Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2021, 08:20 AM

23,141 posts, read 10,438,364 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
I dont know what you talking about, but when talking election its only a remnant. Do you know what a remnant is in scripture ?
Again, I am talking historical facts, you dont know the historical facts even though Paul explains the remnant himself.

Romans

But what saith the answer of God unto him? I have reserved to myself seven thousand men, who have not bowed the knee to the image of Baal.

That 7000 man election is of Israel, not Judah, it is the nation of Israel, not the nation of Judah

God has an election of at least 7000 in every generation.

Paul is freaking explaining he he is one of those 7000 men of Israel, NOT JUDAH.

Elijah went against the king of Israel, NOT JUDAH.

Jesus didnt come offering a Jew a betrothal to be adopted as a Jew, he is already a Jew. Jesus ONLY came seeking the lost sheep of Israel..

The entire nation of Judah are saved, it is the chosen nation but God wiped out the whole of Isrsel EXCEPT FOR 7000 ELECT MEN OF ISRAEL, THE REMNANT.

Israel is the desolate house BECAUSE GOD MADE THEM DESOLATE EXCEPT FOR A 7000 MAN REMNANT, THE ELECT.

That elect ARE the elect because they wont practice the holy days of Baal and say it's the holy days of God, LIKE YOU DO.

You come on here claiming to be the elect, when YOU PRACTICE THE HOLY DAYS OF BAAL.

By definition, YOU CANT BE THE ELECT, you follow Baal.

Paul explains his own adoption into the chosen nation, and he tells you that you can also be grafted and adopted under the promise of those 7000 elect, BUT YOU REFUSE TO STOP FOLLOWING BAAL.

Israel had the same holy days as you, that is why they died, that is why Elijah said he was the only one in the nation of Israel who was not a pagan.

You practice paganism and then you want to call yourself the elect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2021, 04:07 AM

4,627 posts, read 1,171,293 times
Mans portion is determined by the will of God, thus Paul says, " The purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of Him that calleth," ( Romans 9:11 ). Election is not based on any thing foreseen in the creature, but of the will of the God exclusively, and for His pleasure. Rev 4:11

11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Unconditional Election of some was for His Pleasure !

Old 09-21-2021, 04:43 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,097 times
Unconditional stupidity of God's created ones gives Him no pleasure.

Old 09-22-2021, 09:35 AM

Gods Glory is manifested in Unconditional Sovereign Election and Reprobation. Election is a Matter of absolute Mercy Rom 9:11-15

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

God is not obligated to have mercy on any one of us, He would have been just to punish eternally everyone for their sins against Him.

However He purposed for His own Glory to have Mercy on only some, a remnant of mankind. Moses had asked God to show him His Glory, and the Lord answred Ex 33:18,19

18 And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.

19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the Lord before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.

See that, God in responding to Moses said He will proclaim HIS NAME ! And in that proclamation we have the sacred words " and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy."

The Glory of the Lord is bound up in His Sovereign Prerogative to be merciful and gracious to whomever He pleases understanding that He can withhold the same to whomever He pleases.11

Ps 115:3

3 But our God is in the heavens: he hath done whatsoever he hath pleased.

Old 09-22-2021, 10:12 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times
Quote:
Mans portion is determined by the will of God, thus Paul says, " The purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of Him that calleth," ( Romans 9:11 ). Election is not based on any thing foreseen in the creature, but of the will of the God exclusively, and for His pleasure. Rev 4:11

11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

Unconditional Election of some was for His Pleasure !
So, he created me for life everlasting, and you for destruction?

Old 09-23-2021, 07:23 AM

Gods Glory in Election and Reprobation is that He has the right to do with His creatures, men, angels, devils etc whatever He pleases, we are as clay in a potters hand Jer 18:6

6 O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the Lord. Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.

Isa 64:8

8 But now, O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.

Rom 9:20-21

20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?

21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

And since Election denotes Gods Love for a people according to Deut 7:7

7 The Lord did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

He therefore has the right to love and choose some, and hate the rest Rom 9:13-16

13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.

15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.

Old 09-23-2021, 08:48 AM

13,611 posts, read 7,924,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Best to concern yourself with your own salvation (Philippians 2:12), and not with the state of others' souls.

We can't possibly know if we're elected for heaven or hell until the moment of our death, as we do not know the future.

I can objectively know that I'm in a state of grace at any particular moment; but how do I know I won't commit a mortal sin tomorrow and then get hit by a bus?

Old 09-23-2021, 12:12 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
BrightFame will not answer. It is a secret! Only special people know about their election. The rest of us are out of luck!

Old 09-24-2021, 01:50 PM

Election is unconditional because God has chosen His People by Grace before the foundation Eph 1:4, of course this means this means He could not have chosen them or their works. This also means it was not based upon any foreseen, works, decisions, or believing or anything they do or do not do. This is called Gods election of grace Rom 11:5-6

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Old 09-24-2021, 02:40 PM

63,791 posts, read 40,063,093 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
BrightFame will not answer. It is a secret! Only special people know about their election. The rest of us are out of luck!
Quote:
Election is unconditional because God has chosen His People by Grace before the foundation Eph 1:4, of course this means this means He could not have chosen them or their works. This also means it was not based upon any foreseen, works, decisions, or believing or anything they do or do not do. This is called Gods election of grace Rom 11:5-6

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.
But how are we to know if we are among the lucky few who have been elected? Are you? How do you know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity