Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2021, 01:04 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,020,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Stop lying. I never said some Spirit gave me any message. I encountered a consciousness that MATCHES EXACTLY the consciousness of JESUS CHRIST on the Cross
I've asked this many many many times. You have yet to really give an answer.

How do you know it was the consciousness of Jesus Christ when you reject most of what God's Word says about Jesus?
Quote:

so I use what JESUS CHRIST revealed about God's True Nature as the Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as my guide to the Truth.
Revealed where?
Quote:

Jesus is the Spirit who IS the Way, the Truth, and the Life, NOT the letter that kills "written in ink" by men and He abides with us as the Comforter to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts."
So he is a Spirit now? You consulted a spirit? Or did you consult the Bible?
Quote:

2nd Corinthians 3: 2-6 (King James Version)
2Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
3Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.
4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward:
5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
So is 2 Corinthians good now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2021, 01:13 PM

13,624 posts, read 7,942,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
I thought the pope was infallible on issues of faith and morals.
Only under very specific conditions.

Just as how Matthew was infallible while he was writing his gospel, but was not infallible in any other area of his life. That's how infallibility works with the Pope as well.

Just as Matthew would have been subject to rebuke or correction if he erred in his personal life/belief/teachings even though he possessed infallibility as an author of Sacred Scripture, so the Pope is subject to rebuke or correction if he errs, even though he possesses infallibility by virtue of his office.

Old 08-27-2021, 02:01 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
I've asked this many many many times. You have yet to really give an answer.
I have answered you many many times and you have succeeded in ignoring or misunderstanding it deliberately every single time in what you clearly think is a defense of the wrathful God you believe in. Good luck with that.
Quote:
How do you know it was the consciousness of Jesus Christ when you reject most of what God's Word says about Jesus?
Revealed where?
Just because you have no ability to draw inferences and conclusions from the unambiguous "wrathless" state of mind revealed and demonstrated by Jesus Christ on the Cross during a horrendous scourging and crucifixion that would have raised the wrath and vengeance of ANY human being known or unknown to man, does NOT mean I do not have the ability to do so.

You deliberately refuse to do the same thing in the irrational belief that everything "written in ink" is correctly interpreted and the infallible truth despite being written and compiled by fallible and flawed primitive human beings for a very different primitive audience than we are today.
Quote:
So he is a Spirit now? You consulted a spirit? Or did you consult the Bible?
Yes, Jesus Christ is the Holy Spirit known as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts" I consulted the Bible and the actions and attitude of God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus Christ on the Cross!!!

John 16:7-14 King James Version (KJV)
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth
: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

John 14:26 King James Version (KJV)
26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

1 John 2:27 (King James Version)
27But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.

Old 08-27-2021, 02:16 PM

Quote:
I have answered you many many times and you have succeeded in ignoring or misunderstanding it deliberately every single time in what you clearly think is a defense of the wrathful God you believe in. Good luck with that. Just because you have no ability to draw inferences and conclusions from the unambiguous "wrathless" state of mind revealed and demonstrated by Jesus Christ on the Cross during a horrendous scourging and crucifixion that would have raised the wrath and vengeance of ANY human being known or unknown to man, does NOT mean I do not have the ability to do so.
That wasn't Jesus.
Quote:
You deliberately refuse to do the same thing in the irrational belief that everything "written in ink" is correctly interpreted and the infallible truth despite being written and compiled by fallible and flawed primitive human beings for a very different primitive audience than we are today. Yes, Jesus Christ is the Holy Spirit known as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts" I consulted the Bible and the actions and attitude of God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus Christ on the Cross!!!
No. He isn't. Jesus is God the Son.

The Holy Spirit is God the Holy Spirit. Both are the same God, but different persons.
Quote:
7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth
: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27But the anointing which ye have received of Him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in Him.
You've been catfished. You haven't been talking to the right spirit.

Old 08-27-2021, 02:43 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,388,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
All I need is Christ; but how does that work out practically speaking? How do I actually "obtain" Him outside the context of the Church? How can I be baptized for the forgiveness of sins outside the context of the Church? How can I eat His flesh and drink His blood as He commanded outside the context of the Church?

I'd rather be in bondage to Christ through His Church than in bondage to my sin (Romans 6:22). It's only after we become slaves to Christ that we can be truly free.

Certainly I can agree that if you seek, you will find.
Mike does your spirit not bare witness with His spirit that you are a son of God? if so why the need of any man? why not just rely on the Holy spirit to guide you into all truth?

Old 08-27-2021, 03:10 PM

Quote:
I have answered you many many times and you have succeeded in ignoring or misunderstanding it deliberately every single time in what you clearly think is a defense of the wrathful God you believe in. Good luck with that. Just because you have no ability to draw inferences and conclusions from the unambiguous "wrathless" state of mind revealed and demonstrated by Jesus Christ on the Cross during a horrendous scourging and crucifixion that would have raised the wrath and vengeance of ANY human being known or unknown to man, does NOT mean I do not have the ability to do so.
You deliberately refuse to do the same thing in the irrational belief that everything "written in ink" is correctly interpreted and the infallible truth despite being written and compiled by fallible and flawed primitive human beings for a very different primitive audience than we are today. Yes, Jesus Christ is the Holy Spirit known as the Comforter sent in His name to guide us to the Truth God has "written in our hearts" I consulted the Bible and the actions and attitude of God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus Christ on the Cross!!!

Quote:
That wasn't Jesus.
That wasn't Jesus on the Cross???? Who was it????
Quote:
No. He isn't. Jesus is God the Son.
The Holy Spirit is God the Holy Spirit. Both are the same God, but different persons.
You've been catfished. You haven't been talking to the right spirit.
So when Jesus said when you see me you see the Father and the Father IS Spirit and IS agape and IS Holy, You somehow conclude Jesus did not accurately represent God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness????? It would seem you have been catfished, BF.

Old 08-27-2021, 03:15 PM

Quote:
So when Jesus said when you see me you see the Father
It means that Jesus is God, as is The Father.
Quote:

and the Father IS Spirit and IS agape and IS Holy,
The Father is not the Spirit.

I'm not sure what you're asking about God being his attributes.
Quote:

You somehow conclude Jesus did not accurately represent God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness?????
You are using words here, but you aren't really saying anything clearly. What do you MEAN by this? Define it.

We've been over this. The bible says God the Father is God. God the Son is God. God the Holy Spirit is God. 3 persons, one God.

Any spirit telling you otherwise is an imposter.

Old 08-27-2021, 04:09 PM

Quote:
It means that Jesus is God, as is The Father.
The Father is not the Spirit.
I'm not sure what you're asking about God being his attributes.
You are using words here, but you aren't really saying anything clearly. What do you MEAN by this? Define it.
We've been over this. The bible says God the Father is God. God the Son is God. God the Holy Spirit is God. 3 persons, one God.
Any spirit telling you otherwise is an imposter.
YOU are the one denying they are the SAME ONE SPIRIT by claiming they are separate persons. Our ignorant ancestors had no conception of consciousness as the basis of personhood so they created the convoluted nonsense about three persons in one God. You clearly accept it and their ignorance about it. There is only ONE God and ONE Spirit who is God. There is no Spirit telling me anything. Stop lying about that!

Jesus brought God's Holy Spirit into His human consciousness and nurtured that human consciousness to maturity as a Spirit. When His human body died, that human consciousness was "born again" as Spirit (identical to God's Holy Spirit) as the Comforter to abide with us in our consciousness as a guide to the Truth God has "written in our hearts." All of our human consciousnesses will do the same thing and be "born again" as Spirits upon our physical deaths.

Old 08-27-2021, 04:58 PM

Quote:
YOU are the one denying they are the SAME ONE SPIRIT by claiming they are separate persons. Our ignorant ancestors had no conception of consciousness as the basis of personhood so they created the convoluted nonsense about three persons in one God. You clearly accept it and their ignorance about it. There is only ONE God and ONE Spirit who is God. There is no Spirit telling me anything. Stop lying about that!
Are you a modalist?

Quote:
Jesus brought God's Holy Spirit into His human consciousness and nurtured that human consciousness to maturity as a Spirit.
How do you know that?
Quote:

When His human body died, that human consciousness was "born again" as Spirit (identical to God's Holy Spirit) as the Comforter to abide with us in our consciousness as a guide to the Truth God has "written in our hearts."
How do you know that?
Quote:

All of our human consciousnesses will do the same thing and be "born again" as Spirits upon our physical deaths.
How do you know that?

Old 08-27-2021, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Are you a modalist?
Stop trying to pigeonhole me in one of your ignorant heresies. No one back then and very few even today even knows what consciousness is let alone understand consciousness as the basis of who we are. As a Spirit, God's consciousness is His Holy Spirit and that is what He sent to earth to be born as a human. His Holy Spirit is who Jesus referred to as the Father who showed and taught Him everything as He was growing up and maturing while in His human consciousness.

That inner guidance is what our ancient ancestors prior to Jesus did NOT have. But thanks to Jesus, we do have His Holy Spirit as the Comforter with us in our human consciousness to guide and teach us as the Father taught Jesus. That is the consciousness I believe I encountered in meditation.

The fact that the consciousness MATCHES EXACTLY the attitude and consciousness Jesus revealed on the Cross, gives me extreme confidence in my explanations. You can stick with the beliefs of our ancient ancestors, but I will have none of it! I ONLY follow Jesus Christ as the agape loving and forgiving God HE revealed Himself to be on the Cross!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity