Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2021, 04:48 PM

4,627 posts, read 1,170,418 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
Bingo !

Pas is not tis.

God is the Saviour of ALL/pas mankind, malista those who believe/ trust in Him.
You stll dont get it, its clear as day ! Christ only given some, so its pas that were given to Him.

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

Thats election
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2021, 06:09 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
You still don't get it, it is clear as day! Christ only given some, so its pas that were given to Him.
Since you get it, how do you know you are one of the elect? What is the secret password or sign of your election?

Old 09-15-2021, 07:12 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,021,446 times
Quote:
You stll dont get it, its clear as day ! Christ only given some, so its pas that were given to Him.

39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
Good grief.

Tis ls not given to the Son, the radical all of pas is given to Him. He indeed loses nothing, not leftover morsels of fish & bread; and most certainly, the entire humanity for whom He is the propitiation.

“This, in a nutshell, is that will: that everything handed over to me by the Father be completed—not a single detail missed—and at the wrap-up of time I have everything and everyone put together, upright and whole. This is what my Father wants: that anyone who sees the Son and trusts who he is and what he does and then aligns with him will enter real life, eternal life. My part is to put them on their feet alive and whole at the completion of time.” ~MSG

Old 09-16-2021, 01:50 PM

Jesus when speaking of all them the Father giveth Him, Hes speaking of His Sheep, a synonym for His Elect. Jesus is speaking again about those God the Father gave Him here in Jn 10:29

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me[Sheep], is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them[Sheep] out of my Father's hand.

Thats the same as those Jesus said earlier as being the ones the Father gives Him shall come to Him Jn 6:37

John 6:37

All that the Father giveth me shall come to me;

Old 09-16-2021, 02:00 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Since you get it, how do you know you are one of the elect? What is the secret password or sign of your election?
<crickets>
Yo, Brightfame!!

Old 09-16-2021, 02:12 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,021,446 times
Quote:
Jesus when speaking of all them the Father giveth Him, Hes speaking of His Sheep, a synonym for His Elect. Jesus is speaking again about those God the Father gave Him here in Jn 10:29

27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me[Sheep], is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them[Sheep] out of my Father's hand.

Thats the same as those Jesus said earlier as being the ones the Father gives Him shall come to Him Jn 6:37

John 6:37

All that the Father giveth me shall come to me;
You big partialist silly: every lost & broken child of Adam will one day stand changed and transformed!

Adam1 = made sinners.

Last Adam = made righteous.

The identical polus made sinners = the polus made righteous.

“This, in a nutshell, is that will: that everything handed over to me by the Father be completed—not a single detail missed—and at the wrap-up of time I have everything and everyone put together, upright and whole. This is what my Father wants: that anyone who sees the Son and trusts who he is and what he does and then aligns with him will enter real life, eternal life. My part is to put them on their feet alive and whole at the completion of time.” ~MSG

Old 09-16-2021, 02:50 PM

299 posts, read 103,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Open Theism is the idea that God doesn't know the future. Even something as trivial as what you will have for lunch tomorrow, he doesn't know.

Boyd is an Open Theist. I honestly don't know how one can think a god that is ignorant of the future can be God.

Gotta hand it to you, dude. You're right on this one.

Old 09-16-2021, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
You big partialist silly: every lost & broken child of Adam will one day stand changed and transformed!

Adam1 = made sinners.

Last Adam = made righteous.

The identical polus made sinners = the polus made righteous.

Christ was given only some to save out of mankind. The Sheep or the Elect.

Old 09-16-2021, 03:42 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,634,374 times
Quote:
Christ was given only some to save out of mankind. The Sheep or the Elect.
What about "God so loved the World"? You know, like the entire world?

If only some accept him, that's on them. Salvation is offered to all.

Old 09-16-2021, 03:46 PM

11,046 posts, read 6,634,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Humphrey View Post
Gotta hand it to you, dude. You're right on this one.
I don't know. I tend to side with Boyd. That God knows ALL possibilities of how everything could go but it's up to our free will in the end.

But this is another subject not germane to salvation so it's OK to disagree!

Boyd is not into "The wrath of God" either which I totally agree with him on.

I guess we can only go as far as our brains will take us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity