Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2021, 02:06 PM

28,099 posts, read 29,986,691 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
It’s because the ones who do not like to be confrontational back down when there is an environmental of conflict

It takes 2 and where there is the one for eternal torment/judgement against those who oppose it battling it out, other people step back
Too soon to rep, but that's exactly what I think. People who can discuss things civilly are few and far-between on this forum. That's why I have to just take a deep breath sometimes and tell myself that it's not going to do anybody any good if I say what's on my mind.

It's too bad we can't have just one thread where no name-calling or insults are allowed. The mods do a pretty good job of taking care of the very worst offenders, they'd have to be editing 90% of the posts on here to make the forum what a few of us would like it to be.

And by the way, I am NOT saying we all have to agree with each other. Heck, if everybody had to agree with my perspective, I'd be the only one posting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2021, 02:36 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,707,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Too soon to rep, but that's exactly what I think. People who can discuss things civilly are few and far-between on this forum. That's why I have to just take a deep breath sometimes and tell myself that it's not going to do anybody any good if I say what's on my mind.

It's too bad we can't have just one thread where no name-calling or insults are allowed. The mods do a pretty good job of taking care of the very worst offenders, they'd have to be editing 90% of the posts on here to make the forum what a few of us would like it to be.

And by the way, I am NOT saying we all have to agree with each other. Heck, if everybody had to agree with my perspective, I'd be the only one posting.
The discussion from a theological point of view needs to be had though, but there needs to be a balance between them and also expansion

Those 2 concepts are totally opposed to each other as they leave out the middle bit of the processes and purposes and try to bring them together in the wrong way

What I mean is you can not compare directly the unlimited ie timeless, spaceless, (divine) with the limited of time, space (Profane)

It is illogical and leaves out the different levels, administrations, regions, etc that are referred to in Scripture

This is why I do not like to get involved in the direct confrontation between the standard UR and standard ET viewpoints, as the views themselves are too condensed and do not allow for the middle bits of development and purpose, you end up with lopsided views/perspectives/beliefs/opinions and the confusion of personal/public/organisational, prophetic/historic, etc

Last edited by Meerkat2; 09-02-2021 at 03:38 PM..

Old 09-02-2021, 03:32 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Glad to see you agree that true love is that he gave up his life for us. That, as Paul said "WHile we were yet sinners, Christ died for us" (Rom 5:8).....as a penal substitutionary atonement.

That is what comprises agape love and forgiveness as revealed by Jesus.
There is no such thing as penal substitution, but there is achievement substitution because Jesus AS GOD has PERFECT agape love and forgiveness and no wrath or vengeance in Him as revealed on the Cross.
Quote:
Right. So when you call people barbarians, primitive, and all sorts of things, you're just oozing that, huh?
You are the original pot/kettle. I call beliefs about God and Jesus barbaric, primitive and all sorts of things, NOT people. Besides, I am not Jesus nor do I profess to be remotely like Him, but I try. You seem to spend your time here trying to disparage me as a person rather than actually think about my understanding of Christ and Christianity without all the OT wrath and vengeance that Jesus came to correct and unambiguously demonstrate to our ancestors.

Old 09-03-2021, 01:16 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
What you are missing JBF is that it is in the flames of Gehenna that the sin nature is dealt with.
Why then, are the people who are outside of the city, in Revelation 22:15, still dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, etc.?

Is it not clear to you that these are the same people who were cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 21:8)?

Old 09-03-2021, 01:21 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Mystic, you are a heretic.

This is your second admonition; so I believe that the scriptures tell me to be done with you (Titus 3:10-11).

Old 09-03-2021, 06:47 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
Try one in context, properly applied.
Quote:
I did, it is JBF and charlie that are trying to take it out of context, maybe you can go to that thread and help them out.
Quote:
Here is the link, they need lots of help so stop by and see if you can help them.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/chri...-wrath-41.html
Quote:
I asked for in context and properly applied.
Quote:
lol show me where I took it out of context. good luck
I guess BF is no help to you here either charlie, he say I am out of context yet fails to show how I am. I guess it is true saying "out of context" is the fail-safe when one has no answer to what another has presented.

Old 09-03-2021, 06:55 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Why then, are the people who are outside of the city, in Revelation 22:15, still dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, etc.?

Is it not clear to you that these are the same people who were cast into the lake of fire (Revelation 21:8)?
because they are still outside the gate, the sin nature has not fully been dealt with, but once the learn to keep His commandments they have a right to enter in through the gates a partake of the water of life freely.

Old 09-03-2021, 09:59 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Again with the lies about me! I use God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed BY JESUS CHRIST on the Cross!!! It absolutely refutes and makes impossible your belief in the wrath and vengeance of God in the vile concept of eternal Hell and damnation!!! Another lie!! I have exalted JESUS CHRIST above scripture as being the divine authority by making His Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness the standard of truth about God. You deliberately and dangerously deny and reject it in favor of our ancestors' belief in the wrath of God from reading the OT and Moses! That ONLY applies while we're alive on earth. Once we die, all bets are off! You answered your own question in the preceding. We have Dominion and free will on earth so we can develop and mature our spirits by overcoming and enduring the trials and tribulations of this life to be "born again" as Spirits upon our death. That is true while we are alive on earth because God wants us to independently choose to be righteous because WE WANT TO BE, not because of fear of punishment. Your imposition of our imperfect punitive human concept of justice on the Divine Justice of God is not the Spirit of Truth!!! God's Divine Justice is perfect and will balance the scales for ALL involved, perpetrators and victims alike, which is something our imperfect punitive human justice can NEVER do!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Mystic, you are a heretic.
This is your second admonition; so I believe that the scriptures tell me to be done with you (Titus 3:10-11).
Heresy is our ancestors' ignorant refusal to actually look at the "carnal milk" they believed was inspired by the Holy Spirit of God in search of any "spiritual solid food" within it. They rejected any new knowledge and insights and refused to seek a more spiritual understanding using God's ACTUAL Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as unambiguously revealed and demonstrated by Jesus Christ on the Cross!

You are an accuser of the brethren, JBF. That should worry you but it does not seem to. Peace in God's love, brother.

Old 09-03-2021, 10:16 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Heresy is our ancestors' ignorant refusal to actually look at the "carnal milk" they believed was inspired by the Holy Spirit of God in search of any "spiritual solid food" within it. They rejected any new knowledge and insights and refused to seek a more spiritual understanding using God's ACTUAL Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as unambiguously revealed and demonstrated by Jesus Christ on the Cross!

You are an accuser of the brethren, JBF. That should worry you but it does not seem to. Peace in God's love, brother.
It really is a shame that you are just completely unteachable. Honestly.

Old 09-03-2021, 10:27 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
It really is a shame that you are just completely unteachable. Honestly.
The same could be said about you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity