Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2021, 12:35 AM

299 posts, read 103,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I believe that God places the concept of freedom over and above His desire to see all people saved.

For, where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty (2 Corinthians 3:17).

Therefore, the Lord is all about freedom to choose;

And if someone chooses to reject the gift of salvation, God will honour that choice, is my belief.

It is my hope and my rational conclusion that grace is irresistible in the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2021, 12:37 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Humphrey View Post
It is my hope and my rational conclusion that grace is irresistible in the end.
I pray for souls with that idea in mind; and evangelize them as though it were not the truth.

Old 09-10-2021, 12:39 AM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,092 times
Found the link.

https://www.christianityboard.com/th...-romans.26927/

Old 09-10-2021, 04:41 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,428,386 times
Quote:
I believe that God places the concept of freedom over and above His desire to see all people saved.

And if someone chooses to reject the gift of salvation, God will honour that choice, is my belief.

Absolutely wrong. Liberty is in Christ, because those in Christ are set free from sin. That's what 2 Cor 3:17 refers to. There's a bit of a contrast here between freedom and slavery. It's best illustrated as Paul said (1 Cor 7:22):

For he that is called in the Lord, being a servant, is the Lord's freeman: likewise also he that is called, being free, is Christ's servant.

The KJV does not translate this verse correctly, because "servant" is actually "slave" in Greek - one who is not free, who is owned by another (indeed, the verse doesn't make sense as it's translated because "freeman" and "servant" are not true antonyms, but "freeman" and "slave" are).

Over and over and over again are the people of God called His slaves in the New Testament. Because if anyone is in Christ, that's the reality of his status. Not only does God unconditionally elect particular persons to eternal salvation (Rom 9:11-24), and "draw" (in Greek, it's more like "drag") His people to Christ (John 6:44), once one is in Christ, he is sealed, he is bound. Anyone who is in Christ is a slave of Christ, and is not his own, but bought with a price, and not free to leave his Master.

Old 09-10-2021, 06:56 AM

4,625 posts, read 1,170,418 times
The Eternal Election of and in Grace is essential to being saved by Grace! If we take away discriminating Election of Grace, we take away salvation by Grace, and we corrupt the Gospel of God's Grace Acts 20:24

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Old 09-10-2021, 11:40 AM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
This nonsense you keep spouting REQUIRES that someone have a perfect understanding of what they are rejecting. NONE of us do have that kind of knowledge or understanding, so to pretend we are rejecting anything while ignorant is just nonsense. That is why Jesus on the Cross made sure we know God the Father forgives us BECAUSE we know not what we do!!!

Old 09-10-2021, 12:11 PM

1,091 posts, read 277,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Absolutely wrong. Liberty is in Christ, because those in Christ are set free from sin....
I think what you might be trying to say is: Christ in us is liberty. For, all creation, including those upon the earth, are already "in Christ", now. This might sound odd to some, but here are some scriptures to support this:

Col 1:16 because in him were the all things created, those in the heavens, and those upon the earth, those visible, and those invisible, whether thrones, whether lordships, whether principalities, whether authorities; all things through him, and for him, have been created,

Act 17:28 for in Him we live, and move, and are; as also certain of your poets have said: For of Him also we are offspring.

Old 09-10-2021, 12:34 PM

63,785 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjGuru View Post
I think what you might be trying to say is: Christ in us is liberty. For, all creation, including those upon the earth, are already "in Christ", now. This might sound odd to some, but here are some scriptures to support this:

Col 1:16 because in him were the all things created, those in the heavens, and those upon the earth, those visible, and those invisible, whether thrones, whether lordships, whether principalities, whether authorities; all things through him, and for him, have been created,

Act 17:28 for in Him we live, and move, and are; as also certain of your poets have said: For of Him also we are offspring.

Old 09-10-2021, 01:11 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:
I do believe that the law has been re-defined by Christ (Hebrews 7:12) in that we are no longer bound by the letter but will be obedient to the spirit of what is written (Romans 7:6, 8:4) if we are born again.

When Jesus retunrs from on high, riding on the clouds, He is coming .
The law is spiritual, and we have been set with a task to find the spiritual law to every single law,but how will you do that when you shun the law?

Corinthians
8Say I these things as a man? or saith not the law the same also? 9For it is written in the law of Moses, Thou shalt not muzzle the mouth of the ox that treadeth out the corn. Doth God take care for oxen? 10Or saith he it altogether for our sakes? For our sakes, no doubt, this is written: that he that ploweth should plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope.

You cant cook a kid in his mother's milk.

That's the law, but what does the spirit teach of this law?

You.

You keep quoting parables and quoting Revelation that only a learned person in the law could decipher, and you are still not interested in learning the law.

The book of Revelation and all the parables concern the temple and the feasts you arent interested in learning, and you couldnt possibly learn them because you shun the law.

Not only that, very many mysteries of the parables and the whole book of Revelation can only be answered by Oral Torah. LOL, as if you would ever even look to Oral Torah.

The parables and the book of Revelation are built upon what is said and done by priests and congregation in the temple on holy days, and you cant even tell me what is said and done in the daily sacrifice, much less to tell us what is said and done in the fall high holy days.

You are continously speaking of a religion you have never studied.

You dont even realize you that the parables and the book of Revelation are depicting what is said and done in.the feasts of Jesus because you simply dont know what is said and done, it's not your religion.

Unfortunately, your complete ignorance of Judaism doesnt stop you at all, you just sit there and guess making stuff up that is completely false.

Example.

The Jew and the follower of Jesus knows why the temple observes 30 minutes of silence because they know the temple and they know their own feasts, they know what they worship while at the same time, you will take a tradition that has been practiced every year for thousands of years and because you dont know the feasts and its traditions, you just make things up as if millions of people had not kept the tradition for thousands of years.

You are like a person who never heard or seen a Christmas tree, and then you see somebody bring a tree into their house to decorate it, and those people know why they do what they do, you would just start making up things about what you think it means when you have never even heard of Christmas.

You take traditions thousands of years old that are set in stone, and you act as if it never existed and so everyone must come up with guesses.

Just like being sealed in your forehead and right hand, it concerns the law, and Jews have been wrapping their arms and wearing the Torah in their foreheads for thousands of years, and all those Jews know why they wrap their arms and seal their foreheads, they have been doing it for thousands of years because of God's laws and promises.

Then suddenly, 4000 years later Jbf is born and he reads about being sealed in his forehead, but now its it's some is that has never been heard of or practiced no matter how many millions of Jews knew the law and practiced it thousands of years, you still think it's about you guessing, about you just making up stuff concerning the laws and traditions.

Being sealed in ones forehead is not up for your guessing and making stuff up, it was ordained at Sinai, but even before God gave the law of being sealed, it was already know before the Exodus.

That is just one example, but thats what you do all day long, you take dogma, knowledge, rituals and traditions that are thousands of years old and understood by millions of people who practice them, then you jump in and start rambling acting as if nobody has ever heard of being sealed in their forehead and right arm, and it's up to all you Christian's to guess.

By the way, Jesus is not coming riding clouds lol.

Jesus comes with his cloud, what is a cloud?

Old 09-10-2021, 01:15 PM

23,138 posts, read 10,431,246 times
The election are Jews, and Gentiles who joined Jews to become Jews.

The election of Israel are those 7000 elect, the same 7000 we see die in Revelation, AND DIE THEY MUST,THE ELECTION HAS TO DIE.

Why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity