Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Seattle vs Dallas which city do you prefer?
Seattle 259 67.98%
Dallas 122 32.02%
Voters: 381. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 04:10 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,467,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dapper23 View Post
Lol Wildcat went to Seattle and got rejected by all the girls he followed around

You trying to find all the Seattle threads and talk about how much you hate it?
You even mentioned how much better Cleveland is than Seattle in the other thread.
Man you got me laughing
You got me figured out man, you are the real MVP man.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 04:59 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,868,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Dallas.. the people are way more friendly and the women are way better looking than Rainy City.
I thought you said you've never been to Seattle, how would you know?

Old 01-27-2015, 05:05 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,739,757 times
Before my responses get scrutinized, I love Seattle. I really do. But I believe in giving credit where credit is due. There are many categories where Seattle is better and many where Dallas is better. The problem is that people always labor under a false pretense of Dallas due to stereotypes, but Seattle is a beloved on CD. Dallas has a stigma that it always has to overvome from people who dont know the city or because it sprawls quite a lot. Seattle has no stigma to overcome.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:53 PM

2,341 posts, read 3,596,140 times
Two very different cities/metros. I've lived in both, and to me they're almost night and day... but here's my take:

COL - Dallas. Seattle is very expensive.
Food - Seattle, though Dallas is no slouch in this category.
Weather - Seattle. People will make the argument about the long rainy (more like "drizzly") season, but some of us actually like that weather, and Seattle's dry, mild, and sunny summers more than make up for it. Dallas summers were pure HELL for me, and the occasional winter ice storms throw the city into a state of chaos when they happen.
Education - Seattle. It's the most educated city in the nation.
Economy - Both have strong economies. Toss-up here.
Architecture - Seattle by far
Diversity - Probably Dallas, though I think Seattle gets unfairly pigeonholed on this site as some supposed "all-white" mecca, which really isn't accurate. I think Dallas is more ethnically diverse, but Seattle is very culturally diverse.
Sports culture - Dallas has more pro-sports teams, but Seattleites are extremely passionate about their Seahawks. I also prefer the downtown sports venues.
Scenery - Seattle by a very wide margin. Very few cities have scenery that can compete with Seattle.
Outdoor Activity - Seattle.
Shopping - It's close, but Dallas has the edge here for high-end shopping alone.
Traffic - Both cities/metros have horrible traffic, but because Seattle is locked in East/West by water and mountains, it has worse traffic. DFW has a better and more extensive freeway network. Seattle's traffic is probably it's biggest negative point.
Transit - no idea these days. I think Dallas has a more extensive rail network.
Best overall - For me? Seattle by a long shot.

Last edited by Bobloblawslawblog; 01-27-2015 at 08:07 PM..

Old 01-27-2015, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Dallas.. the people are way more friendly and the women are way better looking than Rainy City.
You really have a hate-on for Seattle, I've noticed. That's fine. It's not for everybody, but I sometimes see you go out of your way to put it down. Not in this particular thread, but I've seen you do it in a few other threads.

Just an observation.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert_SW_77 View Post
The Seattle freeze is also a factor sometimes as well. Texans tend to be more extroverted in both friendliness and other not so friendly ways, so its easier to recognize how accepting or open minded people can be. Not to generalize Seattle either as there are extroverted gestures exchanged there, but there is an element of freeze and indifference that exists there that has topic of many local C-D thread discussions in Seattle.
And it really is mainly just a C-D thing. I had never even heard of this "Seattle Freeze" thing until I read about it on this site, and people really talk it up here. I've lived in 8 different major U.S. metros throughout the course of my 51 years of life, and from my experience, Seattleites (on the whole) are no more "cold", passive-aggressive, or introverted than people were anywhere else I've lived.

Now granted, many Texans are far more extroverted and proud of where they're from than in most other places... but just because Seattleites don't show it as much, doesn't mean that they're somehow less friendly or welcoming than in other places. I had no problems whatsoever when I first moved to Seattle striking up conversations with strangers or making new friends.

I think this "freeze" thing gets really heavily exaggerated in C-D forums.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:27 PM

4,918 posts, read 6,467,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobloblawslawblog View Post
You really have a hate-on for Seattle, I've noticed. That's fine. It's not for everybody, but I sometimes see you go out of your way to put it down. Not in this particular thread, but I've seen you do it in a few other threads.

Just an observation.
Don't really care that much. Thanks for asking. IM Thankful. Yeah.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Don't really care that much. Thanks for asking. IM Thankful. Yeah.
Ok, but you could have fooled me (about not caring) with the amount of sideways jabs I've seen you take at Seattle in several of your posts in various threads, but no big deal. We all have our cities/states/regions that we don't like. For the record, I wasn't asking anything.

Like I said, just an observation. Nothing personal.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:41 PM

251 posts, read 307,704 times
Seattle quite easily.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:20 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
I like both but I pick Dallas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City