Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2021, 09:14 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,847,256 times

Advertisements

May the Lord abundantly bless you both.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2021, 12:44 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
May the Lord abundantly bless you both.
I believe he has already, but he cannot penetrate that thick membrane of ignorance that surrounds your brain.

Old 08-28-2021, 01:54 PM

10,043 posts, read 4,974,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Yes, the believer has the Kingdom ruling in his heart and life, Jesus is that Kingdom.................
If we put God's kingdom government as superior to human government then yes we have God's kingdom governing heart and life.
Since it is God's kingdom government (Daniel 2:44) then, Jesus is Not that kingdom <- Luke 19:11-15.
At the end of the thousand years I find Jesus hands back God Kingdom to his God - 1st Corinthians 15:24-26.

Old 08-30-2021, 11:08 AM

23,175 posts, read 10,468,780 times
Quote:
According to your doctrine (correct me if I'm wrong) a person is in the outer court simply for being a Gentile; and therefore has no choice in the matter.
All Gentiles have a choice to be adopted and grafted into Israel and it was ten years after Jesus before Peter found this out, it IS the great mystery.

Ten years after Jesus Peter had a dream about how Gentiles are seen as unclean animals by law, and after ten years, we get our first Gentile convert. Those first non Jewish converts were Israelis that Jesus said," I am only come for the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Those lost sheep of Israel were non Jews but living amongst Jews and in Galilee, the land of Israel.

God had ended.the non Jewish northern kingdom of Israel 700 years before Jesus came.

When Elijah came, he didnt go to the Jewish kingdom, and when he killed 450 prophets Israel, they were not Jews, Elijah had not called fire down on Jews, the Jews were not present.

The entire mission of Elijah and John the Baptist was simply to bring Israel back to Jerusalem and Judah.

The coming of John had nothing to do with Jews, John came as the friend of the bridegroom just as Elijah had done.

John went into Israel 700 years after Elijah, and his specific mission were those 7000 Israelis to witch Paul was a member of.

Elijah told God," I am the only person left in Israel who has not involved himself in paganiam."

But God told Elijah," Not so Elijah, I have reserved 7000 men for myself."

John the Baptist had come looking for those 7000 Israelis and tens of thousands of their families and these were the first converts who were adopted and grafted into Judah and this is why Paul teaches of those 7000 reserved remnant.

Paul says, " EVEN US, NOT OF THE JEW ONLY, BUT EVEN US, WE CAN BE GRAFTED AND AFOPTED.

Paul had become a Jew, Paul was of the tribe of Benjamin from the northern kingdom, not the Southern kingdom of Jews, and the tribe of Benjamin was the only tribe within both kingdoms for good reason.

Any Gentile can be grafted and adopted into Israel and then into Judah.

Problem is, Christians stopped getting adopted and grafted into Israel because of great fear.

Had I lived in the decades after the Jewish war, I dont know that I would have been brave enough to keep the Passover.

Christian's became co heirs with Judah when they accepted the feasts of God, it is the only way to be grafted into Israel, those first converts took hold of the covenant just how Isaiah 56 tells a Gentile how to be adopted into Israel.

Just because you accept the Sabbbaths of God, it doesnt mean anyone can judge you if you dont keep all the laws of Sabbaths and feasts.

I seriously doubt that God even cares if Christians continue involving themselves in the pagan practices of Christmas and Easter.

The problem isnt keeping a law, the problem is that Christians become enemies of the feasts of Jesus as if they would be judged by the law if they just accepted them.

That is all the Christian needs to do, just to stop being an enemy against Passover and the 6 other feasts of Jesus.

Those feasts are for teaching who Messiah is, and who you are.

You are the temple, and they are your appointed days to evolve you.

The keeping of feasts in truth is to study them day and night, it had never been about keeping them or their laws, all Christian's have to do is study, that's all..

https://hebroots.com/sevenfestivals_chap7.htm

You study the feasts, and you will learn more than you ever thought possible. They are the comings and goings of you, the temple.

You accept them, and you obtain an inheritance in Israel and accepting them doesnt have anything to do with keeping all their laws.

No Gentile can ever become the co heir of Jews until he does accept them, the two are enemies until one joins the other, and the Jew cant accept the holy days of Christianity or his family would soon stop being Jews.

The great mystery is that you dont have to stay in that court of darkness, you dont have to change anything.

All you have to do is accept the same religion Jesus loved, all you have to do is accept a Passover lamb, a Pentecost ram, a Yom Kippur goat, a Tabernacles bull.

It's never been of holy days, there is only one goal, and that is to make all people, one people.

The only way you can join the chosen is just through acceptance, you dont have to jump through hoops to keep the laws of feasts.

You dont keep Christmas and Easter from fear of salvation, and you shouldnt think people keep Passover out of fear of salvation.

Old 08-30-2021, 03:26 PM

11,054 posts, read 6,655,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
If a vessel itself is brought into a violent, eat or be eaten world, the vessel will see everything this way even when light comes into it, twisting the message. But God must have known this. What if violence was the only way back then? Seems harsh to us and another way to look at it might be...the people killed by the Israelis ,
I've read many of these tribes that God commanded genocide against, were pretty nasty people...child sacrifice, no justice in society, cruelty, etc, ..maybe even diseased. Either God gave these commands or not, my guess is He did.
The Biblical scholars I've been reading and listening to lately, interpret scriptures that God did NOT command these genocides in the OT. This was Moses' mis-interpretation of what God was telling him. God actually had non-violent plans for relocating the Canaanites, for example. Little by little, not all at once. Even using hornets of all things. But no, Moses had to impose his ANE beliefs and indoctrination of the local deities and their violence-demanding, onto God. God loved/loves ALL people at all times and would not condone or command genocide. That is not part of his agape nature.

But then I admit I am left with wondering why God allowed this bad scripture to be passed down and taken to heart. I guess because the writers had their own free will, just like Moses did.

Old 08-30-2021, 07:20 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post
The Biblical scholars I've been reading and listening to lately, interpret scriptures that God did NOT command these genocides in the OT. This was Moses' mis-interpretation of what God was telling him. God actually had non-violent plans for relocating the Canaanites, for example. Little by little, not all at once. Even using hornets of all things. But no, Moses had to impose his ANE beliefs and indoctrination of the local deities and their violence-demanding, onto God. God loved/loves ALL people at all times and would not condone or command genocide. That is not part of his agape nature.

But then I admit I am left with wondering why God allowed this bad scripture to be passed down and taken to heart. I guess because the writers had their own free will, just like Moses did.
We are in charge down here, Sand&Salt.

Old 08-30-2021, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I believe he has already, but he cannot penetrate that thick membrane of ignorance that surrounds your brain.
Most certainly the god of this world (2 Corinthians 4:3-4) cannot penetrate the sound doctrine that exists within my brain.

Old 08-30-2021, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
All Gentiles have a choice to be adopted and grafted into Israel and it was ten years after Jesus before Peter found this out, it IS the great mystery.

Ten years after Jesus Peter had a dream about how Gentiles are seen as unclean animals by law, and after ten years, we get our first Gentile convert. Those first non Jewish converts were Israelis that Jesus said," I am only come for the lost sheep of the house of Israel."

Those lost sheep of Israel were non Jews but living amongst Jews and in Galilee, the land of Israel.

God had ended.the non Jewish northern kingdom of Israel 700 years before Jesus came.

When Elijah came, he didnt go to the Jewish kingdom, and when he killed 450 prophets Israel, they were not Jews, Elijah had not called fire down on Jews, the Jews were not present.

The entire mission of Elijah and John the Baptist was simply to bring Israel back to Jerusalem and Judah.

The coming of John had nothing to do with Jews, John came as the friend of the bridegroom just as Elijah had done.

John went into Israel 700 years after Elijah, and his specific mission were those 7000 Israelis to witch Paul was a member of.

Elijah told God," I am the only person left in Israel who has not involved himself in paganiam."

But God told Elijah," Not so Elijah, I have reserved 7000 men for myself."

John the Baptist had come looking for those 7000 Israelis and tens of thousands of their families and these were the first converts who were adopted and grafted into Judah and this is why Paul teaches of those 7000 reserved remnant.

Paul says, " EVEN US, NOT OF THE JEW ONLY, BUT EVEN US, WE CAN BE GRAFTED AND AFOPTED.

Paul had become a Jew, Paul was of the tribe of Benjamin from the northern kingdom, not the Southern kingdom of Jews, and the tribe of Benjamin was the only tribe within both kingdoms for good reason.

Any Gentile can be grafted and adopted into Israel and then into Judah.

Problem is, Christians stopped getting adopted and grafted into Israel because of great fear.

Had I lived in the decades after the Jewish war, I dont know that I would have been brave enough to keep the Passover.

Christian's became co heirs with Judah when they accepted the feasts of God, it is the only way to be grafted into Israel, those first converts took hold of the covenant just how Isaiah 56 tells a Gentile how to be adopted into Israel.

Just because you accept the Sabbbaths of God, it doesnt mean anyone can judge you if you dont keep all the laws of Sabbaths and feasts.

I seriously doubt that God even cares if Christians continue involving themselves in the pagan practices of Christmas and Easter.

The problem isnt keeping a law, the problem is that Christians become enemies of the feasts of Jesus as if they would be judged by the law if they just accepted them.

That is all the Christian needs to do, just to stop being an enemy against Passover and the 6 other feasts of Jesus.

Those feasts are for teaching who Messiah is, and who you are.

You are the temple, and they are your appointed days to evolve you.

The keeping of feasts in truth is to study them day and night, it had never been about keeping them or their laws, all Christian's have to do is study, that's all..

https://hebroots.com/sevenfestivals_chap7.htm

You study the feasts, and you will learn more than you ever thought possible. They are the comings and goings of you, the temple.

You accept them, and you obtain an inheritance in Israel and accepting them doesnt have anything to do with keeping all their laws.

No Gentile can ever become the co heir of Jews until he does accept them, the two are enemies until one joins the other, and the Jew cant accept the holy days of Christianity or his family would soon stop being Jews.

The great mystery is that you dont have to stay in that court of darkness, you dont have to change anything.

All you have to do is accept the same religion Jesus loved, all you have to do is accept a Passover lamb, a Pentecost ram, a Yom Kippur goat, a Tabernacles bull.

It's never been of holy days, there is only one goal, and that is to make all people, one people.

The only way you can join the chosen is just through acceptance, you dont have to jump through hoops to keep the laws of feasts.

You dont keep Christmas and Easter from fear of salvation, and you shouldnt think people keep Passover out of fear of salvation.
Peter's dream told him that what the Lord has cleansed, he should not call common or unclean.

I believe that you were referring to Romans 9:24 above. it does not say what you think it says.

Paul did not become a Jew, he was a Jew from birth, of the tribe of Benjamin.

Any Jew or Gentile can be graffed into the olive tree which is true Israel as it is defined by faith in the Messiah only (not by being a descendant of Jacob).

The Bible does not teach condemnation over keeping the Passover; and neither does it teach condemnation for not keeping the Passover.

Jesus is the fulfillment of the Passover.

So, if you want to keep it as a testimony to Jesus Christ, by all means do so.

But if you don't, and yet have faith in Jesus, realize that you have the substance and do not need the shadow.

The holy days of Judaism are a part of the Judaistic laws that Paul fought to make sure that it was evident that these are not necessary for salvation.

You will be called greater in the kingdom if you keep them; but you will still be in the kingdom if you don't (Matthew 5:17-20).

But Paul fought against the Judaizers, in Acts 15 and Galatians, who were attempting to teach the body of Christ that unless you are circumcised and keep the law of Moses, you cannot be saved (Acts 15:1,5).

Such a teaching is not acceptable.

If you want to encourage people to obey the law, then that is fine. I do that myself; and I believe that I will be called great in the kingdom because of it.

But those who seek to be justified by the law are under the curse (Galatians 3:10, James 2:10, Matthew 5:48, Galatians 5:1-4, ).

Those who understand that they are redeemed through faith in Christ, and do not trust in their law-keeping to save them, are blessed if they look into the perfect law of liberty and continue therein (James 1:25).

But if they keep the law for that they think they will be saved through their keeping of it, then they are cursed (Galatians 3:10, James 2:10, Matthew 5:48, Galatians 5:1-4).

Old 08-31-2021, 08:16 AM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Most certainly the god of this world (2 Corinthians 4:3-4) cannot penetrate the sound doctrine that exists within my brain.
The god of this world already has made you a child of wrath by deceiving you into accepting the wrath of God as sound doctrine! You know whose children are the children of wrath, right???

Old 08-31-2021, 08:43 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,366,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sand&Salt View Post

This makes sense. It also shows us righteous people aren't always right. Even Moses was not allowed into the promised land for striking the rock an extra time. Every character in the OT also had a black mark, some seriously flawed. That is what I was trying to get in regard to the vessel being corrupt, not the flesh either.
Only God is good. I think all the phony prophets did them in and the entire thing got out of control. That is why they were taken off as hostages repeatedly. Right HF?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity