Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-20-2021, 07:06 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LargeKingCat View Post
Well, if anything I read into your posts is "mean" it would be that you come across sometimes as intolerant or judgmental of others who do not agree with you.
As do you and pretty much everyone else on this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2021, 07:34 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Perhaps, the Baptist can answer for you - if he is another go to man?

1) How can killing the innocent and letting the guilty go free be considered a just payment?
2) How does punishing the innocent in place of the guilty display perfect justice?
3) How does retributive violence demonstrate perfect holiness?

How exactly does it happen that normal human beings, all endowed with that of a conscience, having an awareness of individual responsibility for their judgments and choices; manage to justify in their own eyes the most inhumane atrocities, and acts of self-righteousness without running into intolerable cognitive dissonance within their own supreme values?

Ahhh, judging God as a monster, that's going to get you there, Jerwade!

You are either for God or against God, the scripture gives the final destination of both!

Some will not accept that and have no scripture for their disagreeing with God!

So what will become of these insubordinate souls?

Old 08-20-2021, 07:35 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,033,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post

You are either for God or against God, the scripture gives the final destination of both!

I've just always considered it strange that people that hate God would WANT to worship him for eternity.

Old 08-20-2021, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What do you consider 2nd Corinthians 3:14-17, Charlie? Is it scripture? What does it say that does NOT support my theology????
You are applying that scripture out of context to it's meaning!

Paul is speaking of the Jews who have read the scripture of their day, the Old Testament, blinded to the prophesy of Christ. Paul uses the veil of Moses face where the glory of God radiated from it as an example to their blindness and what they should have known. That just as the glory of God on the face of Moses faded, so would the Law fade to usher in the Grace of the New Covenant.

You are comparing us to the blinded Jews when it is you who has not a single verse of scripture to support what you claim!

Old 08-20-2021, 07:47 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
1) How can killing the innocent and letting the guilty go free be considered a just payment?
2) How does punishing the innocent in place of the guilty display perfect justice?
3) How does retributive violence demonstrate perfect holiness?

How exactly does it happen that normal human beings, all endowed with that of a conscience, having an awareness of individual responsibility for their judgments and choices; manage to justify in their own eyes the most inhumane atrocities, and acts of self-righteousness without running into intolerable cognitive dissonance within their own supreme values?

Quote:
No, you have not answered them, saying you did is not answering them.
Read the questions, they are not a put down, they are serious questions.

Charlie the things you, and your mentor believe are not in line with reality!
Apparently, it frightens you to give an answer - why is that, Charlie?
Quote:
What we say comes from scripture! What is your foundation for your belief, do you have anything other than your opinion that is directly in opposition to the written Word?
So, you are afraid to answer the questions - that's what I thought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
We may not have answered them to your satisfaction; but we have answered them.

Let me ask you this:

Would you condemn God as being unrighteous?

It seems to me that your questions imply that God is unrighteous;

But my answer to your questions presume that He is righteous and that therefore my answer adequately answers your questions.
The one I find unrighteous is that of yourself, JBF. And, no, you did not answer the questions.
If, you answered them, you would ultimately have to throw out your false Penal Substitution theory.

Quote:

Charlie, you can remain ignorant - that's your choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I've just always considered it strange that people that hate God would WANT to worship him for eternity.
Who said anything about hating God, other than that of your own projections?

Old 08-20-2021, 07:51 AM

Quote:
So, you are afraid to answer the questions - that's what I thought!

The one I find unrighteous is that of yourself, JBF. And, no, you did not answer the questions.

Charlie, you can remain ignorant - that's your choice.

Who said anything about hating God, other than that of your own projections?
Mockery of the Word of God is your department not mine!

I have better sense than to tempt God with His own words!

Old 08-20-2021, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Mockery of the Word of God is your department not mine!

I have better sense than to tempt God with His own words!
You and your mentor are as ignorant as they come, Charlie.

Old 08-20-2021, 07:56 AM

20,443 posts, read 12,801,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
What do you consider 2nd Corinthians 3:14-17, Charlie? Is it scripture? What does it say that does NOT support my theology????
Do you believe Moses was an “ancient ignorant”?

Old 08-20-2021, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Apparently were are if we disagree with you! Total waste of time!

Old 08-20-2021, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Apparently were are if we disagree with you! Total waste of time!
The waste of time is in that of your rote learning which doesn't take anything into account, other than what you have memorized, or were taught incorrectly. There are a lot of Pagan concepts and beliefs within your understanding, as the falling away has already happened. However, I have no doubt that you cannot distinguish the differences in a loving father, verses that of a tyrant. If you answered the questions, you would need to throw out your false Penal Substitution theory and that of your hellish, eternal damnation just for starters, and then move on to your view of demons, the devil and Satan. And your whole belief-system would come crumbling down for the most part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity