Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2021, 12:26 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,318,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
When you finally are made to realize (probably after your death) that what you consider my outer space views are actually what Jesus Himself unambiguously revealed about God's True Nature of agape love and forgiveness on the Cross, I wonder if you will still think it was entertaining!!??!
I know what Jesus has revealed and it's found in scripture! Of course your mystic senses of interpretation deny most of what Jesus said by your own confession!

You are testing the Holy Spirit of agape love against His own words and you want to lecture me?

According to you most of the scripture can't be trusted so you have no standard of interpretation but by what comes to mind, and you want us to follow you? I was born one day but not yesterday!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2021, 12:56 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Some people are special to God over and above others, by Grace however. Deut 7:6

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.
That applied to the Hebrews and for a very different reason than you are trying to infer.

Old 09-06-2021, 01:07 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Some people are special to God over and above others, by Grace however. Deut 7:6

6 For thou art an holy people unto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.
Those special people have special qualities

They will try to image and reflect these qualities,

Gal 5:22**But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23**Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

But in this world there is always going to be the natural forces and processes as well, and we are to cope with that as best we can

Old 09-06-2021, 01:33 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,943,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post

They will try to image and reflect these qualities,

Gal 5:22**But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith,
Gal 5:23**Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

But in this world there is always going to be the natural forces and processes as well, and we are to cope with that as best we can
You are so on target with this, Meerkat.

Old 09-06-2021, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
I know what Jesus has revealed and it's found in scripture! Of course your mystic senses of interpretation deny most of what Jesus said by your own confession!
You really cannot seem to resist lying about me, Charlie. I wonder why? Does the master of lies have control of your mind? I test what is CLAIMED to be from Jesus using God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed by Jesus Christ Himself on the Cross under extreme duress -- no faking it!! You do NOT!

You blindly accept everything that is claimed to be from Jesus without checking with Him. He does abide with us as the Comforter within our consciousness. unfortunately, you do have to be in a state of mind that is compatible with His Holy Spirit to receive His guidance. You seem to have difficulty ever getting into any of those states of mind. You spend too much time in opposite states of mind.
Quote:
You are testing the Holy Spirit of agape love against His own words and you want to lecture me?
Wrong. I am checking to make sure it IS His own words using His Holy Spirit as a guide. You just blindly assume they are His own words, a very dangerous practice, Charlie.
Quote:
According to you most of the scripture can't be trusted so you have no standard of interpretation but by what comes to mind, and you want us to follow you? I was born one day but not yesterday!
Another lie. You have been told the standard of truth I use and it is God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed by Jesus on the Cross, Charlie, so stop lying about it!!! You could use the same standard but you refuse because it would endanger your current beliefs about God and Jesus. If you want to be "born again" with Christ, I would recommend you start using Him and His Holy Spirit as your standard of Truth too!

Old 09-06-2021, 02:25 PM

Quote:
You really cannot seem to resist lying about me, Charlie. I wonder why? Does the master of lies have control of your mind? I test what is CLAIMED to be from Jesus using God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed by Jesus Christ Himself on the Cross under extreme duress -- no faking it!! You do NOT!

You blindly accept everything that is claimed to be from Jesus without checking with Him. He does abide with us as the Comforter within our consciousness. unfortunately, you do have to be in a state of mind that is compatible with His Holy Spirit to receive His guidance. You seem to have difficulty ever getting into any of those states of mind. You spend too much time in opposite states of mind. Wrong. I am checking to make sure it IS His own words using His Holy Spirit as a guide. You just blindly assume they are His own words, a very dangerous practice, Charlie.
Another lie. You have been told the standard of truth I use and it is God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed by Jesus on the Cross, Charlie, so stop lying about it!!! You could use the same standard but you refuse because it would endanger your current beliefs about God and Jesus. If you want to be "born again" with Christ, I would recommend you start using Him and His Holy Spirit as your standard of Truth too!
"Stop it now, you're lying about me." How many times and how many people have you said this to? Poor Mystic, everyone is lying on him!

The bottom line is that you will not accept scripture for what its says, and call that a reinterpretation when actually it's nothing but denial to set your false teaching on par.

Old 09-06-2021, 02:32 PM

4,627 posts, read 1,170,418 times
Quote:
That applied to the Hebrews and for a very different reason than you are trying to infer.
They were a typical people. God has a chosen people above all others, that scripture proves it. However the ones God loved in Deut 7 are the same ones He loved in Eph 1:4,5 There's only one Chosen People. And theyre Chosen to Salvation, thats Gods Eternal Purpose in Christ in whom they were chosen !

Old 09-06-2021, 02:36 PM

4,627 posts, read 1,170,418 times
meerkat

Quote:
No they dont, election is of grace. Also God told them that He didnt choose them because they were better Deut 7:6-7

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

8 But because the Lord loved you,
and because he would keep the oath which he had sworn unto your fathers, hath the Lord brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

Election is unconditional love my friend.

Old 09-06-2021, 02:49 PM

Quote:

You blindly accept everything that is claimed to be from Jesus without checking with Him. He does abide with us as the Comforter within our consciousness. unfortunately, you do have to be in a state of mind that is compatible with His Holy Spirit to receive His guidance. You seem to have difficulty ever getting into any of those states of mind. You spend too much time in opposite states of mind. Wrong. I am checking to make sure it IS His own words using His Holy Spirit as a guide. You just blindly assume they are His own words, a very dangerous practice, Charlie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
"Stop it now, you're lying about me." How many times and how many people have you said this to? Poor Mystic, everyone is lying on him!
In your case, it is absolutely true. You know I have a standard of truth for what is in scripture and you know it is Jesus Christ on the Cross! You not only ignore Him but absolutely REFUSE to use Christ's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness to test scripture to be sure it is from Jesus!
Quote:
The bottom line is that you will not accept scripture for what it says, and call that a reinterpretation when actually it's nothing but denial to set your false teaching on par.
You shouldn't accept scripture for what it says if what it says contradicts or is inconsistent with God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed by Jesus on the Cross!!!

Old 09-06-2021, 04:10 PM

Quote:
In your case, it is absolutely true. You know I have a standard of truth for what is in scripture and you know it is Jesus Christ on the Cross! You not only ignore Him but absolutely REFUSE to use Christ's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness to test scripture to be sure it is from Jesus! You shouldn't accept scripture for what it says if what it says contradicts or is inconsistent with God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as revealed by Jesus on the Cross!!!
Hey Mystic, here's a news flash for you! NOTHING in scripture contradicts itself in the love of the Cross of Christ!!! Let me see those contradictions and I'll show you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity