Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2021, 09:13 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
It was an honest statement. If you believe that God will save all and grant them all eternity in Heaven...

Why do you believe all people want that? I honestly remember as a young boy thinking Heaven must be incredibly boring. Why would anyone that loves their sin find praising God to be fun?
Are you going to spend an eternity on your knees in prayer and worship, praising your God?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2021, 09:28 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
I've just always considered it strange that people that hate God would WANT to worship him for eternity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
you been around for awhile now BF and you know that we are not saying that, but you can't seem to help yourself you just have to misrepresent what we believe. That is akin to baring false witness.
Quote:
It was an honest statement. If you believe that God will save all and grant them all eternity in Heaven...

Why do you believe all people want that? I honestly remember as a young boy thinking Heaven must be incredibly boring. Why would anyone that loves their sin find praising God to be fun?
How many time does it need to be explain to you that every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father?

How many time have you seen this explained to you?

Heck BF you did not even want to be saved until He took a hold of you and shook you out of your sleep.

Old 08-22-2021, 08:20 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Is that why you haven't answered the questions that were asked?
There aren't any questions that have been asked, that haven't been answered by me...

At least, not that I am aware of.

Because I really don't read every post that is posted in some threads (see Proverbs 19:27)...

While, if a question is addressed to me point blank, I will always attempt to answer it.

Old 08-23-2021, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Is that why you haven't answered the questions that were asked?
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
There aren't any questions that have been asked, that haven't been answered by me...

At least, not that I am aware of.

Because I really don't read every post that is posted in some threads (see Proverbs 19:27)...

While, if a question is addressed to me point blank, I will always attempt to answer it.
Here are the questions:

1) How can killing the innocent and letting the guilty go free be considered a just payment?
2) How does punishing the innocent in place of the guilty display perfect justice?
3) How does retributive violence demonstrate perfect holiness?

How exactly does it happen that normal human beings, all endowed with that of a conscience, having an awareness of individual responsibility for their judgments and choices; manage to justify in their own eyes the most inhumane atrocities, and acts of self-righteousness without running into intolerable cognitive dissonance within their own supreme values?

Please, answer in the order given.

Old 08-23-2021, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Here are the questions:

1) How can killing the innocent and letting the guilty go free be considered a just payment?
2) How does punishing the innocent in place of the guilty display perfect justice?

How exactly does it happen that normal human beings, all endowed with that of a conscience, having an awareness of individual responsibility for their judgments and choices; manage to justify in their own eyes the most inhumane atrocities, and acts of self-righteousness without running into intolerable cognitive dissonance within their own supreme values?

1) In that Jesus was innocent; and was killed to let the guilty go free, and in that this was a just payment.

2) In that Jesus was innocent and took the punishment of the guilty, and this displayed perfect justice.

3) In that Jesus is God and took the retributive violence upon Himself in order that we might not have to receive our punishment for subjective wrongdoings; and, in that retributive violence is a form of justice.

I'm not sure I understand the last question (the one that wasn't numbered), would you please rephrase it using different words?

Old 08-23-2021, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Here are the questions:

Quote:
1) In that Jesus was innocent; and was killed to let the guilty go free, and in that this was a just payment.

2) In that Jesus was innocent and took the punishment of the guilty, and this displayed perfect justice.

3) In that Jesus is God and took the retributive violence upon Himself in order that we might not have to receive our punishment for subjective wrongdoings; and, in that retributive violence is a form of justice.

I'm not sure I understand the last question (the one that wasn't numbered), would you please rephrase it using different words?
If you can't answer the first three questions, then you won't be able to answer the unnumbered question regarding dehumanization. And, whether you believe it or not, your answers are not answers, they're merely mechanical (rote) statements - if that?

Old 08-23-2021, 04:57 PM

Quote:
If you can't answer the first three questions, then you won't be able to answer the unnumbered question regarding dehumanization. And, whether you believe it or not, your answers are not answers, they're merely mechanical (rote) statements - if that?
No, I don't believe that they are not answers; while I do believe that you do not accept them as answers.

I guess the only thing that I can do is pray for you.

Old 08-23-2021, 05:14 PM

Quote:
No, I don't believe that they are not answers; while I do believe that you do not accept them as answers.

I guess the only thing that I can do is pray for you.
Read the questions, again, then read your answers. They are not answers, and I am not saying that to be insulting. Again, your answers are mechanical or rote responses, and don't directly answer the questions. However, I will accept them for what they are - vague and indirect responses that don't really answer the questions.

Old 08-23-2021, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Read the questions, again, then read your answers. They are not answers, and I am not saying that to be insulting. Again, your answers are mechanical or rote responses, and don't directly answer the questions. However, I will accept them for what they are - vague and indirect responses that don't really answer the questions.
No, they are answers, they are just not answers that you accept.

Old 08-23-2021, 06:17 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
No, they are answers, they are just not answers that you accept.
Answers EXPLAIN the principle involved, JBF. Yours do not. they merely assert that it is true (because you say so and believe it). Those are not answers, they are ignorant doctrinal platitudes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity