Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2021, 09:02 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,320,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Blaspheming Jesus is specifically allowed in scripture so it is certainly NOT the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. That nonsense is ALL the convoluted imagining of your own mind, JBF, as you try to understand Jesus under the veil of ignorance from reading the OT and Moses while deliberately ignoring and refusing to even try to use God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed by Jesus on the Cross.

Rejecting and refusing to use the Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness and choosing instead to use wrath and vengeance IS blaspheming the Holy Spirit in my estimation which is why I fear for both you and Charlie.
Charlie accepts the love and judgement of God. Just the way scripture gives it.

I'm not the one who accepts what he likes and rejects what he doesn't.

And then says he doesn't!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2021, 09:19 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,841,188 times
Quote:
Blaspheming Jesus is specifically allowed in scripture so it is certainly NOT the blasphemy of the Holy Spirit. That nonsense is ALL the convoluted imagining of your own mind, JBF, as you try to understand Jesus under the veil of ignorance from reading the OT and Moses while deliberately ignoring and refusing to even try to use God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed by Jesus on the Cross.

Rejecting and refusing to use the Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness and choosing instead to use wrath and vengeance IS blaspheming the Holy Spirit in my estimation which is why I fear for both you and Charlie.
If either one of us has blasphemed the Holy Ghost, nothing can be done for us.

I also, do not only use the OT to make my case for ET.

And I preach ET because it is the most wise deterrent for those who would be inclined to reject Christ for that they would rather keep the pleasures of sin for a season.

Old 09-01-2021, 09:23 PM

Consider what it says here.

2Pe 3:7, But the heavens and the earth, which are now, by the same word are kept in store, reserved unto fire against the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.
2Pe 3:8, But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
2Pe 3:9, The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
2Pe 3:10, But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
2Pe 3:11, Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
2Pe 3:12, Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?
2Pe 3:13, Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.

Old 09-01-2021, 09:54 PM

63,799 posts, read 40,068,856 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Charlie accepts the love and judgement of God. Just the way scripture gives it.
I'm not the one who accepts what he likes and rejects what he doesn't.
And then says he doesn't!
Stop saying it is about what I like and do not like! It is about what is consistent and compatible with God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed by Jesus Christ on the Cross! I realize it is because you refuse to use it as your standard of truth that you do not recognize or accept my using it as my standard. But you need to stop lying about me, Charlie.

You would understand God and Jesus so much better if you adopted God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as your standard of truth instead of the UNTESTED Bible interpretations using the context of a wrathful God.

Old 09-01-2021, 10:05 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,320,172 times
Quote:
Stop saying it is about what I like and do not like! It is about what is consistent and compatible with God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed by Jesus Christ on the Cross! I realize it is because you refuse to use it as your standard of truth that you do not recognize or accept my using it as my standard. But you need to stop lying about me, Charlie.

You would understand God and Jesus so much better if you adopted God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as your standard of truth instead of the UNTESTED Bible interpretations using the context of a wrathful God.
It's no longer about God, the Holy Spirit or agape love when you deny and toss out the words of Jesus!

You're guilty as charged, Mystic! Time after time you have been shown, but you will not listen.

It's not a matter of interpretation, it's a matter of straight out denying scripture!

Old 09-01-2021, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Stop saying it is about what I like and do not like! It is about what is consistent and compatible with God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed by Jesus Christ on the Cross!
That is your way of justifying the fact that you have a bias against the justice of God as it is related in holy scripture...you claim that you are judging based on a "spirit of agape love" which nevertheless denies the plenary inspiration of all of holy scripture and therefore must be a demon.

But the reality is that you are, indeed, judging based on a material bias that exists in your bloodstream that does not like the idea that God might eternally condemn a person who rejects regeneration and the new birth and who therefore will never have the sin nature dealt with in their lives.

Old 09-01-2021, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
It's no longer about God, the Holy Spirit or agape love when you deny and toss out the words of Jesus!
You're guilty as charged, Mystic! Time after time you have been shown, but you will not listen.
It's not a matter of interpretation, it's a matter of straight out denying scripture!
Stop lying about me, Charlie. I trust the words of Jesus. I just make sure they are accurately presented by testing them against His Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness. You are the one who doesn't bother to make sure what you accept is accurate.

Old 09-01-2021, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
That is your way of justifying the fact that you have a bias against the justice of God as it is related in holy scripture...you claim that you are judging based on a "spirit of agape love" which nevertheless denies the plenary inspiration of all of holy scripture and therefore must be a demon.
That is preposterous! The Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness is NOT from a demon, but your insistence on the plenary status of untested scripture that denies the truth of the Holy Spirit as revealed by Jesus Christ certainly could be!!!
Quote:
But the reality is that you are, indeed, judging based on a material bias that exists in your bloodstream that does not like the idea that God might eternally condemn a person who rejects regeneration and the new birth and who therefore will never have the sin nature dealt with in their lives.
Wrong! There is no way EVER to reconcile your vile belief in eternal Hell and damnation with God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness, NO WAY!!!! You rationalize it by making God impotent to change the minds of sinners which is absurd.

Old 09-02-2021, 01:33 AM

Quote:
Stop lying about me, Charlie. I trust the words of Jesus. I just make sure they are accurately presented by testing them against His Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness. You are the one who doesn't bother to make sure what you accept is accurate.
You test the scriptures against your predetermined bias, wherein you deny the justice and wrath (judgment) of a holy God.

You have exalted yourself above the holy scriptures as being the divine authority.

Quote:
That is preposterous! The Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness is NOT from a demon, but your insistence on the plenary status of untested scripture that denies the truth of the Holy Spirit as revealed by Jesus Christ certainly could be!!! Wrong! There is no way EVER to reconcile your vile belief in eternal Hell and damnation with God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness, NO WAY!!!! You rationalize it by making God impotent to change the minds of sinners which is absurd.
No....God has chosen in His sovereignty to give a certain amount of sovereignty to man.

Tell me, Mystic, what is your answer to the question of, If God is good and all-powerful, why is there evil in the world?

My answer to it is that God has given free will to man.

But if God can change the minds of sinners, why doesn't He do it from the moment of their birth?

He can change the minds of sinners; but the sinner must have an active part in the changing of his own mind: he must choose to allow God to change his mind.

Your "holy spirit of agape love" denies the justice and wrath of a holy God, as being a reality.

Therefore, it is not the Spirit of truth.

Last edited by justbyfaith; 09-02-2021 at 02:07 AM..

Old 09-02-2021, 06:57 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,385,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Okay, so at least you understand that there will be just judgment (justice) as concerning sin, Mystic.

I think that we may be getting somewhere.

Now, what you need to realize is that for those who are cast into hell, the sin nature has not been dealt with.

I have already explained the rest on not a few occasions. So, I am not going to bore everyone with the details by reiterating what that means for the sinner who has rejected Christ.
What you are missing JBF is that it is in the flames of Gehenna that the sin nature is dealt with.

God always has a purpose for His judgments and that purpose is restoration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity