Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2021, 01:15 PM

4,627 posts, read 1,173,945 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I suspect such a discussion would be a waste of time. But if you want to know why I think that then read the states of mind I posted about God's Holy Spirit of agape love and forgiveness as described in the Bible and revealed by Jesus on the Cross.

Then read and interpret those verses asking yourself if what you are interpreting is compatible with those states of mind or does it conflict with them. If what you interpret conflicts with those states of mind, it is WRONG!!!
okay
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2021, 02:30 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,438,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Hanni, what has the Law to do with the believer in Christ being that Christ has fulfilled the Law?

I suppose you are another one of those perfect Law keepers who doesn't need the Christ!

You are able to create your own righteousness in that perfect Law keeping, is that the deal, Hanni?
I dont keep the laws, I eat unclean foods, I dont keep the sabbath's or the feasts, I would but to do so alone would be silly.

The law is spiritual, it teaches mercy in a way you cant understand.

What gets me is your sheer willingness to lie about Jesus.

Jesus told you not to even think that he came to do away with the law, he told you that anyone who doesnt keep the law to then teach others not to keep the law will be the least in the kingdom of heaven...

He told us that the Jews sit in the seat of Moses and we had better do whatever they say.

Jesus told us plain out that we had better keep the laws BETTER than them.

Jesus told us flat out that as long as this earth,moon and sun exist, the law would be in effect.

You know Jesus said this but you choose to lie and insinuate lies, why?

Why lie to yourself?

Why try and lie to others?

How do you live like that?

Old 09-09-2021, 05:33 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,319,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I dont keep the laws, I eat unclean foods, I dont keep the sabbath's or the feasts, I would but to do so alone would be silly.

The law is spiritual, it teaches mercy in a way you cant understand.

What gets me is your sheer willingness to lie about Jesus.

Jesus told you not to even think that he came to do away with the law, he told you that anyone who doesnt keep the law to then teach others not to keep the law will be the least in the kingdom of heaven...

He told us that the Jews sit in the seat of Moses and we had better do whatever they say.

Jesus told us plain out that we had better keep the laws BETTER than them.

Jesus told us flat out that as long as this earth,moon and sun exist, the law would be in effect.

You know Jesus said this but you choose to lie and insinuate lies, why?

Why lie to yourself?

Why try and lie to others?

How do you live like that?
Why didn't you finish the verse and get to my point, Hanni?

Matt. 5:17

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil."

Why do you think Jesus said that, "but to fulfill?"

Old 09-09-2021, 07:00 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,948,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Let's go with what the Bible says...

1 Thess 1:4-5:

4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.
5 For our gospel came not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

Rom 8:16:

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

1 John 4:13:

Hereby know we that we dwell in him, and he in us, because he hath given us of his Spirit.

Eph 1:13-14:

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,
14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

2 Cor 1:21-22:

21 Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;
22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.
Okay, so I can pretty much go along with that. It is through the witness given to you by the Holy Spirit that you know. I believe that it is the Holy Spirit that all spiritual truths are confirmed to a person.

Quote:
Mormonism denies eternal security, which means one critical aspect of what is taught in the preceding verses is denied. Jesus taught that anyone who speaks against the Holy Spirit does not have forgiveness.

Mark 3:28-29:

28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme:
29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

Those who blaspheme (or "speak against" Matt 12:32) the Holy Spirit fall into one, or both, of the following categories: one, those who deny eternal security, and thus deny the doctrine of Christ and the testimony of the Spirit; or, two, those who deny the sealing of the Spirit.
Mormons totally believe that once the Holy Spirit has born witness to the truth to someone and they then turn around and deny that this took place, they have committed the unforgiveable sin.

Old 09-09-2021, 08:34 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,840,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
You have rejected the laws of God and instituted your own laws of sin, to your own laws, you are a legalistic.

You make up your mind what sin is, if somebody is doing something that you consider sin, they going to hell by your law.
I do believe that the law has been re-defined by Christ (Hebrews 7:12) in that we are no longer bound by the letter but will be obedient to the spirit of what is written (Romans 7:6, 8:4) if we are born again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I understand it but you do not seem to. You think there is something special about you because of what you believe about Jesus which is utter nonsense. Everyone who loves is "conceived by God" and "knows" God and Jesus, period. There are no other conditions to meet. The more you love the closer you are to God and Jesus. The less you love the farther from them you are.

Everything else you have been taught is human vanity and hubris writ large! God IS agape love. It is not just one of His attributes! If you want to be close to God try to be in the following states of mind as often as possible:

The Holy Spirit IS the True Nature of God revealed, described, and demonstrated unambiguously by Jesus. He IS agape love, kindness, mercy, compassion, gentleness, unconditional acceptance, empathy, sympathy, tolerance, long-suffering, decency, friendliness, peacefulness, joyfulness, understanding, care, concern, solicitude, solicitousness, sensitivity, tender-heartedness, soft-heartedness, warm-heartedness, warmth, love, brotherly love, tenderness, gentleness, mercifulness, leniency, lenience, consideration, kindness, humanity, humaneness, kind-heartedness, charity, benevolence, and He is non-judgmental.
When Jesus retunrs from on high, riding on the clouds, He is coming back with wrath and justice (judgment) against sin and sinners (Revelation 6:12-17).

Old 09-09-2021, 08:40 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,429,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Okay, so I can pretty much go along with that. It is through the witness given to you by the Holy Spirit that you know. I believe that it is the Holy Spirit that all spiritual truths are confirmed to a person.

Mormons totally believe that once the Holy Spirit has born witness to the truth to someone and they then turn around and deny that this took place, they have committed the unforgiveable sin.
You know what, frankly, I think I was sufficiently clear in the post you quoted, but you are so far off the mark in even your basic perception of what I was saying. You asked how does one know their election of God, and I showed a biblical answer. Moreover, the idea that one can lose his eternal salvation for any reason whatsoever is totally contrary to the very point I was making.

Old 09-09-2021, 08:51 PM

299 posts, read 104,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I do believe that the law has been re-defined by Christ (Hebrews 7:12) in that we are no longer bound by the letter but will be obedient to the spirit of what is written (Romans 7:6, 8:4) if we are born again.

When Jesus retunrs from on high, riding on the clouds, He is coming back with wrath and justice (judgment) against sin and sinners (Revelation 6:12-17).

It'll ruin your day, won't it, when you arrive in heaven and finally understand the news (Gospel) that you aren't part of an elite and exclusive clique, and that there is no sweet incense of the burning damned to cheer you up? I suggest a strongly worded letter of protest to the management.

Old 09-09-2021, 08:52 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,948,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
You know what, frankly, I think I was sufficiently clear in the post you quoted, but you are so far off the mark in even your basic perception of what I was saying. You asked how does one know their election of God, and I showed a biblical answer. Moreover, the idea that one can lose his eternal salvation for any reason whatsoever is totally contrary to the very point I was making.
Well, evidently I did misunderstand you then, and I have reasonably good comprehension skills. I will say that I have an advantage over you in one thing, and that is in my knowledge of what Mormonism teaches.

Old 09-09-2021, 09:00 PM

23,141 posts, read 10,438,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie24 View Post
Why didn't you finish the verse and get to my point, Hanni?

Matt. 5:17

"Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil."

Why do you think Jesus said that, "but to fulfill?"
You think I hid the word fulfilled?
Lol.

Jesus must be some really lame stupid people if you think he contradicted himself over and over.

You have no point, you only contradict yourself, Jesus was very plain when it came to Moses, and like he said, " If they dont believe Moses, neither will they believe one who was raised from the dead.

Jesus was raised from the dead, and he did tell us to follow Moses.

The entire chapter shows Jesus redundantly saying that not only should you keep the law, he makes it harder.

Matthew 5

17Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. 18For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. 19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 23
1Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples, 2Saying, The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat: 3All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do;

Old 09-09-2021, 09:06 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,429,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Well, evidently I did misunderstand you then, and I have reasonably good comprehension skills. I will say that I have an advantage over you in one thing, and that is in my knowledge of what Mormonism teaches.
I know all I need to know. Mormonism denies eternal life by grace alone. Eternal life is in knowing God (John 17:3). But it is by Jesus Christ that all my sins are forgiven, and I am sealed. God has covenanted to love me forever. I will enjoy an intimate relationship with Him forever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity