Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2021, 06:52 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
All of us deserve punishment for our sin in eternal hell.

God, being rich in mercy, elects some to salvation, regenerating and granting them faith. So no one goes to hell for not believing. People go to hell because they're sinners.
This is pure ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2021, 06:54 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,948,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
This is pure ignorance.
It's worse than ignorant. It's unfathomable in its depravity to suggest God is such a monster.

Old 09-07-2021, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
I know that things I've done deserve everlasting punishment.
You must be one horrendously wicked human being. I'm so sorry to hear that. I mean I know we disagree about a lot of things, but I can't even imagine what sins you must have committed. I hope not too many people's lives were destroyed by your depravity.

Old 09-07-2021, 06:58 PM

4,483 posts, read 1,319,170 times
Quote:
I know that things I've done deserve everlasting punishment.

But we do not need to dredge them up before the Father because they are underneath the blood.

And therefore I will not face everlasting punishment because Jesus took the penalty for my sins.
Amen, JBF! You have come to terms with the seriousness of your sins before God. That brings a humbleness on your part of gratitude for what Christ did for you on that Cross. He did for you what no one else could possibly do it in that He took your sins upon Himself that by faith in Him you are passed from judgement and found righteous in the sight of the Father.

I pray that all who read your post will come to terms with their sin as you have! It will humble the hardest of hearts to see the grace and mercy that is offered us!

Old 09-07-2021, 07:06 PM

33,225 posts, read 26,429,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
All of us deserve punishment for our sin in eternal hell.

God, being rich in mercy, elects some to salvation, regenerating and granting them faith. So no one goes to hell for not believing. People go to hell because they're sinners.
How can people go to hell because they're sinners when Jesus already died for our sins? They can't. Sin is not the issue. The issue is whether or not a person will simply trust in Jesus for eternal life. God does not grant faith. Faith is simply a response to the gospel message.

Calvinism is a screwed up theological belief system.

Old 09-07-2021, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
Calvinism is a screwed up theological belief system.
I've always kind of thought so, but being on this forum as long as I have been has convinced me of that. I literally thank God every day of my life that I was not raised this way.

Old 09-07-2021, 07:50 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
You must be one horrendously wicked human being. I'm so sorry to hear that. I mean I know we disagree about a lot of things, but I can't even imagine what sins you must have committed. I hope not too many people's lives were destroyed by your depravity.
See Jeremiah 17:9. It applies to every last one of us.

Old 09-07-2021, 07:54 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,694 times
Of course, when we are born again, we go from Jeremiah 17:9, through Ezekiel 36:25-27, to Luke 8:15.

So, it is not that I am a wicked person, it is more of who I was B.C.

While it is a trustworthy saying and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief (1 Timothy 1:15).

And therefore I own in the present moment also who I used to be.

Old 09-07-2021, 08:12 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,352,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
He should have cut-off that right hand. And plucked out his eyes.

Old 09-07-2021, 08:33 PM

Quote:
So, it is not that I am a wicked person, it is more of who I was B.C.
No, you must have been wicked to deserve to be punished forever and ever. God wouldn't punish you forever unless you'd done something truly vile -- something far worse that the Romans who crucified God's Son did. Remember, Jesus even asked His Father to forgive them because they acted in ignorance, and they sure all hell weren't repentant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity