Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Seattle vs Dallas which city do you prefer?
Seattle 259 67.98%
Dallas 122 32.02%
Voters: 381. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 07:58 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,732,359 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterfart View Post
I did?

Dallas is about as interesting as a pubic hair on a toilet.

I mean, sure, maybe to Texans its cosmopolitan, and vast, and worldly, but then theres New York, and Philadelphia, and Boston, and DC, San Francisco, Los Angeles, etc.

Dallas probably clocks in at oh.... 25 or so.
You should quit talking. Youre trying too hard kiddo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2015, 11:37 PM

9,818 posts, read 7,921,318 times
Quote:
I did?

I mean, sure, maybe to Texans its cosmopolitan, and vast, and worldly, but then theres New York, and Philadelphia, and Boston, and DC, San Francisco, Los Angeles, etc.

How classy. Trying to figure out exactly which part of the Country you could possibly be from....

Old 02-03-2015, 12:07 AM

1,795 posts, read 3,165,810 times
Quote:
I did?

Each to their own. Btw your not hurting Dallas let alone Texas by cussing at it.

Old 02-03-2015, 03:22 AM

1,624 posts, read 2,035,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
Each to their own. Btw your not hurting Dallas let alone Texas by cussing at it.
Texas gets so much hate on this site its laughable.

Old 02-03-2015, 07:11 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,732,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMatl View Post
How classy. Trying to figure out exactly which part of the Country you could possibly be from....
The overwhelmingly diverse city of Utica, NY.

Old 02-03-2015, 01:25 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,594,512 times
Wow. This thread really took a turn for the childish. Not that I'm surprised. This is City-Data after all.

Bottom line (IMO) is that these are just two very different cities. Each has their own set of pros and cons, and each attracts (for the most part) very different personality types into their population. I personally prefer Seattle, but I certainly don't hate Dallas, and have no need to slam Dallas just because I'd much rather live in Seattle. There are a few categories in the criteria posted by the OP where Dallas is the clear and obvious winner. It doesn't mean that either city is "better" than the other.

People in these forums always have to turn everything into a "my city is better than your city" pi$$ing match. It's so predictable and boring. Just accept the fact that different people have different preferences, and get over it.

Old 02-07-2015, 03:05 PM

157 posts, read 192,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mega man View Post
Well you and several others did say that Seattle wins everything except COL. "Everything" would seem to include diversity. Just saying.
I said almost everything. I really don't see diversity as a negative or positive necessarily, just as long as the population isn't overwhelmingly West European like most cities in the U.S.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfoe View Post
So life in Dallas sucks??? Ppl in real life seem to like Dallas but on CD Texas cities get alot of hate.
DFW does suck. It's earned it's reputation as has Texas. Texas year end and year out gets voted the most hated state in America and the state the rest of us wish we could vote out. POLL: How Americans Feel About The States - Business Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by things and stuff View Post
Seattle is more diverse in personality and interests. DFW has a lot of group-think and a lot of keeping up with the Jones. The race of people is t important to me. I'm Asian and I can't stand it when people like you put me in some Asian category as if it's what defines me.
Not even more diverse in interests. But I do agree with you that there's different types of diversity, not just racial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoninATX View Post
Wow some serious Dallas haters on this site.
DFW sucks! Bad food, bad drivers, bad freeways, bad gyms, bad customer service, bad politics, bad weather, horrible bug problem, bad public service system. There's just too many things that completely suck concerning DFW and there's not enough good to counter all the negative.

Quote:
I did?

Very well said.

Old 02-07-2015, 06:01 PM

5,287 posts, read 5,784,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingForAChange View Post
Seattle, and its not even close. Food, drivers, public services, weather, and almost anything else you can think of goes to Seattle. The only category that DFW wins is in COL... BUT, as the saying goes, you get what you pay for.
Quote:
I said almost everything. I really don't see diversity as a negative or positive necessarily, just as long as the population isn't overwhelmingly West European like most cities in the U.S.

DFW does suck. It's earned it's reputation as has Texas. Texas year end and year out gets voted the most hated state in America and the state the rest of us wish we could vote out. POLL: How Americans Feel About The States - Business Insider

Not even more diverse in interests. But I do agree with you that there's different types of diversity, not just racial.

DFW sucks! Bad food, bad drivers, bad freeways, bad gyms, bad customer service, bad politics, bad weather, horrible bug problem, bad public service system. There's just too many things that completely suck concerning DFW and there's not enough good to counter all the negative.

Very well said.
That's not what I read.

Quote:
Seattle, and its not even close. Food, drivers, public services, weather, and almost anything else you can think of goes to Seattle. The only category that DFW wins is in COL... BUT, as the saying goes, you get what you pay for.
Texas being hated by the rest of a mostly bland and cultureless nation is damn near something to be proud of in my opinion. Especially since the average American has little experience with the state outside of what they see on television. Maybe if they've actually been there they have some knowledge of its airports, suburbs or freeways.

Old 02-07-2015, 06:58 PM

515 posts, read 557,906 times
Quote:
I did?

He's from the Land of Haters....

All I know is if you have a lot of people hating on you, it means you're doing something right...

Keep it up Texas. No love from C-D thats for sure.

Old 02-07-2015, 07:39 PM

157 posts, read 192,132 times
Quote:
That's not what I read.
Please read it again.

Quote:
Texas being hated by the rest of a mostly bland and cultureless nation is damn near something to be proud of in my opinion. Especially since the average American has little experience with the state outside of what they see on television. Maybe if they've actually been there they have some knowledge of its airports, suburbs or freeways.
Well, the average American may have little experience outside of their own state, but that's not me. In my twenty something years I have lived in 5 states and have visited a few dozen cities. DFW is definitely on the lower half in terms of most everything imaginable that one could want in a city.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City