Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2021, 04:05 PM

11,916 posts, read 3,742,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Euskalherria View Post
Questioning that myself these days...
I think most of us can relate to that, as far back as I can remember I have been aware of a wanting to know ‘the meaning’ but it is much more pronounced now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2021, 04:35 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,068,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
He doesn't and indeed He cannot be. He is infinite Glory and we cannot add to or subtract from Him.
That is really beside the point.

Old 10-06-2021, 04:38 PM

3,292 posts, read 2,375,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
The Bible does provide answers to your questions Kat. With all the good creations, Jehovah desired to make man in His image. He said to Jesus: Let us make man in our image, and they made it happen. Although the original pair chose to rebel, Jehovah chose the right avenue in allowing them to continue until we nearly extinct ourselves, so in the long run when He makes matters right, humans will realize it is best to follow God's ways.
I am no scholar of the Bible but how is it possible that Jehovah said to Jesus that they should make man in his image? Man was here long before Jesus. That conversation never could have happened.

Old 10-06-2021, 04:44 PM

1,483 posts, read 688,106 times
This may sting, but here goes...

If I were God, I would be weeping and crying "What have I done? What have I DONE!"

So much and yet so little time to explain...

Old 10-06-2021, 04:53 PM

17,853 posts, read 13,780,422 times
I believe we were put here to fight over doctrine.

Old 10-06-2021, 04:57 PM

11,916 posts, read 3,742,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Some yes, definitely

Old 10-06-2021, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Depends on whether you are a monotheist, henotheist, or a polytheist.

Old 10-06-2021, 05:16 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,224,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
...it is not by choice that billions of your fellow human beings are suffering greatly, and your not watching the news isn't changing their reality in the slightest. Not everybody enjoys life as you do.
No matter what what's going on around us, we have to be in control of our thinking. That's basic humanity 101.

Take a look at a severe example: being a prisoner of Nazi war camp, and how controlled and rational thinking got someone through it all. I'm referring to the excellent book "Man's Search For Meaning".

We have nothing like that gentleman / author faced, so we have no excuses.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 10-06-2021 at 05:39 PM..

Old 10-06-2021, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
No matter what what's going on around us, we have to be in control of our thinking. That's basic humanity 101.

Take a look at a severe example: being a prisoner of Nazi war camp, and how controlled and rational thinking got someone through it all. I'm referring to the excellent book "Man's Search For Meaning".

We have nothing like that gentleman / author faced, so we have no excuses.
*after seeing 'Threads' for the umpteenth time*

How will 'controlled and rational thinking' get anyone of us through that? And on top of that...

When I saw the 150KT warhead annihilate RAF Finningley and nearby Doncaster, I mused - out loud - "Where is God? Hmmm... Must be out to lunch..."

Old 10-06-2021, 06:02 PM

11,157 posts, read 7,224,363 times
^ Well, you can have two people in the same situation, and one is able to not let their emotions overshadow them and interfere with thinking and action; while the second is a willing emotional puppet, allowing themselves to be swung by anything and everything around them. The difference between the two is choice; one choosing wisely, the other choosing foolishly.

No one wants to take personal responsibility any more, and blames everyone and everything but his/her self (exactly where it belongs). That's the biggest sickness around, way beyond COVID. Instead of acknowledging the problem and facing it head-on, people are aiding and facilitating its growth.

The blame-game off and away from oneself will result in no improvement in life, and instead speed up our decay and downfall.

What are we doing here? Ignoring our biggest problems, feeding false issues, avoiding personal responsibility, living in denial, and promoting a world of dysfunction. That's the legacy already visible around us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity