..........and look out, before you know it, you've got the garments of the High Priest woven with an ephod for the High Priest He is trying to be in all of you, to wear, because after the two days (2000 years) of Pentecost comes Tabernacles and the Day of Atonement you all like to crow about. Time for a change of garments, people!

But many of you will never know Him like that, because you refused to have the garments tailor made for HIM IN you. So I'll just keep on posting my revealed precepts from the Word you have delegated to the trash bin, for the ones that CAN see and hear (which are many more than just the ones who post), because they loved Him enough to lay down their lives (including THEIR thoughts) for Him.

I wonder: do any of you REALLY understand that He is FORMED in us (Galatians), by the action of the level/Word and the plumbline/Spirit, unto a PERFECT (means complete) man? Unless the Lord build the house, they labor in vain.

Don't get mad at me, you DID question me, and my friends will tell you don't ever ask me a question no matter what it is, unless you really want to know the truth, because I don't see one shade of gray, much less 50. And yes, PEACE to YOU (my prayer for you IS that you have HIS peace).

Old 08-31-2017, 11:10 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no account of wrongs. 6Love takes no pleasure in evil, but rejoices in the truth. 7It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

Lessee, should "does not take umbrage at contradiction of beliefs?"

Old 08-31-2017, 11:38 AM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
So where did it start? You continually draw a line that we have not drawn and accuse us of attacking the Bible, when what is being pointed out is that your perception of the Bible is what is wrong; that it IS a useful tool for the Spirit when interpreted BY the Spirit.

You just fall back on basesless accusations rather than justify your perceptions whan it is pointed out that interpretations of the Bible vary WIDELY among those who claim it as authority. You seem to think that YOUR interpretation is correct with NO more basis for thinking so that many others who differ.

Stop and consider whether the basic perception is the one in error and think what it would be like if everyone considered how any particular idea reflects the love of God.
Well stated! The problem is they THINK they are defending God's word, but they are defending THEIR interpretation of words "written in ink" without testing their spirit against what God has "written in our hearts."

Old 08-31-2017, 12:07 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
No, pointing out that firey darts from the wicked one are being cast, is not the same as claiming they HIT. In fact, when the water (Spirit) is deep enough, they're just extinguished, because there is no flesh/earth there TO hit. Principle of "sounding" for depth of water, in case anyone's interested. The closer to shore/earth/flesh, the shallower the water. Peace
You would do well to learn to speak in ways that folk can identify with. Is this how you converse with folk in real life ?. Being mystical is one thing and i am fully accepting that the scriptures are mystical, but this speech of yours takes the biscuit, it is nothing more than a clanging symbal.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:09 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,448,119 times
No. I'm not one of the born again. I did most things right the first time.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
I have been. I got over it. I learned to pay attention to what made me angry.
Exactly, reacting never solved anything. Jesus was a man of action not reaction.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:23 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,047,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
You would do well to learn to speak in ways that folk can identify with. Is this how you converse with folk in real life ?. Being mystical is one thing and i am fully accepting that the scriptures are mystical, but this speech of yours takes the biscuit, it is nothing more than a clanging symbal.

To YOU, maybe, whose ears have turned to brass. Peace

Old 08-31-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
To YOU, maybe, whose ears have turned to brass. Peace
Actually i understand fully what you are saying, even so it does not make it spiritual.

Old 08-31-2017, 02:13 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,369,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Actually i understand fully what you are saying, even so it does not make it spiritual.
It comes from her carnal mind, nothing really spiritual about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity