Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2021, 11:43 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Your interpretation of God's motivation is barbaric, NOT you.
It contradicts what you have been told God said, but NOT what Jesus Christ revealed and unambiguously demonstrated about God's Holy Spirit of agape love, BF. You don't need to believe my experience, but why do you not believe Jesus's revelation and demonstration of God's True Nature???
at this point he is on spiritual level (soul, psychic) that would not allow him to comprehend pneumatic type of logic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2021, 11:44 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Your interpretation of God's motivation is barbaric, NOT you.
It contradicts what you have been told God said, but NOT what Jesus Christ revealed and unambiguously demonstrated about God's Holy Spirit of agape love, BF.
At least as far as you have understood.

And what you believe you experienced coincides with what you believe you have been told of Jesus.

Quote:

You don't need to believe my experience, but why do you not believe Jesus's revelation and demonstration of God's True Nature???
Why do you believe that revelation of Jesus and God's true nature is correct?

Old 08-07-2021, 11:51 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,337,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
at this point he is on spiritual level (soul, psychic) that would not allow him to comprehend pneumatic type of logic.
Maybe or maybe it's just the conclusion he came to. Just like you have your reasons so do other people. None of this is a problem unless there are people out there insisting they have some special insight be it personal experience or book learning. It's an opinion; that's all.

Old 08-07-2021, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
Why do you believe that? There is no shortage of men in history that have made that claim and have been shown to be crazy, or liars, or simply mistaken.

Old 08-07-2021, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Why do you believe that? There is no shortage of men in history that have made that claim and have been shown to be crazy, or liars, or simply mistaken.
What if some of those people authored the Bible?

Edit: I'll change authored to contribute. I know most literalists believe God authored the Bible and therefore it must be accurate. That's a self-loop tho.

Old 08-07-2021, 12:09 PM

63,841 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
At least as far as you have understood.
And what you believe you experienced coincides with what you believe you have been told of Jesus.
Why do you believe that revelation of Jesus and God's true nature is correct?
I have more reason to believe it than you do because I directly experienced it. You just have your conviction that the Bible contains God's inspired word so you have to believe it, and yet you don't. Why do you keep asking questions I have already answered multiple times? Do you have memory problems?

Old 08-07-2021, 12:18 PM

Quote:
I have more reason to believe it than you do because I directly experienced it. You just have your conviction that the Bible contains God's inspired word so you have to believe it, and yet you don't. Why do you keep asking questions I have already answered multiple times? Do you have memory problems?
This is why I like MissH. She was more of a "You shouldn't believe me. Go see for yourself."

Old 08-07-2021, 12:21 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,393,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
It's not just Mystic that has had this experience. Even atheists have them. Mystic was an atheist at the time. I'm completely using my experience because I read it as Jesus as well but I know think that was brain priming so if I ever had an experience like that I would attribute it to the divine. It is the standard thing to feel in a transcendent state. It happens all the time. It's just like those NDE where the stories match up. Not everyone is going to call it Jesus. I think that is where Mystic gets it wrong in trying to insist that he has some proper interpretation. I myself, think it was some mental/emotional problem I had blocked me and I finally recovered. I lean heavily toward a neurological phenom and enjoy watching scientists and doctors discuss it. Look up "peak experience". There is a lot we don't know.
When I first read of mystics experience I was a little skeptical myself, but the simple fact is while mystic came to his revelation through his experience I came to a lot of the same conclusions he does through the study of scripture, so for other to say what mystic believes is not scriptural just tells me they do not understand the scriptures or more likely don't understand what mystic is trying to get across. Me and mystic do have our differences in understanding but we both stand on the ground that we are to listen only to what Jesus said and did over the words and thoughts of any man whether that man be Moses or Elijah. And yes that IS scriptural.

Old 08-07-2021, 12:23 PM

Quote:
The followers of Jim Jones, David Koresh, and others all said the same thing.

They believed it because their hearts told them it was true.

Old 08-07-2021, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
When I first read of mystics experience I was a little skeptical myself, but the simple fact is while mystic came to his revelation through his experience I came to a lot of the same conclusions he does through the study of scripture, so for other to say what mystic believes is not scriptural just tells me they do not understand the scriptures or more likely don't understand what mystic is trying to get across. Me and mystic do have our differences in understanding but we both stand on the ground that we are to listen only to what Jesus said and did over the words and thoughts of any man whether that man be Moses or Elijah. And yes that IS scriptural.
I see the same things in the Bible most of the heretics do as well. That was pre-experience too. It's like any good work of literature. You add yourself to it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity