Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2021, 03:16 PM

13,626 posts, read 7,954,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissKate12 View Post
If it doesn’t matter if we are Catholic, Baptist or Methodist, then why did Jude say we must contend for THE faith which was ONCE delivered to the saints. Which faith are we to contend for, the Catholic faith, Baptist faith, Methodist faith? Contending for THE FAITH requires that we know what THE FAITH is, and it requires judgement. We don’t judge people, but we are to judge doctrine. That’s what contending for the faith means. It’s pointing out false doctrine. Where do we find THE FAITH if not in the word of God?
The written word of God is only part of it. It is not the entirety of The Faith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2021, 03:17 PM

9,895 posts, read 1,278,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Duval View Post
church of Acts 4?
There is only ONE church. It’s spoken of in Acts 4 and throughout the rest of the NT.

Old 11-01-2021, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
No.
How do you explain Hebrews 10:24-25?

Old 11-01-2021, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
The written word of God is only part of it. It is not the entirety of The Faith.
Did Jude lie? He said contend earnestly for THE FAITH which was ONCE FOR ALL delivered to the saints. Jude 3

The faith is the truths the apostles had given to believers.

Old 11-01-2021, 03:25 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
If it doesn’t matter if we are Catholic, Baptist or Methodist, then why did Jude say we must contend for THE faith which was ONCE delivered to the saints. Which faith are we to contend for, the Catholic faith, Baptist faith, Methodist faith? Contending for THE FAITH requires that we know what THE FAITH is, and it requires judgement. We don’t judge people, but we are to judge doctrine. That’s what contending for the faith means. It’s pointing out false doctrine. Where do we find THE FAITH if not in the word of God?
Oh I agree with you that there is to be a contention for the faith, but as Paul tells us in Corinthians there are different parts all of which have been purposefully set up, and ordained from the beginning in succession

This has to do with what Christianity is, and it also forgetting what it’s purpose was/is/will be and because of that it comes under judgement

Mat 1:21**And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Mat 1:22**Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
Mat 1:23**Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Gal 3:24**Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25**But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
Gal 3:26**For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27**For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28**There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29**And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Rom 1:19**Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
Rom 1:20**For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Rom 1:21**Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22**Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23**And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom 1:24**Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25**Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 11-01-2021 at 03:41 PM..

Old 11-01-2021, 03:26 PM

13,626 posts, read 7,954,764 times
Quote:
Did Jude lie? He said contend earnestly for THE FAITH which was ONCE FOR ALL delivered to the saints. Jude 3

The faith is the truths the apostles had given to believers.
No, of course Jude did not lie.

I agree with you here. Where do you see me disagreeing with Jude?

Old 11-01-2021, 03:40 PM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,732 times
Quote:
There is only ONE church. It’s spoken of in Acts 4 and throughout the rest of the NT.
So, you did not see difference between Jerusalem Church and Paul's teaching?
Acts 4 describes Essenes type of community, was it the same with Paul's converts? Modern US churches?

Old 11-01-2021, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Oh I agree with you that there is to be a contention for the faith, but as Paul tells us in Corinthians there are different parts all of which have been purposefully set up, and ordained from the beginning in succession

This has to do with what Christianity is, and it also forgetting what it’s purpose was/is/will be and because of that it comes under judgement

Mat 1:21**And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins.
Mat 1:22**Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying,
Mat 1:23**Behold, a virgin shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.

Gal 3:24**Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
Gal 3:25**But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.
Gal 3:26**For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:27**For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28**There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.
Gal 3:29**And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Rom 1:19**Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
Rom 1:20**For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
Rom 1:21**Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
Rom 1:22**Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,
Rom 1:23**And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.
Rom 1:24**Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own by bodies between themselves:
Rom 1:25**Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Agree! I think you may be referring to “And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, (Eph Elian’s 4:11-12). I believe my Christian role is teacher. And teaching comes in many forms.

Old 11-01-2021, 04:09 PM

11,898 posts, read 3,709,906 times
Quote:
Agree! I think you may be referring to “And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ, (Eph Elian’s 4:11-12). I believe my Christian role is teacher. And teaching comes in many forms.

Old 11-01-2021, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
No, of course Jude did not lie.

I agree with you here. Where do you see me disagreeing with Jude?
You said the written word was only part of it. If you are referring to the oral statements of the Apostles, who spoke by inspiration, then I would agree with you, but if you are referring to writings outside of God’s word then I disagree.

Let me be clear. The last Apostle who spoke by inspiration was John. Claims by the RCC of apostolic succession are hogwash.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity