Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2021, 08:26 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times

Advertisements

I would be interested in knowing how people perceive my responses to mean posts; whether they are loving or unloving.

Because I think that it is the doctrine of hell that is perceived by many to be unloving; not the demeanor or behaviour of those who carry it to the people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2021, 08:37 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I would be interested in knowing how people perceive my responses to mean posts; whether they are loving or unloving.

Because I think that it is the doctrine of hell that is perceived by many to be unloving; not the demeanor or behaviour of those who carry it to the people.
Actually, its the arrogance and false doctrines, which many have tried to help you see, however, being that Charlie could not answer these question, perhaps you might?

1) How can killing the innocent and letting the guilty go free be considered a just payment?
2) How does punishing the innocent in place of the guilty display perfect justice?
3) How does retributive violence demonstrate perfect holiness?

How exactly does it happen that normal human beings, all endowed with that of a conscience, having an awareness of individual responsibility for their judgments and choices; manage to justify in their own eyes the most inhumane atrocities, and acts of self-righteousness without running into intolerable cognitive dissonance within their own supreme values?

And don't give me that crap about an infinite god requires infinite damnation for a finite life.

Old 08-18-2021, 08:46 PM

In answer to your questions,

God Himself, who is innocent, took the penalty of His own wrath and justice against our sin by dying on the Cross for us.

Old 08-18-2021, 09:21 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Actually, its the arrogance and false doctrines, which many have tried to help you see, however, being that Charlie could not answer these question, perhaps you might?

1) How can killing the innocent and letting the guilty go free be considered a just payment?
2) How does punishing the innocent in place of the guilty display perfect justice?
3) How does retributive violence demonstrate perfect holiness?

How exactly does it happen that normal human beings, all endowed with that of a conscience, having an awareness of individual responsibility for their judgments and choices; manage to justify in their own eyes the most inhumane atrocities, and acts of self-righteousness without running into intolerable cognitive dissonance within their own supreme values?

And don't give me that crap about an infinite god requires infinite damnation for a finite life.
Quote:

God Himself, who is innocent, took the penalty of His own wrath and justice against our sin by dying on the Cross for us.
Isn't there some sado-masochism involved in inflicting or receiving this kind of punishment? Surely, you can do better than that? Other than subjecting himself to physical pain and humiliation to cover your sin. Sounds more like an abusive relationship - if you believe he needed a "whipping" boy to satisfy his wrath.

Old 08-19-2021, 01:20 AM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:

If you think everyone wont be tested the same, then you are an elitist, and all those racist misogynist names.

It's not about salvation, it's that if you sacrifice doing good works building a house, Christian's and others will come while you are not in your house yet and they will move in your house and try to lock you out saying," Everyone deserves a house, you are an elitists and I am homesteading your house because everyone deserves.a house."

That is how the majority think, it's what they assume same as you, you claim a house a house that you did not build.

Mere salvation is broad in the court, but salvation is not reward, you wont be able to claim the reward of helping building the house because you wont join the house, you refuse to become a brick.

You are confused thinking and assuming the rewards of Israel and Judah are yours, but you arent Israel or Judah.

Jesus tore down a wall of separation so you could join the house as a living stone, even a beam of the house, but you wont be used because you choose separation.

Old 08-19-2021, 05:31 AM

What matters is the foundation of the house; which is Jesus Christ.

If you have laid the foundation you will be saved even if all you have built upon it is wood, hay, stubble.

If you have built upon it gold, silver, precious gems, then you will have a house.

The foundation is Jesus Christ; not identification with Israel or Judah.

Old 08-19-2021, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Isn't there some sado-masochism involved in inflicting or receiving this kind of punishment? Surely, you can do better than that? Other than subjecting himself to physical pain and humiliation to cover your sin. Sounds more like an abusive relationship - if you believe he needed a "whipping" boy to satisfy his wrath.
That might be the case if the Person receiving His wrath were someone other than Himself.

Old 08-19-2021, 06:58 AM

20,443 posts, read 12,801,153 times
Quote:

Old 08-19-2021, 07:12 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:

Nailed it. I got branded as "mean" years ago because I dared to contradict a few people and said there is this thing called "objective morality".

Old 08-19-2021, 07:39 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,366,154 times
Quote:
... from the mouth of the self-righteous.
Not to mention the judge, jury and executioner as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity