Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2021, 03:58 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,318,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Magical or self-delusion?
The man is telling you of the righteousness imputed through the blood of Christ, and what is that response?

Fools rush in where angels dare not to tread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2021, 04:07 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
The man is telling you of the righteousness imputed through the blood of Christ, and what is that response?

Fools rush in where angels dare not to tread.
Try to answer those 3 or 4 questions that you failed to answer before, and see where it leads us?

(Now, don't forget to tag JBF.)

Old 08-18-2021, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Try to answer those 3 or 4 questions that you failed to answer before, and see where it leads us?

(Now, don't forget to tag JBF.)
LOL, are we playing that game again? I feel like I'm on a game show with you guys.

Old 08-18-2021, 04:56 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
LOL, are we playing that game again? I feel like I'm on a game show with you guys.
1) How can killing the innocent and letting the guilty go free be considered a just payment?
2) How does punishing the innocent in place of the guilty display perfect justice?
3) How does retributive violence demonstrate perfect holiness?

How exactly does it happen that normal human beings, all endowed with that of a conscience, having an awareness of individual responsibility for their judgments and choices; manage to justify in their own eyes the most inhumane atrocities, and acts of self-righteousness without running into intolerable cognitive dissonance within their own supreme values?

Old 08-18-2021, 05:05 PM

Quote:
1) How can killing the innocent and letting the guilty go free be considered a just payment?
2) How does punishing the innocent in place of the guilty display perfect justice?
3) How does retributive violence demonstrate perfect holiness?

How exactly does it happen that normal human beings, all endowed with that of a conscience, having an awareness of individual responsibility for their judgments and choices; manage to justify in their own eyes the most inhumane atrocities, and acts of self-righteousness without running into intolerable cognitive dissonance within their own supreme values?
LOL, yes we are playing that same game again. Let's see, is this the third time, I think so.

When all else fails, send in the game questions?

Old 08-18-2021, 05:30 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
MysticPhD is not someone that I would call a born-again Christian.
To be fair, I suppose that he is a Christian under the definition of a Christian being anyone who says to Jesus, "Lord, Lord" (see Matthew 7:21).
It is fortunate that there are no born-again Christians who are still alive in their physical bodies. Of course, I know you mean conceived by God (born of God) while still alive and I am definitely that. The good news is that YOU do not decide who is Christian, Jesus does. Based on Jesus on the Cross, my advocating agape love is closer to Him than your advocating wrath and vengeance! We'll see who He recognizes as His.

Old 08-18-2021, 05:34 PM

Quote:
LOL, yes we are playing that same game again. Let's see, is this the third time, I think so.
When all else fails, send in the game questions?
My dear poor brother Charlie, it is no game!! You are risking it all on the men who taught you and ignoring the clear, in-your-face evidence of God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed by Jesus on the Cross. It is so sad, really.

Old 08-18-2021, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
My dear poor brother Charlie, it is no game!! You are risking it all on the men who taught you and ignoring the clear, in-your-face evidence of God's Holy Spirit of agape love as revealed by Jesus on the Cross. It is so sad, really.
I'm listening to what the scripture tells me, not some dream or revelation that denies the Word of God.

You done be got you a devil running your life, Brother!

Old 08-18-2021, 05:56 PM

Quote:
I'm listening to what the scripture tells me, not some dream or revelation that denies the Word of God.
You done be got you a devil running your life, Brother!
Wrong, Charlie. YOU are the one following the devil of wrath and vengeance and eternal torment, NOT the agape loving God of Jesus Christ!

Old 08-18-2021, 07:46 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,175,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Wrong, Charlie. YOU are the one following the devil of wrath and vengeance and eternal torment, NOT the agape loving God of Jesus Christ!
There is evolution of consciousness 'line' and this something you can not fix for another person, just accept it. Faith - Hope - Agape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity