Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2021, 11:33 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Likewise. You believe you experienced a consciousness and you want us to believe you, denying the presence of human error, misinterpretation, and the assignment of human beliefs and failings.
I'm sorry. I have no reason to believe you over any of the Biblical authors.
I am NOT asking you to believe ME. I am asking you to believe what Jesus unambiguously demonstrated about God's True Nature and Holy Spirit of agape love over what our ancestors' interpreted as the result of God's wrath and need to be appeased.

That misinterpretation was the result of our ancestors' primitive belief that God is wrathful and vengeful and that every negative consequence is imposed on us by God's non-existent wrath (according to Jesus's example).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2021, 11:55 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,030,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I am NOT asking you to believe ME. I am asking you to believe what Jesus unambiguously demonstrated about God's True Nature and Holy Spirit of agape love over what our ancestors' interpreted as the result of God's wrath and need to be appeased.

That misinterpretation was the result of our ancestors' primitive belief that God is wrathful and vengeful and that every negative consequence is imposed on us by God's non-existent wrath (according to Jesus's example).
I don't believe it was Jesus. You have yet to explain why you would.

Old 08-06-2021, 12:10 PM

Quote:
I don't believe it was Jesus. You have yet to explain why you would.
I have explained it multiple times. BECAUSE my experience of God matches EXACTLY THE GOD JESUS REVEALED ON THE CROSS, not the wrathful vengeful one our ancestors believed in.

Old 08-06-2021, 12:21 PM

Quote:
I have explained it multiple times. BECAUSE my experience of God matches EXACTLY THE GOD JESUS REVEALED ON THE CROSS, not the wrathful vengeful one our ancestors believed in.
So you believed what some stranger told you? Why?

Nevermind the fact that you had to actually believe the Bible and its account of Jesus on the cross in order to make that claim.

Old 08-06-2021, 12:37 PM

Quote:
So you believed what some stranger told you? Why?
Nevermind the fact that you had to actually believe the Bible and its account of Jesus on the cross in order to make that claim.
Where the hell do you get the things you seem to think I have said. There was no stranger telling me anything! I believe the Bible account of Jesus on the Cross BECAUSE it EXACTLY matches the consciousness of God I encountered in deep meditation. That was no stranger!!!

Old 08-06-2021, 01:03 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,333,872 times
Quote:
That's brain priming Mystic.

Old 08-06-2021, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Where the hell do you get the things you seem to think I have said. There was no stranger telling me anything! I believe the Bible account of Jesus on the Cross BECAUSE it EXACTLY matches the consciousness of God I encountered in deep meditation. That was no stranger!!!
So you believed the Bible....at least in the place it talks about what you want to believe about Jesus?

But not the rest of the book that you claim is written by primitive barbarians? Weird.

How do you know this consciousness should be believed. The same Bible tells us not to believe any messenger with a different Gospel.

Old 08-06-2021, 01:35 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
So you believed the Bible....at least in the place it talks about what you want to believe about Jesus?

But not the rest of the book that you claim is written by primitive barbarians? Weird.

How do you know this consciousness should be believed. The same Bible tells us not to believe any messenger with a different Gospel.
If you believe in eternal punishment/damnation, then it is you who believes a different gospel which is not good news. You are merely following the ignorance of the Greek and Egyptians with their false ideologies of an underworld that you call HELL.

Old 08-06-2021, 01:48 PM

Quote:

It isn't a different Gospel. It is the Good News about God's Holy Spirit of agape love revealed and unambiguously demonstrated by Jesus Christ. The Bad News Gospel our ancient ancestors interpreted from what happened to Jesus is the false Gospel. It is not and never was appeasement of God's nonexistent wrath. It was appeasement of our savage ancestors' wrath and ignorance about God with the unmistakably Good News of God's agape love and forgiveness. The twisted primitive Bad News interpretation has lasted far too long, IMO.

Last edited by MysticPhD; 08-06-2021 at 02:00 PM..

Old 08-06-2021, 01:53 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,341 times
Quote:

Bible is multilevel consciousness guide for for many levels of consciousness beginning with Cain consciousness and ending in Christ consciousness - path of evolution of consciousness, some folk stuck at end range of "scribes and Pharisees" consciousness and are failing to step over over that Agape line, which is needed to cross the 'borders' of the Kingdom.
Paul clearly defined it in 1Cor 2.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity