Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 07:30 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,434,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Eph 1:4-7

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Hence one of the blessings of election in Christ before the foundation of the world, it is that the chosen ones have been accepted of the Father, hence in a accepted justified state with God the Father; And this again before the foundation of the world, and before Faith in time. God is well pleased with their persons, according as He chose them in Christ before the foundation, and as Paul wrote to the Corinthian Church 1 Cor 1:30

30But of him [God the Father] are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
The Election is Israel, you are reading about the Gentiles who were grafted through Israel and adopted into Israel to fill the void made in Israel, the ten lost tribes.

Paul was one of 7000 elect who were of Israel, not Judah.

Paul explains his own adoption AS THE ELECT, AS ONE OF THE 7000 ELECT, saying," Even us, not of.the Jews only, but even us."

When those 7000 die in Revelation, it is the moment a Gentile stopped being a Gentile, he was grafted and adopted into Israrl to become, Judah, the election.

This doesnt have anything to do with modern Christian's, modern Christian's no longer get adopted and grafted into Israel, HECK, most Christian's dont even know they have to be adopted and grafted.

It says this in your post.

THE ADOPTION IS INTO THE COMMONWEALTH OF ISRAEL THROUGH JESUS.

Believing in Jesus does not adopt you into the elect of Israel.

Christian's are no longer willing to become One With Jews.

Thery are not adopted and grafted, and its apparent that they arent in the same religion of Christ, it's obvious they arent with Jews becoming Jews.

Jesus came taking two to make them one in a marriage.

All the brides hate the bridegroom, Jesus isnt the bridegroom, Judah is, it is a marriage covenant for the brides of Israel to marry the sons of Judah

Jesus didnt come offering Jews a betrothal and he tells us this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2021, 11:42 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,583,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
He did the judging, I'm just reminding you of it, just as the prophets and the apostles!

You just carry on with your righteous judgements of others, Kat, that seems to be your calling!
Werent the Apostles the ones who constantly needed proof from Jesus, that he was who he claimed to be?! (and Jesus normally complied and did something miraculous for them)...

If this was the apostles, why should we be any different today?

Old 09-07-2021, 03:59 AM

4,627 posts, read 1,171,293 times
The peril of denying election !

When men deny Sovereign Particular, and unconditional election, which the bible clearly teaches, we deny God, or attempt to deny Him His absolute right to rule and govern His World, we deny that His Divine Purpose and Will is Supreme which the bible also teaches. Dan 4:35

35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Eph 1:11

In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

This denial of election tends to rob God of His Supremacy of authority or rule as He deems fit ! Matt 20:15

Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?

Old 09-07-2021, 07:17 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,383,510 times
Quote:
The peril of denying election !

When men deny Sovereign Particular, and unconditional election, which the bible clearly teaches, we deny God, or attempt to deny Him His absolute right to rule and govern His World, we deny that His Divine Purpose and Will is Supreme which the bible also teaches. Dan 4:35

35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and he doeth according to his will in the army of heaven, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say unto him, What doest thou?

Eph 1:11

In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

This denial of election tends to rob God of His Supremacy of authority or rule as He deems fit ! Matt 20:15

Is it not lawful for me to do what I will with mine own? Is thine eye evil, because I am good?
I do not deny election but your understanding of it is off kilter as you seem to have no idea of the purpose of the election.

Old 09-07-2021, 07:28 AM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
If only you knew what these words actually meant without the arrogance and vanity of believing you are somehow special in the eyes of God and others are not!
You'd have made a great Canaanite.

Old 09-07-2021, 12:23 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
I do not deny election but your understanding of it is off kilter as you seem to have no idea of the purpose of the election.
Yep

Election is certainly in the Scriptures, but when you make it all about election and do not take into account purpose, process and results it gets unbalanced and lopsided

Old 09-07-2021, 12:34 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,009,498 times
Quote:
Eph 1:4-7

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Hence one of the blessings of election in Christ before the foundation of the world, it is that the chosen ones have been accepted of the Father, hence in a accepted justified state with God the Father; And this again before the foundation of the world, and before Faith in time. God is well pleased with their persons, according as He chose them in Christ before the foundation, and as Paul wrote to the Corinthian Church 1 Cor 1:30

30But of him [God the Father] are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
It is a blessing. It means that we don't have to worry about performance. There is nothing special about me or my life that made God choose me. I have no idea why he chose me, but I'm glad he did.

Old 09-07-2021, 01:42 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Hey Mystic, here's a news flash for you! NOTHING in scripture contradicts itself in the love of the Cross of Christ!!! Let me see those contradictions and I'll show you!
My poor sad brother, everything you have interpreted as the wrath of God contradicts God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed by Jesus on the Cross!!! Jesus had no sign or hint of wrath or vengeance in Him!!! That does not mean the negative consequences you warn about do not exist, but it certainly eliminates any notion that they are punishments imposed by God or that they need to be eternal to appease His wrath.

Old 09-07-2021, 01:46 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
It is a blessing. It means that we don't have to worry about performance. There is nothing special about me or my life that made God choose me. I have no idea why he chose me, but I'm glad he did.
Knowing God as revealed by Jesus on the Cross, you should be worried about who actually chose you to believe what you do because I seriously doubt it was God.

Old 09-07-2021, 01:54 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,383,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Yep

Election is certainly in the Scriptures, but when you make it all about election and do not take into account purpose, process and results it gets unbalanced and lopsided
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity