Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2021, 02:57 PM

88,620 posts, read 84,875,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Ahhh! the loving Jesus, not the sin condemning Jesus! Why can't you accept both, why only the loving Jesus?
Because constantly reminding someone of their flaws is not love.

Old 09-01-2021, 03:11 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
You should tell Jesus that! Looks to me He's still standing by His words, despite many trying to change them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2021, 03:20 PM

Quote:
You should tell Jesus that! Looks to me He's still standing by His words, despite many trying to change them!
I did!

Figured since he made it plain he doesn't much like me anyway, what difference would it make? At least I was honest!

Old 09-01-2021, 03:29 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
People justify themselves with providing history lessons, usually in opposition without forgiveness.
It's called the blame game, while exalting oneself over that of the other.

Old 09-01-2021, 03:36 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
I did!

Figured since he made it plain he doesn't much like me anyway, what difference would it make? At least I was honest!
"For God so loved the world that He gave"........... that includes you, Mq!

The scripture plainly tells us, "He loved us while we were yet sinners."

It's not you He hates, but I don't have to tell you what He hates, you already know.

Old 09-01-2021, 03:41 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:

It's not you He hates, but I don't have to tell you what He hates, you already know.
How often do you tell your spouse or a friend, what it is that you hate about them?

Last edited by Jerwade; 09-01-2021 at 04:06 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 09-01-2021, 03:44 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
LOL, of course you didn't say that, but it comes through in your posts. You think very highly of yourself and very low of others.

But you, see, justbyfaith, that is the very thing that makes some people reject your version of Christianity and seek a more loving Christian community that you call wrong.
I actually do not think very highly of myself.

I do think highly of the word of God; and I do know that I have taken the time to study it so that I do not need to be ashamed when I relate the doctrines of holy scripture because I am rightly dividing the word of truth.

At least, I have made it my prayer that I might be able to do so.

Old 09-01-2021, 03:51 PM

Quote:

About me? Actually, no I don't know what it is God hates about me. I have always wondered. I've even asked. No answer.

Old 09-01-2021, 03:51 PM

Quote:
If you are in Christ, the Father does not see your sin; He looks down from heaven and sees the righteousness and blood of Jesus when He looks at you.

The Holy Ghost, on the other hand, it is His job to sanctify you. And He is only able to cleanse you of your sin when you confess your sins (1 John 1:9). So, He does His job of sanctifying you by pinpointing your sin and by exposing it to the light.

If you walk in the light as He is in the light, you have fellowship with other believers and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth you from all sin (1 John 1:7).

But regardless of sin in your life, if you believe in Christ, you are accepted in the Beloved (Ephesians 1:6).

God loves you enough to accept you as you are; but He loves you too much to leave you that way.

So, He offers you sanctification through walking in the light.

It is written,

Jhn 3:19, And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
Jhn 3:20, For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
Jhn 3:21, But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

Old 09-01-2021, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
How often to you tell your spouse or a friend, what it is that you hate about them?
You might be surprised at how often that actually happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity