Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 04:42 AM

4,638 posts, read 1,182,617 times

Advertisements

Eph 1:4-7

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Hence one of the blessings of election in Christ before the foundation of the world, it is that the chosen ones have been accepted of the Father, hence in a accepted justified state with God the Father; And this again before the foundation of the world, and before Faith in time. God is well pleased with their persons, according as He chose them in Christ before the foundation, and as Paul wrote to the Corinthian Church 1 Cor 1:30

30But of him [God the Father] are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2021, 05:06 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,167,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Hence one of the blessings of election in Christ before the foundation of the world, it is that the chosen ones have been accepted of the Father, hence in a accepted justified state with God the Father; And this again before the foundation of the world, and before Faith in time. God is well pleased with their persons, according as He chose them in Christ before the foundation, and as Paul wrote to the Corinthian Church 1 Cor 1:30

30But of him [God the Father] are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

Powerful words

Old 09-06-2021, 08:41 AM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post

If only you knew what these words actually meant without the arrogance and vanity of believing you are somehow special in the eyes of God and others are not!

Old 09-06-2021, 08:51 AM

4,483 posts, read 1,322,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If only you knew what these words actually meant without the arrogance and vanity of believing you are somehow special in the eyes of God and others are not!
Those who reject Christ all the way to the grave and those who think they know Christ but have not repented of their sins have a special place with God. The scripture calls it the Lake of Fire!

The weeping and gnashing of teeth doesn't come from the Christ rejecters, it comes from those who think and say they know Christ, but will hear, "depart from me I never knew you."

These are the ones who talk the talk but will not walk the walk! They will have their lot with the damned!

Old 09-06-2021, 09:09 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,976,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Those who reject Christ all the way to the grave and those who think they know Christ but have not repented of their sins have a special place with God. The scripture calls it the Lake of Fire!

The weeping and gnashing of teeth doesn't come from the Christ rejecters, it comes from those who think and say they know Christ, but will hear, "depart from me I never knew you."

These are the ones who talk the talk but will not walk the walk! They will have their lot with the damned!
I think it might be the ones who persist in judging others. After all, the scriptures are pretty clear in warning us what awaits those who can't seem to stop condemning their fellow man and threatening them with fire and damnation:

Matthew 7:1-5 Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

I can't believe how many people figure they're somehow exempt from this commandment. I guess they figure they have 20/20 spiritual vision. Unfortunately, none of us do.

Old 09-06-2021, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I think it might be the ones who persist in judging others. After all, the scriptures are pretty clear in warning us what awaits those who can't seem to stop condemning their fellow man and threatening them with fire and damnation:

Matthew 7:1-5 Judge not, that ye be not judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

I can't believe how many people figure they're somehow exempt from this commandment. I guess they figure they have 20/20 spiritual vision. Unfortunately, none of us do.
Yes, I'll be condemned right along with Jesus for saying the exact same thing as He!

I suppose you, the just one, will be standing on the other side of the fence.

Old 09-06-2021, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Yes, I'll be condemned right along with Jesus for saying the exact same thing as He!

I suppose you, the just one, will be standing on the other side of the fence.
You are not in the same position as Jesus was, Charlie. His role is to judge. Yours is not. Yours is to emulate the love He showed, and not to condemn your fellow man.

Old 09-06-2021, 09:33 AM

Quote:
You are not in the same position as Jesus was, Charlie. His role is to judge. Yours is not. Yours is to emulate the love He showed, and not to condemn your fellow man.
He did the judging, I'm just reminding you of it, just as the prophets and the apostles!

You just carry on with your righteous judgements of others, Kat, that seems to be your calling!

Old 09-06-2021, 09:41 AM

Quote:
He did the judging, I'm just reminding you of it, just as the prophets and the apostles!

You just carry on with your righteous judgements of others, Kat, that seems to be your calling!
When did I ever do that, Charlie? When have I ever told you that you had better change your way, or else? As long as your focus is on your own life, I have no problem with our differences of opinion with regards to any specific doctrines. I may disagree with them, but I have never passed judgment on anyone here because they believe differently from me.

Old 09-06-2021, 09:53 AM

Quote:
When did I ever do that, Charlie? When have I ever told you that you had better change your way, or else? As long as your focus is on your own life, I have no problem with our differences of opinion with regards to any specific doctrines. I may disagree with them, but I have never passed judgment on anyone here because they believe differently from me.
You pass judgement every time you hear what you don't want to hear!

You just gave me a lecture on judging a few posts back as you usually do!

But yet you haven't done anything, what have I done, Charlie?

It never fails from you, Kat, whenever someone reminds you from scripture what you don't want to hear!

They are the judge, jury, and executioner for merely quoting scripture!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity