Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2021, 06:05 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Look at your own experience BF and then you just might be able to comprehend what we are saying.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
So, you are saying that you do not want to be in God's presence throughout eternity.

Therefore God casting you away from His presence (into hell or the lake of fire) will merely be *giving you what you want*.
now how in the world did you get that out of what I said? Talk about reading something into what was written, but I should not be surprised as you do the same thing with scripture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2021, 07:51 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Mystic, the scripture plainly says that Hell was created for Satan and his angels.
Just as plainly as that is written you deny it exists.
Are we to take you serious with all your denials of scripture?
Maybe you can show us that hell is not a literal place, I would like to see that!
But to say it doesn't exist is just another one of your backhands in the face of God!
I realize that you take all my corrections of your interpretations of scripture as a backhand to the face of God, but they are only corrections to your human misunderstanding. You are not God and neither were our ancestors. If the Kingdom of God is within us, where do you think anything else is??

Old 08-25-2021, 10:48 AM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
now how in the world did you get that out of what I said? Talk about reading something into what was written, but I should not be surprised as you do the same thing with scripture.
Quite a thing to say coming from JBF who has chosen hell for himself.

Hell is just the.outer court of Gentiles where people are still saved, it's just in the outer court. The people in the outer court dont recieve reward, and the reward is an immortal body full of power.

Jbf willingly chooses the outer court of darkness that Jesus explains. He tells us.plainly who the least in the kingdom are, but at least they are saved.

Old 08-25-2021, 12:45 PM

2,029 posts, read 1,366,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Zero, how much of how your physical body works and what it needs to survive is the result of YOUR Will??? Where does this burden on God come from that how His "body and consciousness" works and what it needs to survive is the result of His Will??? Arrogant humans demand a lot of their God. Thankfully, the cells and biota that comprise us do not make the same demands of us.
I need to clarify what I wrote I guess. Forget the physical and the body. Your born 5,000 years ago into nothing but hardship. Average life span 20-30 years maybe, war and disease is the way of life. You kill for food, people around you killed as well. I am saying these warlike people were incapable of resolving their border issues, all issues really, peacefully. Did God command the Israelis to take land or not? Through the sword was the only way. Doesn't make God barbaric, only us. But He knows our limits and at that time of our development, peace really wasn't an option. God told Moses that man could write a letter of divorce to his wife if he wanted but doesn't that contradict let no man separate what God has joined together? He won't impose anything on us either, ever. That is why the barbarism of the OT is misunderstood. Doesn't the OT just point to the NT, the new covenant over and over?

Old 08-25-2021, 01:16 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I realize that you take all my corrections of your interpretations of scripture as a backhand to the face of God, but they are only corrections to your human misunderstanding. You are not God and neither were our ancestors. If the Kingdom of God is within us, where do you think anything else is??
Yes, the believer has the Kingdom ruling in his heart and life, Jesus is that Kingdom that rules in man by the power of the Spirit.

The question is, Mystic, who among us is the Kingdom found?

Who among us have followed the Instruction Book and who has not?

Old 08-25-2021, 01:53 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Yes, the believer has the Kingdom ruling in his heart and life, Jesus is that Kingdom that rules in man by the power of the Spirit.
The question is, Mystic, who among us is the Kingdom found?
Who among us have followed the Instruction Book and who has not?
That is your huge mistake, Charlie, following the instruction Book without following the teacher to make sure you understand the correct instructions. Our teacher is Jesus Christ and His Holy Spirit of agape love abides with us within our consciousness. You absolutely refuse to have Him tell you what is in the instruction book and what is the result of human ignorance.

Old 08-25-2021, 03:17 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Quite a thing to say coming from JBF who has chosen hell for himself.

Hell is just the.outer court of Gentiles where people are still saved, it's just in the outer court. The people in the outer court dont recieve reward, and the reward is an immortal body full of power.

Jbf willingly chooses the outer court of darkness that Jesus explains. He tells us.plainly who the least in the kingdom are, but at least they are saved.
According to your doctrine (correct me if I'm wrong) a person is in the outer court simply for being a Gentile; and therefore has no choice in the matter.

Old 08-26-2021, 12:52 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I can tell you that there was a time that I thought praising God for eternity would be the LAST thing I'd want to do. I did not like God. So please explain how it is that you believe a person that hates God will want to be in his presence for eternity?
Quote:
Look at your own experience BF and then you just might be able to comprehend what we are saying.
Quote:
So, you are saying that you do not want to be in God's presence throughout eternity.

Therefore God casting you away from His presence (into hell or the lake of fire) will merely be *giving you what you want*.
Quote:
Follow the conversation which I have given the details to, above.

You told BF to look at his own experience (from my understanding, as an unbeliever); which is that, as an unbeliever, he did not want to be in God's presence throughout eternity.

You told him to look at his own experience in order to be able to determine and to comprehend what you are saying; when he asked you this:

Quote:
So please explain how it is that you believe a person that hates God will want to be in his presence for eternity?
Did I make the wrong conclusion?

Last edited by justbyfaith; 08-26-2021 at 01:53 AM..

Old 08-26-2021, 02:16 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:

You told BF to look at his own experience (from my understanding, as an unbeliever); which is that, as an unbeliever, he did not want to be in God's presence throughout eternity.

You told him to look at his own experience in order to be able to determine and to comprehend what you are saying; when he asked you this:

Your comprehension skills are in the toilet, but you did once say that is where you see your reflection.

Old 08-26-2021, 05:37 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Your comprehension skills are in the toilet, but you did once say that is where you see your reflection.
Ya he misunderstood the whole conversation, maybe BF will explain it to him because I believe even if BF does not agree with what I said he at least understood it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity