Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2022, 04:09 PM

3,824 posts, read 1,378,692 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post
><> I Don't Want To Like It, But I Do. Sigh~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2022, 04:16 PM

2,981 posts, read 2,932,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Wow - didn't realize that they filmed part of this in Texas.
Researched a bit and found that it was Weatherford, Texas, which is not too far from me, maybe an hour.

Dug a bit deeper, and found that the upcoming 'sermon on the mount' will be filmed near Midlothian, Texas, which is directly south of Dallas.
They have apparently signed a 5-year lease at the 900acre Salvation Army Camp, which is the location! - https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...-series-chris/

there is another online article with more details here (but behind an annoying paywall) - https://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/n...idlothian.html

They also indicated that they will be returning to Goshen, Utah this year for continued filming,
- Dallas Jenkins even stating “In Utah, the Mormon Church actually built a first-century set recreation of Jerusalem that looks more authentic than almost anywhere I can find in Israel.”

I can't wait to see future episodes.
Have already started re-watching the first two seasons again...
~ Mormons Build A Recreation Of Jerusalem?
No Surprise, They Believe They're Zion.

Old 10-22-2022, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
I’ve never been able to bring myself to watch The Passion for the very reason you stated. Just singing hymns and sharing the Lord’s Supper brings me to tears. I’d be a mess watching The Passion. It would be very emotional for me.

Old 10-23-2022, 12:51 PM

1,320 posts, read 1,534,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
In theaters? Wow! Thanks for the information. My husband and I love The Chosen! Will this be followed by the remaining episodes of season three on TV?
I love The Chosen, too. Been looking forward to Season 3.

I think the Feeding of the 5000 is in Season 3. Donors from around the world were invited to be extras in the crowd scene. (This is a pay-it-forward production. Once there are enough donations to pay for the next season, it is filmed. No Hollywood involvement in this. Then, once the app becomes available, it is distributed free around the world.)

Old 10-29-2022, 10:38 AM

5,493 posts, read 7,334,934 times
I've briefly watched it. Didn't hold my interest.
Was distracted by the production, direction, costumes, scenery etc..
Gave me additional insight into the notion of " graven images", in that the movie did not bring me any closer to Jesus or my neighbor. If anything the visuals clouded my view. May have even perverted my views.

That's not to say I don't appreciate things like " guided imagery" to bring me closer to actual events.

I guess I'm not that into a production companies visual interpretation of them.

Old 10-30-2022, 03:13 PM

Some 'Christians' Are Upset Because The Jesus Character Uses
A Mormon Verse Saying "I Am The Law Of Moses".

Well, They Are On A Mormon Land Set After All.

The Movie Also Uses Catholic Saying Too.

So You're Not Really Getting The Jewish Yahshua Messiah.
Depends On The Flavor Of The Favor...

Old 10-31-2022, 05:41 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,264,560 times
Default What was your favorite episode of The Chosen?

Since I posted “The Chosen” topic quite some time ago, many of you, since then, have watched all of the available episodes.

What was your favorite one?

Old 10-31-2022, 09:17 AM

28,090 posts, read 29,943,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
Since I posted “The Chosen” topic quite some time ago, many of you, since then, have watched all of the available episodes.

What was your favorite one?
It's been so long since I watched them that I can't even remember. I think I'm going to end up binge watching the entire series once it's finished. Until then, I'm just waiting until November 18. I'm going to be the first in line to see it on the big screen.

Old 10-31-2022, 09:55 AM

3,824 posts, read 1,378,692 times
Jesus looking down then seeing His Face reflecting - then dipping his hand in the jar of water, and slowly drawing out the red wine, dripping ... my realization of HIS bleeding hands nailed on the CROSS for our sins. Very Powerful!

Old 10-31-2022, 12:39 PM

9,895 posts, read 1,264,560 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
It's been so long since I watched them that I can't even remember. I think I'm going to end up binge watching the entire series once it's finished. Until then, I'm just waiting until November 18. I'm going to be the first in line to see it on the big screen.
I did not know it would be coming to the big screen!

I watched the first four episodes of season one again last night. The first time I saw the Chosen, it was on my phone. This time I’m watching on a 55” flat screen. It’s so much better. It’ll be fantastic to see it at a theater.

My favorite of all the episodes was when Peter, Andrew, James and John has fished all night without catching anything. Then Jesus comes along and tells them to lower their nets. I felt like I was on shore watching when the their nets were filled with so many fish. What a miracle it was! I could only imagine what it would have been like to have been there. It brought tears to my eyes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity