Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2021, 07:07 PM

63,840 posts, read 40,128,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
https://graceambassadors.com/midacts...e-grace-of-god

The gospel during Christ's earthly ministry could not be the same as Paul's the cross hadn't happened til the end of the earthly ministry.......
This little detail is what has caused the confusion. It was compounded by the misinterpretations of Christ's sacrifice on the Cross as APPEASEMENT of God's wrath instead of as a REVELATION of God's True Nature of agape love and forgiveness. That has been a MAJOR corruption of the Gospel of Grace AFTER the death of Paul by the followers and believers in the Gospel of the Kingdom and a wrathful God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2021, 07:55 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,458,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This little detail is what has caused the confusion. It was compounded by the misinterpretations of Christ's sacrifice on the Cross as APPEASEMENT of God's wrath instead of as a REVELATION of God's True Nature of agape love and forgiveness. That has been a MAJOR corruption of the Gospel of Grace AFTER the death of Paul by the followers and believers in the Gospel of the Kingdom and a wrathful God.
Christ's Sacrifice of the Cross were necessary to end the Temple animal and grain sacrifices and fulfill the prophecies of Old. God only allowed these sacrifices in the first place to appease to the Hebrews' desire for ceremonies similar to their pagan neighbors because they lacked the understanding pre-Incarnation.

After the Resurrection, the grace of God was able to be revealed. Christ's Law replaced Moses' Law. It's not a coincidence that God allowed the temple to be destroyed 40 years later. Roman soldiers entered the Holy of Holies without being struck dead and the entire temple was cut down from the mountain. The old sacrifices have been replaced with the commemoration of the death of Christ and his resurrection, so the temple and its ceremonies are no longer needed.

This has been the orthodox Christian position for the past 2,000 years. In contrast, the linked article was full of psychobabble, which was concocted within the past 2 centuries.

Old 11-03-2021, 03:52 AM

614 posts, read 173,278 times
I think that the 144.000 are described as virgins who haven't been with women because the symbolism is dealing with individuals who believe, but don't belong to any worship group. They don't have a Church home. It makes you wonder what sort of situation would provoke God to seek and seal those people? I am a universalist. I believe God loves all people. Everyone will be saved through Jesus, but some as through fire. I can see why God would do that.

Old 11-03-2021, 06:12 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,278,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
Perhaps you have never read Isaiah 22 - the traditional office of the steward was long established - Jesus just needed to once again 'throw down' the current leadership and then appoint another, Peter, to the office, just as He did Eliakim. (note that even Eliakim's line was prophesized to eventually fall -Isaiah 22:25 , but Peters would never fail - Matthew 16:18), so you're gonna have to throw out Jewish tradition as well - things Our Lord firmly established!

I thought you said you've read the bible?
Your post is a cut and paste. It would be impossible for you to have come to this conclusion from your own personal study. What is so sad is that the Catholic Church knows its people will believe anything they tell them, regardless of how ridiculous. This is a major problem amongst Catholics. You allow someone else to do your thinking for you. Don’t you get it? Jesus said not only will the blind guides suffer eternal punishment, but so will those who follow them.

Here are my personal study notes from when I studied the book of Isaiah.

Isaiah 22:15-25.
Shebna was treasurer. He held the highest office next to King Hezekiah. He was a prideful man. God, in His wrath, removed Shebna from office. He was carried away into captivity where he would eventually die. Eliakim would take the place of Shebna. Eliakim started out as a servant of God in both heart and conduct but eventually he fell also.

Eliakim being treasurer to the King has absolutely nothing to do with Apostolic succession. Jesus chose 12 men to be His Apostles. Their job was to preach and teach what Jesus had taught them. All Christians are to carry on the work of the Apostles.

Try studying for yourself. You’ll be shocked at the amount of false teachings you’ve accepted.

Old 11-03-2021, 06:27 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,032,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Am I a Prophet View Post
I think that the 144.000 are described as virgins who haven't been with women because the symbolism is dealing with individuals who believe, but don't belong to any worship group. They don't have a Church home. It makes you wonder what sort of situation would provoke God to seek and seal those people? I am a universalist. I believe God loves all people. Everyone will be saved through Jesus, but some as through fire. I can see why God would do that.

There is no free ride

Our God shall be all in all. The fire of His Presence tests the quality of the building materials. In the end of the testing thru the fire many shall suffer great loss, but be saved (sozo).

Old 11-03-2021, 06:56 AM

9,895 posts, read 1,278,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post

There is no free ride

Our God shall be all in all. The fire of His Presence tests the quality of the building materials. In the end of the testing thru the fire many shall suffer great loss, but be saved (sozo).
This is off topic.

Old 11-03-2021, 10:39 AM

3,831 posts, read 1,386,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
Your post is a cut and paste. It would be impossible for you to have come to this conclusion from your own personal study. What is so sad is that the Catholic Church knows its people will believe anything they tell them, regardless of how ridiculous. This is a major problem amongst Catholics. You allow someone else to do your thinking for you. Don’t you get it? Jesus said not only will the blind guides suffer eternal punishment, but so will those who follow them.

Here are my personal study notes from when I studied the book of Isaiah.

Isaiah 22:15-25.
Shebna was treasurer. He held the highest office next to King Hezekiah. He was a prideful man. God, in His wrath, removed Shebna from office. He was carried away into captivity where he would eventually die. Eliakim would take the place of Shebna. Eliakim started out as a servant of God in both heart and conduct but eventually he fell also.

Eliakim being treasurer to the King has absolutely nothing to do with Apostolic succession. Jesus chose 12 men to be His Apostles. Their job was to preach and teach what Jesus had taught them. All Christians are to carry on the work of the Apostles.

Try studying for yourself. You’ll be shocked at the amount of false teachings you’ve accepted.
Shebna was 'master of the palace,' - haz·zeh has·sō·ḵên al- hab·bā·yiṯ
(meaning master/steward/comptroller/governor of the palace) not just 'treasurer' in a modern sense:

"Thus says the Lord, the GOD of hosts: Up, go to that official, Shebna, master of the palace..." Isaiah 22:15

Funny how God repeats things in scripture, three or more times, so that even a blind squirrel can find the nut:
Genesis 41:39-40 - "So Pharaoh said to Joseph: “Since God has made all this known to you, there is no one as discerning and wise as you are. You shall be in charge of my household, and all my people will obey your command. Only in respect to the throne will I outrank you."
1 Kings 4:6 - "Ahishar-palace administrator;..."
1 Kings 18:3 - "and Ahab had summoned Obadiah, his palace administrator"

In those days, it seems to have been the highest office that a subject could hold:
2 Chronicles 26:21 - "King Uzziah .... Jotham his son had charge of the palace and governed the people of the land."
2 Kings 18:18 - "They called for the king; and Eliakim son of Hilkiah the palace administrator, Shebna the secretary, and Joah son of Asaph the recorder went out to them."

so, impossible ?

Old 11-03-2021, 12:59 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,032,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
This is off topic.
MissKate: There is one thing the Lord of Life requires of us.

"What does the Lord require of you?

To act justly, and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."

Old 11-03-2021, 01:35 PM

20,443 posts, read 12,801,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
MissKate: There is one thing the Lord of Life requires of us.

"What does the Lord require of you?

To act justly, and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God."
That’s 3 things. ???

Old 11-03-2021, 02:00 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,376,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
That’s 3 things. ???
Anal retentive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity