Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2009, 01:08 PM

11 posts, read 31,836 times

Advertisements

Speaking of food in Bond Hill, my mom used to love going to the White Castle at California & Reading (they were 12cents then) and my first ever Big Mac came from the McDonalds in Bond Hill.

Yeah, that's where I ate my first McDonald's too. It was when you could get a hamburger, fries and a drink for under a dollar.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2009, 01:29 PM

I lived in Bond Hill from 1962 to 1966, so we may have crossed paths. I remember walking to school past the Chili Time on Reading as it was being built, wondering what it was going to turn out to be. I ate the first chili of my life there as a matter of fact. A different route to Bond Hill Ele would take me past the Pony Keg and Pool as I cut through the Catholic school playground and came out by B's.

Old 07-07-2009, 01:41 PM

I have my second grade class photo with Mrs Tavlin stored away somewhere. The school year would have been 62-63. My strongest memory is that she was determined to "fix" my Kentucky accent. Reading aloud in class was a nightmare and the entire class would groan when it was my turn. She'd make me repeat words over and over. Teasing on the playground followed.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:50 PM

88 posts, read 233,141 times
OMG - Ron's was my true hangout! I really was the yougest one there - for once just not fudging on age! But I was underage and drank right next to the liquor agents! Since Mom owned the Well, they knew me anyway. The last time I was in there was in the mid 80's. But from 1974 til 1979, it was like a second home. And I made friends there with people who were so protective of me and in my life until they moved on to that great "hunt Club in the sky"! It was just south of the Valley Shopping Center. You could enter Ron's parking lot from the Valley parking lot, or there was a side street just to the south of Ron's that you could enter from. It was in the same building as Gladys Fuller's hair salon - Gladys owned the hair salon on the first floor and Ron's was owned by Gladys' husband Ron and it was in the basement. One thing that was pretty cool about it was that there was a hand painted picture on one whole wall of people who had come in from the Old English hunt in their riding attire and their hunting dogs - and they were all drinking in the painting. It was sold to a "men's club" and then there was a fire and then it was razed to the ground. That was sometime in the late 90's. Oh but what a time we all had there through the years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
That's awesome, I love it whenever an old favorite can keep on keepin' on.
Did anybody "reading" (lol) this thread ever go to Ron's Hunt Club in Roselawn? They changed with the times - and the neighborhood - successfully but were no more by circa 2000. Since I still wasn't "old enough" to go there or to any other liquor-selling establishment legally when I moved away, I don't remember exactly where that place was located. These days it's probably been reincarnated as one of the spots in that part of town which are no stranger to trouble and seem to inevitably be named with "Club" as a preface.

Old 07-08-2009, 11:34 PM

4,888 posts, read 13,832,767 times
Wow, one can only hope there's at least a photo of that painting somewhere.

Old 07-10-2009, 09:38 AM

17,581 posts, read 13,355,792 times
The conversation on Ron's Hunt Club mad me think about something else. Wasn't there a go-go bar across the street (East side of RR) somewhere between Bilkers and Chili Time?

Cant remember the name.

Old 07-10-2009, 12:13 PM

311 posts, read 1,754,082 times
Default Go-Go bar

Could that be the Blue Fox? A club by this name was in that
general location in the early 1970's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
The conversation on Ron's Hunt Club mad me think about something else. Wasn't there a go-go bar across the street (East side of RR) somewhere between Bilkers and Chili Time?

Cant remember the name.

Old 07-10-2009, 03:39 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,355,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiddleCincinnati View Post
Could that be the Blue Fox? A club by this name was in that
general location in the early 1970's.
That's it, owned by Bobbie and her husband Kenny.

Old 07-12-2009, 02:13 AM

4,888 posts, read 13,832,767 times
Wasn't there also a spot of questionable repute (though without shootings and stabbings) called the Why Not Lounge in that vicinity?
I think "My Room" on Pike St in Reading, just off RR, is still in business. But something tells me it's gotten tamer since their first years, when "exotic dancers" were prominently mentioned in radio commercials. My hunch is based on all the uproar over the "Barbie Cue" mannequin in front of KT's.

Old 07-12-2009, 06:47 PM

311 posts, read 1,754,082 times
Default Lounging

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyguy View Post
Wasn't there also a spot of questionable repute (though without shootings and stabbings) called the Why Not Lounge in that vicinity?
Oh yeah - the Why Not Lounge had been around for quite
a while. I cannot recall the location, though. Anyone?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Ohio > Cincinnati