Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2019, 01:55 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmom2 View Post
I don't know who made up "love the sinner, hate the sin" doctrine, but no part of that is the gospel. It's actually anti-gospel. We are to love one another. not dividing one another into categories. The disciples were curious as to who the "one another" actually meant, and Jesus was clear that it means everyone, even those whom religious types deem "unclean." The 'hate the sin' part was never linked in any way as some sort of qualifier indicating how we are supposed to love.

Old 07-31-2019, 02:16 PM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Homosexuality is a behavior, it is not an identity. Those that have fallen into a homosexual lifestyle are believing a lie... they have followed the wrong spirit. They are overtaken with a lust spirit and are opened to all spirits because they did not follow the truth. You are what you believe. Those who follow the homosexual spirit have chosen to believe the lie. Many will be given over to a reprobate mind for putting their flesh before their maker.
To believe this, you have to believe that your heterosexual behavior is NOT driven by lust, which is preposterous. The lust satisfies our animal nature in both cases. What is different in a true relationship is the love that is brought to it and that is entirely spiritual - one soul to another. It is that love that is of concern to God NOT the animal behavior. As long as that love is there, God would have no problems with it. Remember this and you will not go wrong. Everything you do out of love and concern for the well-being of everyone involved can NEVER be a sin.

Old 07-31-2019, 02:21 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,607,593 times
Quote:
I pity the gays... they are being surrounded by other gays as if they were born that way.. they were not. It is a sexual act only. Yes, they become entangled into emotional relationships .. fact is. a man can love a man but when it crosses the line into the sex act it is a lust spirit they follow.

When they accept themselves as gay they gave themselves over to a lie. God still loves them.. but they are lost and God himself said they are stubborn and will defend their sin as if it is not a sin.
Yep, just as I thought. You are too far gone for rationality.

People are born gay, just as they are born straight or bi. Just because you aren't smart enough to understand that, doesn't make it less true. But go ahead, keep telling gay people everywhere that you know more about them than they know about themselves. It just shows how ignorant you and other fundies are.

Edit: Oh, and by the way, do not pity us. We are who we are, and don't want your pity. In fact, I pity you. To be as ignorant to life, compassion, and love as you are, you must have had one terribly brainwashed childhood, or have totally let your hate for gay people get the better of you. It is quite sad to see someone foaming at the mouth about how terrible gay people are. Especially when there are many you share a pew with who are worse.

Old 07-31-2019, 02:29 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
Love the sinner, hate the sin.. Homosexuality is a sin. It is unnatural. Adultery is a sin. Promiscuity is a sin. Yet God loves the sinner, and hates the sin..

Homosexuality is a behavior, it is not an identity. Those that have fallen into a homosexual lifestyle are believing a lie... they have followed the wrong spirit. They are overtaken with a lust spirit and are opened to all spirits because they did not follow the truth. You are what you believe. Those who follow the homosexual spirit have chosen to believe the lie. Many will be given over to a reprobate mind for putting their flesh before their maker.
right....

love the person. Just hate who they are. Amen

Old 07-31-2019, 02:30 PM

8,057 posts, read 12,867,128 times
Quote:
Love the sinner, hate the sin.. Homosexuality is a sin. It is unnatural. Adultery is a sin. Promiscuity is a sin. Yet God loves the sinner, and hates the sin..

This line.... who has it helped? Who do you know that heard this line and repented of homosexuality and walked away from it? Please, give me a personal experience where you know someone that was brought to a place where the walked away from homosexuality because a Christian used this line... either a non-Christian gay or a gay person raised in the church.

You use this line to make yourself follow the party line of the evangelical church. You do not use this line out of love for someone dealing with something you do not understand. Neither have you walked alongside someone that was raised in a Christian environment and who does not want these desires but has no other way to deal with them because they are hard wired into his/her system.

Please stop using this phrase Christians. There is NO LOVE in this statement. For the sinner or the sin.

Old 07-31-2019, 02:31 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
right....

love the person. Just hate who they are. Amen
It's impossible to do so. Just reading the posts of those whose favorite pastime is to hate sin proves it is.

Old 07-31-2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
This line.... who has it helped? Who do you know that heard this line and repented of homosexuality and walked away from it? Please, give me a personal experience where you know someone that was brought to a place where the walked away from homosexuality because a Christian used this line... either a non-Christian gay or a gay person raised in the church.

You use this line to make yourself follow the party line of the evangelical church. You do not use this line out of love for someone dealing with something you do not understand. Neither have you walked alongside someone that was raised in a Christian environment and who does not want these desires but has no other way to deal with them because they are hard wired into his/her system.

Please stop using this phrase Christians. There is NO LOVE in this statement. For the sinner or the sin.
Exactly... You can say "Hate the sin, not the sinner" all you want, and you could actually mean it and follow it. However, that doesn't change what the "sinner" thinks about it, does it? If someone is saying they "hate" the "sin of homosexuality", and you are gay, how are you supposed to distinguish that, from hating you? Taratova says that being gay isn't an identity, but that simply isn't true in reality. It may not be their WHOLE identity, but it is certainly a large part of it, just as being hetero is a large part of a straight persons identity.

Fact is, people use this phrase to make themselves sound better. Nothing more, nothing less. That way, they can hate on gay people all day long, and claim they are only hating homosexual behavior. But let me ask you Saintmarks, is that what it feels like for the people that are throwing hatred at? I think not, and I suspect you would agree with that, since you aren't that kind of person. When gay people hear so much hate, sometimes on a daily/weekly basis, the intent of the person spouting the hate is quite irrelevant.

Old 07-31-2019, 02:50 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
I'm wondering if you believe it.... If you did, why would you take the stance you do here regarding LGBTQ people? You are no better before God than any of them... pre or post conversion.
I've repeatedly said that I'm no better than anyone else, regardless of the acronym or letters used. Honestly..I really don't get where you come off saying that.

Old 07-31-2019, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I've repeatedly said that I'm no better than anyone else, regardless of the acronym or letters used. Honestly..I really don't get where you come off saying that.
Yet you continuously say otherwise with your words... You clearly think you, and other hetero Christians are better (and should be able to show everyone just how much better, by putting up your monuments everywhere and refusing to serve gay people), so you are being dishonest. Your own words betray you.

Old 07-31-2019, 02:56 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,027,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Yet you continuously claim otherwise with your words... You clearly think you, and other hetero Christians are better (and should be able to show everyone just how much better, by putting up your monuments everywhere and refusing to serve gay people), so you are being dishonest.
Please show me ONE (1) post that I've ever made that shows a perceived superiority to any gay person. I challenge you to do that. Please put up or shut up. Please stop representing me.

This is the mental gap that exists. It's hard to understand how one can possibly fail to understand that we don't consider ourselves better when we say that we are also sinners.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity