Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2021, 02:59 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
I hope you don't claim to be a Christian, Jerwade! You have just shown you have no understanding of God at all, none, zero! You need help, you need it desperately!

JBF can help you understand that if you would ask him!
He couldn't dump water out of a boot with the direction written on the heel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You mean - that I have not been brainwashed. Thanks!
Quote:
The blood sacrifice of Jesus Christ for the sins of man is the centerpiece on which Christianity is built!

Have you read Lev. 17:11?

"For the life of the flesh is in the blood: and I have given it to you upon the altar to make an atonement for your souls: for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul."

This is what Christ had to do for us to be set free from sin, those who will believe Him that is!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
We born again Christians have actually been "heartwashed".

And perhaps our brains also have been washed from the filthiness of what we used to participate in before we were redeemed.
It appears that the death of Jesus was brought about through human volition, given the political and religious powers of the day. Although at the same time, Jesus was fully aware that his message; and what he represented to the status quo would ultimately lead to a violent death. Thus, his life was an issue in setting the captives free from the established sects of the day. But his death was not divinely foreordained as a penal substitution, whereas, there is no greater love than to lay one's own life down for that of another.

Many are fixated on Jesus' death, and will accept nothing but the blood of Jesus, as "they know not, what they do." Although, there is only ONE whose undeniable innocence (not an ordinary victim) was able to change the process of scapegoating (a slaughterhouse religion having a carnivorous diet). And, it’s a saving act of God; a victory over the powers of this world (men) and a defeat of death, reversing it through his Life and Resurrection. The cross may, indeed be, the centerpiece of the Christian religion, but it is not God's altar, or that of merely exchanging victims, bulls and goats for that of Christ Jesus.

Love and forgiveness are the greatest virtues, which are free from any bias or injustice; healing the soul. For what power has love, but that of forgiveness? It’s the only aspect of life to which we can participate. Everything else consists of pride and arrogance.

BTW - you should get rid of those fragments of stone that you call a heart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Reading Leviticus, is what happens in
2nd Corinthians 3:14-17.

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ.
15But even unto this day, when Moses is read, the vail is upon their heart.
16Nevertheless when it shall turn to the Lord, the vail shall be taken away.
17Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

You spend far too much time reading the OT and getting blinded by the veil of ignorance about the wrath and vengeance of the God of Moses.
AMEN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2021, 03:09 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,324,301 times
Quote:
He couldn't dump water out of a boot with the direction written on the heel.

It appears that the death of Jesus was brought about through human volition, given the political and religious powers of the day. Although at the same time, Jesus was fully aware that his message; and what he represented to the status quo would ultimately lead to a violent death. Thus, his life was an issue in setting the captives free from the established sects of the day. But his death was not divinely foreordained as a penal substitution, whereas, there is no greater love than to lay one's own life down for that of another.

Many are fixated on Jesus' death, and will accept nothing but the blood of Jesus, as "they know not, what they do." Although, there is only ONE whose undeniable innocence (not an ordinary victim) was able to change the process of scapegoating (a slaughterhouse religion having a carnivorous diet). And, it’s a saving act of God; a victory over the powers of this world (men) and a defeat of death, reversing it through his Life and Resurrection. The cross may, indeed be, the centerpiece of the Christian religion, but it is not God's altar, or that of merely exchanging victims, bulls and goats for that of Christ Jesus.

Love and forgiveness are the greatest virtues, which are free from any bias or injustice; healing the soul. For what power has love, but that of forgiveness? It’s the only aspect of life to which we can participate. Everything else consists of pride and arrogance.

AMEN
It all goes back to the eternal judgement thing, right Jerwade. That's the center of it all for you and several others here. Whatever stands in the way of that is chunked by the sideway.

Old 08-18-2021, 03:16 PM

Quote:
It all goes back to the eternal judgement thing, right Jerwade. That's the center of it all for you and several others here. Whatever stands in the way of that is chunked by the side way.
That's not judgment, its persecution.

Old 08-18-2021, 03:44 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:

AMEN

Old 08-18-2021, 03:46 PM

Quote:
I call it the truth! You call it something else. We will see won't we, Jerwade!

Old 08-18-2021, 03:58 PM

Quote:
It all goes back to the eternal judgement thing, right Jerwade. That's the center of it all for you and several others here. Whatever stands in the way of that is chunked by the side way.
Quote:
Quote:
I call it the truth! You call it something else. We will see won't we, Jerwade!
I have perfect vision, but it is unfortunate that you do not presently. Your mind has been corrupted.
You will be held in that darkness, until the day of judgment, where you will be gnashing your teeth.

Old 08-18-2021, 04:05 PM

Quote:
I have perfect vision, but it is unfortunate that you do not presently. Your mind has been corrupted.
You will be held in that darkness, until the day of judgment, where you will be gnashing your teeth.
My vision is His vision, I study to be sure of it. It's a shame we can't agree on that, guess we won't be seeing each other on the other side.

Old 08-18-2021, 04:21 PM

Quote:
My vision is His vision, I study to be sure of it. It's a shame we can't agree on that, guess we won't be seeing each other on the other side.
If there is another side, then we will surely meet at some point.
However, it may not be until after you get out of the Lake of fire.

Last edited by Jerwade; 08-18-2021 at 04:46 PM..

Old 08-18-2021, 04:24 PM

Quote:
If there is another side, then we will surely meet at some point.
However, it may be until after you get out of the Lake of fire.
"If there is another side?" Hmmm, kinda makes me wonder about you, Jerwade!

Old 08-18-2021, 04:38 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times
Quote:
Contemplate the agape love of Jesus on the Cross and compare it to YOUR hardened heart of wrath and condemnation. Do you really think He will recognize you as one of His own in agape love????? I fear you will hear, "Depart from I never knew you." You seem not to realize that what defines a follower of Jesus is the agape love of God and each other. It is such a shame you are so misguided.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity