Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Seattle vs Dallas which city do you prefer?
Seattle 259 67.98%
Dallas 122 32.02%
Voters: 381. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 06:55 PM

1,207 posts, read 1,282,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevanXL View Post
I think Seattle beats Dallas in diversity. People in city data tend to Look at the demographics and call that diversity. In my point of view diversity is integrated into the culture, it's how everyone interacts with eachother. In city's in the "South" the problem is the minorities tend to be the poorest people in the city those mostly concentrated in low income areas. You don't see the children interacting much with many schools in suburban areas still mostly white. It is true a more diverse range of people live there but it is far from as intergrated and a diversified as Seattle. There is less of an income inequality and people area more excepting of all cultures here, especially the youth of the Seattle area.
This is incorrect. As far as integration, Dallas ranks at 64% segregated and Seattle ranks at 58%. Not much different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2014, 08:18 PM

14 posts, read 25,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlando-calrissian View Post
This is incorrect. As far as integration, Dallas ranks at 64% segregated and Seattle ranks at 58%. Not much different.
If I may ask, where are you getting that statistic from sir?

Old 01-27-2015, 12:10 AM

391 posts, read 453,910 times
Dallas just cuz everyone is on Seattle's jock

Old 01-27-2015, 10:43 AM

172 posts, read 292,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterlemonjello View Post
Well, anyway:

Food: tie overall. Seattle has fresher produce, seafood, and the restaurants are more creative. Dallas has more ethnic variety and generally better ethnic food overall (sans Filipino, Chinese, and Japanese). The beef is also better in Dallas.
Seattle has far better Thai and Vietnamese than Dallas. Not even close. Also better Ethiopian.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:01 AM

591 posts, read 820,740 times
Seattle.

Except COL and traffic.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:49 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,687,417 times
I lived in Dallas for 15 years and have always wanted to live in Seattle after a few visits. Seattle wins hands down as far as I'm concerned.

-COL: Dallas
-Food: Seattle
-weather: Seattle. Anyone thinking Dallas needs to spend a summer there. Preferably August when it averages triple digits. Seattle is a moderate climate. No extremes. Can't beat that.
-education: I don't know
-economy: push
-architecture: Seattle
-diversity: Seattle
-sports culture: Push
-scenery: Seattle
-outdoors activity: Seattle
-shopping: Dallas
-who has the worse traffic: I don't know
-transit: Seattle
-Best overall QOL: Seattle

Old 01-27-2015, 03:49 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,744,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernard_ View Post
Seattle has far better Thai and Vietnamese than Dallas. Not even close. Also better Ethiopian.
Thai, perhaps so. Vietnamese? DFW has the 4th largest Vietnamese community in the US. Larger and older than in Seattle. I know Seattle has great Vietnamese food too. Both are top notch. Ethiopian is a wash. Both are good, though the African population is much larger in Dallas overall.

Ill stand by what I said. Ethnic food on the whole has more variety in Dallas.

Last edited by Cowboys fan in Houston; 01-27-2015 at 04:08 PM..

Old 01-27-2015, 03:50 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,744,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankhharu View Post
I lived in Dallas for 15 years and have always wanted to live in Seattle after a few visits. Seattle wins hands down as far as I'm concerned.

-COL: Dallas
-Food: Seattle
-weather: Seattle. Anyone thinking Dallas needs to spend a summer there. Preferably August when it averages triple digits. Seattle is a moderate climate. No extremes. Can't beat that.
-education: I don't know
-economy: push
-architecture: Seattle
-diversity: Seattle
-sports culture: Push
-scenery: Seattle
-outdoors activity: Seattle
-shopping: Dallas
-who has the worse traffic: I don't know
-transit: Seattle
-Best overall QOL: Seattle
Anyone who thinks Seattle is more diverse than Dallas would have to be statistically blind. There is no metric for which Seattle is more diverse unless you isolate the Asian community by itself.

Old 01-27-2015, 03:51 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,469,326 times
Dallas.. the people are way more friendly and the women are way better looking than Rainy City.

Old 01-27-2015, 04:08 PM

591 posts, read 820,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Dallas.. the people are way more friendly and the women are way better looking than Rainy City.
Lol Wildcat went to Seattle and got rejected by all the girls he followed around

You trying to find all the Seattle threads and talk about how much you hate it?
You even mentioned how much better Cleveland is than Seattle in the other thread.
Man you got me laughing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City