Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2021, 01:22 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times

Advertisements

Revelation

And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

This is the reserved remnant of the house of Israel, it is the elect that Paul was a member of as he taught about this 7000 reserved remnant, the same elect that God informed Elijah of.

Why do the elect have to die in Revelation?

They are God's holy reserved remnant OF ISRAEL, THE ELECT. God has reserved himself 7000 Israelis in every generation, Paul was one of them in his generation

THEY DIE, and OF COURSE they must die, that is the whole plan just as Paul fulfilled it. The reader of Revelation also has to fulfill it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2021, 01:30 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I believe his answers are rote responses with very little comprehension of what he is quoting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
There are a few places on this message board where I go into greater detail on the meaning of certain scriptures that I have quoted.

On the other message board, that I am now banned from until the middle of 2022; I have taught through the book of Romans in a commentary; and I believe that if you look at that commentary, you will see that I do indeed understand much of what I read. I will try and dredge up a link to that commentary as I believe I referenced it in a thread near the beginning of my frequenting of these boards.
Quote:
Couldn't find it. So, it may have been deleted.
Quote:
I scanned through your commentaries, and stand by what I posted. I found much of your writing to be that of rambling, ranting, conjecture (the way you see it), arrogance, judgmental, condemning, legalistic, hypocritical, hellish damnation, condescending, along with your false teaching of the Penal Substitution (or as you called it; a divine exchange - to appease the wrath of a god).

"Any time you point the finger at someone else, chances are you have three fingers pointing back at you."

Perhaps, you are looking in the mirror when you point that finger?

Old 09-10-2021, 01:34 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Revelation

And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven.

This is the reserved remnant of the house of Israel, it is the elect that Paul was a member of as he taught about this 7000 reserved remnant, the same elect that God 8nformed Elijah of.

Why do the elect have to die in Revelation?

They are God's holy reserved remnant OF ISRAEL, THE ELECT.

THEY DIE, and OF COURSE they must die, that is the whole plan just as Paul fulfilled it. The reader of Revelation also has to fulfill it.

Old 09-10-2021, 05:52 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,943,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
I know all I need to know. Mormonism denies eternal life by grace alone. Eternal life is in knowing God (John 17:3). But it is by Jesus Christ that all my sins are forgiven, and I am sealed. God has covenanted to love me forever. I will enjoy an intimate relationship with Him forever.
That is true. Mormonism denies eternal life by grace alone. We are about as from from Calvinism as you can get in that regard.

By the way, all my sins have been forgiven, too. God will also love me forever and I will someday return to His presence to live with Him again. So, see, we have something in common, even though we may disagree on some other things.

Old 09-10-2021, 06:08 PM

3,220 posts, read 923,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brightfame52 View Post
Eph 1:4-7

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

Hence one of the blessings of election in Christ before the foundation of the world, it is that the chosen ones have been accepted of the Father, hence in a accepted justified state with God the Father; And this again before the foundation of the world, and before Faith in time. God is well pleased with their persons, according as He chose them in Christ before the foundation, and as Paul wrote to the Corinthian Church 1 Cor 1:30

30But of him [God the Father] are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:
Paul misleads you. The son will not.

Old 09-10-2021, 06:09 PM

1,091 posts, read 277,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
By the way, all my sins have been forgiven, too. God will also love me forever and I will someday return to His presence to live with Him again. So, see, we have something in common, even though we may disagree on some other things.
I like your spirit. Graceful and gentle.

Old 09-10-2021, 06:16 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,943,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
I like your spirit. Graceful and gentle.
Thank you so much for the nice compliment!

Old 09-10-2021, 07:18 PM

3,220 posts, read 923,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
That is true. Mormonism denies eternal life by grace alone. We are about as from from Calvinism as you can get in that regard.

Uh. No.

“Sin, because they do not believe in me.”

One must believe as Jesus described.

“He who believes in me shall do the works I do and far greater than these…”

“The works I do in my Father’s name bear witness for me.”

Whoever does the works in the Father’s name shall live and those who walk in the light of the Lord shall have the blessing of the Lord.

Old 09-10-2021, 07:25 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,349,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
“He who believes in me shall do the works I do and far greater than these…”
What works are you doing that are far greater?

Old 09-10-2021, 07:29 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,053,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
What works are you doing that are far greater?
Perhaps he is parroting the words louder, Jer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity