Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2021, 05:41 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,005,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Since the Male Headship thread has drifted off onto the topic of Church history and apostolic succession and there seems to be some interest in the topic, I've started a new thread to address it.

We can start with these posts:

and

The early history of God's people is vague, but very easy to follow. Adam of course fell, so man was out of harmony with God for quite a while. Out of all the world only 8 persons were deemed righteous to survive through the flood. Easy so far correct? Those 8 were Jehovah's people. The next big step was brought out to Abraham in which God made a covenant with him, that all nations of the earth will bless themselves by means of his seed. So this is kinda where history really starts, Isaac, begat Jacob, who became Israel, and he produced 12 sons in which the offspring of his sons became the 12 tribes of Israel, but it really was through Moses that they became the covenanted people of God when they and the vast mixed company that were delivered from Egypt accepted the Law covenant from God. It was at that time that we became Jehovah's covenanted nation, His special property.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2021, 06:42 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,007,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Stop trying to pigeonhole me in one of your ignorant heresies. No one back then and very few even today even knows what consciousness is let alone understand consciousness as the basis of who we are. As a Spirit, God's consciousness is His Holy Spirit and that is what He sent to earth to be born as a human. His Holy Spirit is who Jesus referred to as the Father who showed and taught Him everything as He was growing up and maturing while in His human consciousness.
Nicholas would have had a field day with you at Nicea.
Quote:
That inner guidance is what our ancient ancestors prior to Jesus did NOT have. But thanks to Jesus, we do have His Holy Spirit as the Comforter with us in our human consciousness to guide and teach us as the Father taught Jesus. That is the consciousness I believe I encountered in meditation.

The fact that the consciousness MATCHES EXACTLY the attitude and consciousness Jesus revealed on the Cross, gives me extreme confidence in my explanations.
How do you KNOW that? You keep saying that. But you have yet to explain that.

Old 08-28-2021, 07:48 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Nicholas would have had a field day with you at Nicea.
How do you KNOW that? You keep saying that. But you have yet to explain that.
I have explained repeatedly that in my experience it was an instant "knowing" that erased my atheism and cannot be described. You might understand if you have ever been in a dream and known something but there was nothing in the dream that could possibly be the reason you know it. The experience is unlike anything I could describe, but the 'knowing" it was God just was.

My adoption of Jesus is because the descriptions and revelations of His character and consciousness on the Cross MATCH the consciousness I encountered.
'

Old 08-28-2021, 08:10 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,318,618 times
Quote:
I have explained repeatedly that in my experience it was an instant "knowing" that erased my atheism and cannot be described. You might understand if you have ever been in a dream and known something but there was nothing in the dream that could possibly be the reason you know it. The experience is unlike anything I could describe, but the 'knowing" it was God just was.

My adoption of Jesus is because the descriptions and revelations of His character and consciousness on the Cross MATCH the consciousness I encountered.
'
No Mystic, you are trying to enter in through another door! Christ said He is that Door!

The Jesus that revelation has revealed is another Jesus!

The denial of the need for forgiveness of sins is just one example of another Jesus!

Old 08-28-2021, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
No Mystic, you are trying to enter in through another door! Christ said He is that Door!
The Jesus that revelation has revealed is another Jesus!
The denial of the need for forgiveness of sins is just one example of another Jesus!
The only Jesus we ever actually see in the scripture is the human Jesus who was pure agape love and forgiveness, Charlie. You are stuck on the stumbling block of forgiveness of sins which has been accomplished BY JESUS. There is nothing you need to do to have it. God is not counting our sins against us (2nd Corinthians 5:18-19). You just misunderstand what it is that we must do to take advantage of our salvation.

Taking advantage of our salvation refers to our sanctification and justification which we achieve by living our daily lives trying (however imperfectly) to love as Jesus does under the guidance of the Comforter (Holy Spirit) and repenting when we fail. It has nothing to do with believing all the "precepts and doctrines of men" ABOUT Jesus and God that your church requires for membership. We just need to actually SHOW our faith and trust in Jesus by following His instructions to His disciples to love God and each other.

Old 08-28-2021, 08:48 AM

Quote:
The only Jesus we ever actually see in the scripture is the human Jesus who was pure agape love and forgiveness, Charlie.
Except for the holy, righteous, divine Jesus. The one who judged sinners. But you don't like THAT Jesus, so you skip over those parts.

Old 08-28-2021, 08:57 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,318,618 times
Quote:
The only Jesus we ever actually see in the scripture is the human Jesus who was pure agape love and forgiveness, Charlie. You are stuck on the stumbling block of forgiveness of sins which has been accomplished BY JESUS. There is nothing you need to do to have it. God is not counting our sins against us (2nd Corinthians 5:18-19). You just misunderstand what it is that we must do to take advantage of our salvation.

Taking advantage of our salvation refers to our sanctification and justification which we achieve by living our daily lives trying (however imperfectly) to love as Jesus does under the guidance of the Comforter (Holy Spirit) and repenting when we fail. It has nothing to do with believing all the "precepts and doctrines of men" ABOUT Jesus and God that your church requires for membership. We just need to actually SHOW our faith and trust in Jesus by following His instructions to His disciples to love God and each other.
You fail to see who man is, explained to us by none other than the apostle Paul!

In your warped mind, you have done nothing that needs forgiveness, you just need guidance and correction.

Unless you change your views, "depart from me, I never knew you" is in your future!

Old 08-28-2021, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Except for the holy, righteous, divine Jesus. The one who judged sinners. But you don't like THAT Jesus, so you skip over those parts.
Where exactly is that Jesus in the New Testament???? Is He the one who sat with, ate with, drank with, and associated with sinners???

Old 08-28-2021, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Where exactly is that Jesus in the New Testament???? Is He the one who sat with, ate with, drank with, and associated with sinners???
Jude 5 is an interesting verse. "Now I want to remind you, although you once fully knew it, that Jesus, who saved a people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe."

Revelation 6:16-17 -- the "They called to the mountains and the rocks, 'Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?'"

Not to mention him coming back, riding on a white horse, with the host of Heaven behind him to judge sinners.

But I predict you don't like these passages, so you'll find a reason to attack them.

Old 08-28-2021, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Jude 5 is an interesting verse. "Now I want to remind you, although you once fully knew it, that Jesus, who saved a people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe."

Revelation 6:16-17 -- the "They called to the mountains and the rocks, 'Fall on us and hide us from the face of Him who sits on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb! For the great day of their wrath has come, and who can stand?'"

Not to mention him coming back, riding on a white horse, with the host of Heaven behind him to judge sinners.

But I predict you don't like these passages, so you'll find a reason to attack them.
Not attack, reinterpret recognizing WHO they were written by and addressed to at the time - very primitive and savage minds who needed to be scared by the fear of God to control their savagery. We shouldn't need that if we let the Comforter guide our lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity