Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2021, 09:33 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Sure sounds as if you do. Why on earth would you say such a thing to a person otherwise? Please don't insult our intelligence by claiming it's some sort of form of "Christian love". It was a flat-out nasty thing to say and quite obvious meant that way.
If I can jump in here...you seem like you're assigning motive. What it sounds like doesn't necessarily mean that the motive was there.
Quote:
Maybe God doesn't like nasty, unkind people and would toss YOU headlong into a lake of fire. Ever think of that?
That is certainly possible. I honestly don't know JBF and his/her faith.

But you shouldn't sound so gleeful about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2021, 01:52 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,846,500 times
Quote:
Sure sounds as if you do. Why on earth would you say such a thing to a person otherwise? Please don't insult our intelligence by claiming it's some sort of form of "Christian love". It was a flat-out nasty thing to say and quite obvious meant that way.

Maybe God doesn't like nasty, unkind people and would toss YOU headlong into a lake of fire. Ever think of that?
I merely made the statement in order to point out that the wrath of God is not impotent.

The man was challenging God to prove to him that His wrath is not impotent.

How do you think God will respond to such a thing as that?

Now, I know that many of you think that God cannot justly cast anyone into hell;

And that such a concept lends to the idea that God's wrath is impotent.

And of course the person in question has the option of believing in Christ and what He did for him...thus he would be saved from the wrath of God.

Which would certainly not bring me to the conclusion that God's wrath is impotent;

Because there are those who will be recipients of His wrath and therefore His wrath will be powerful against them.

Rom 9:22, What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

Old 09-01-2021, 02:19 PM

88,617 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
If I can jump in here...you seem like you're assigning motive. What it sounds like doesn't necessarily mean that the motive was there.

That is certainly possible. I honestly don't know JBF and his/her faith.

But you shouldn't sound so gleeful about it.
Well, that's exactly what I said to JBF, isn't it? But I'm not the one puffed up and presenting myself as The Biggest Christian here. He is.

Old 09-01-2021, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I merely made the statement in order to point out that the wrath of God is not impotent.

The man was challenging God to prove to him that His wrath is not impotent.

How do you think God will respond to such a thing as that?

Now, I know that many of you think that God cannot justly cast anyone into hell;

And of course the person in question has the option of believing in Christ and what He did for him...thus he would be saved from the wrath of God.

Which would certainly not bring me to the conclusion that God's wrath is impotent;

Because there are those who will be recipients of His wrath and therefore His wrath will be powerful against them.

Rom 9:22, What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
I don't believe "God's wrath is impotent" because I don't believe God is as wrathful as you do.

I grew up with the mean, spiteful, trickster God that you so adore, and I rejected that God for the one who is supposed to be Love.

Old 09-01-2021, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Well, that's exactly what I said to JBF, isn't it? But I'm not the one puffed up and presenting myself as The Biggest Christian here. He is.
I have never said that I am the biggest Christian here.

But if that is what you think, then I accept the compliment.

Old 09-01-2021, 02:26 PM

Quote:
I don't believe "God's wrath is impotent" because I don't believe God is as wrathful as you do.

I grew up with the mean, spiteful, trickster God that you so adore, and I rejected that God for the one who is supposed to be Love.
My God IS love.

Consider what He says here...

Eze 33:11, Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Old 09-01-2021, 02:31 PM

Quote:

LOL, of course you didn't say that, but it comes through in your posts. You think very highly of yourself and very low of others.

But you, see, justbyfaith, that is the very thing that makes some people reject your version of Christianity and seek a more loving Christian community that you call wrong.

Old 09-01-2021, 02:32 PM

Quote:
My God IS love.

Consider what He says here...

Eze 33:11, Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
What the heck does that have to do with anything I said? I'm not talking about wicked and sinful people.

Old 09-01-2021, 02:46 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:

There is no such thing as the HELL and DAMNATION that you constantly preach, that was adopted by Christianism ages ago in order to reconcile all the various beliefs of that day into a single or amalgamated religion to solidity their control over the people.

Quote:

I believe you are at the top of the list for the most ignorant so far or the runner up, seeking whom he can devour.

Old 09-01-2021, 02:50 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,323,729 times
Quote:
LOL, of course you didn't say that, but it comes through in your posts. You think very highly of yourself and very low of others.

But you, see, justbyfaith, that is the very thing that makes some people reject your version of Christianity and seek a more loving Christian community that you call wrong.
Ahhh! the loving Jesus, not the sin condemning Jesus! Why can't you accept both, why only the loving Jesus?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity