Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which Mega City Skyline is your favorite?
Chicago 149 41.39%
New York 211 58.61%
Voters: 360. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 06:45 PM

1,066 posts, read 1,559,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsteelerfan View Post
The "emoticon" was invented in Pittsburgh (Carnegie Mellon). So, us Pittsburgh'ers, we're allowed to use them whenever we feel like it!....
Did Pittsburgh invent possessive pronouns too? That's what had me confused earlier.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:48 PM

1,437 posts, read 3,073,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasS6 View Post
What do you mean 'dropped'? Tony's are what matters in plays- not Oscars so I'm not sure why you brought them up. And no, plays are not the epitome of culture. How provincial do you have to be to think that?
When I said that Broadway has, "Oscar winners", headling their shows, as opposed to Vegas, you came back with the "Tony" remark. You just got "handled" like Dementor does to you ( all the time).............

I guess that Vegas has better musuems than NYC too? Art galleries?......

Old 03-28-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendu View Post
Did Pittsburgh invent possessive pronouns too? That's what had me confused earlier.
No, but we also didn't invent being 'anal' either.................

Old 03-28-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
No, but we also didn't invent being 'anal' either.................
How many people are in NYC again? Ha.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
How many people are in NYC again? Ha.
Under cutting NYC's population by over 1 million people is a big deal. That's more than 1/3 of Chicago's TOTAL population!.............

Old 03-28-2009, 06:58 PM

734 posts, read 2,054,151 times
Quote:
When I said that Broadway has, "Oscar winners", headling their shows, as opposed to Vegas, you came back with the "Tony" remark.
I just assumed you didn't know what you were talking about, because again WHY do Oscars matter in plays, which are awarded Tony's for their quality? I didn't think you could've meant that, because....why?

Quote:
You just got "handled" like Dementor does to you ( all the time).............
Like when? Like when he thought the John Hancock building wasn't anything special in architectural circles and was proven wrong? Like when he thoughthat NY had better architecture than Chicago and was proven wrong? Or was it the time that he said there were no international events or more celebrities than Jordan and Oprah living in Chicago and was proven wrong? Or do you just mean the time he said he lived in Chicago, then said he visited a lot, and was caught lying about both?

Which time was it again?

Quote:
I guess that Vegas has better musuems than NYC too? Art galleries?......
LOL WTF does this have to do with anything? Why would you even think that or think anyone ever even insinuated that? Are you half-retarded or something? Nevermind, don't answer that- I remember when you thought College park was an unaccredited school in the 'Carribean' and didn't even bother to google it afterwards and kept going with it. And you ridiculed actual research in light of random anecdotal experience. I think we all know the answer, actually.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Under cutting NYC's population by over 1 million people is a big deal. That's more than 1/3 of Chicago's TOTAL population!.............
And your sentence had a completely different meaning than you wanted. It is a big deal. I also put a plus after 7 mil to cover myself but whatevs floats your boat.

What's the last comment you made about the skyline?

Serious question for those in the know: Is the Empire State Building occupied by tenants? I'm just wondering how her functionality has held up.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
And your sentence had a completely different meaning than you wanted. It is a big deal. I also put a plus after 7 mil to cover myself but whatevs floats your boat.

What's the last comment you made about the skyline?

Serious question for those in the know: Is the Empire State Building occupied by tenants? I'm just wondering how her functionality has held up.
You should've put a "+" on the end of a 8, not a 7! NYC makes Chicago look and feel, like a 'cow-town' out in the middle of the Midwest! Period!

You didn't even know that NYC has a population over 8 million?...... Why are you even commenting on here........

Old 03-28-2009, 07:20 PM

Just to get this away from troll city since it is a serious question and it's skyline related:

Is the Empire State Building occupied by tenants? I'm just wondering how her functionality has held up.

Here's the building I'll be working in as of 4/6. 300 North LaSalle This is going to be a really cool experience in my professional life, being able to experience a brand-new building untouched by previous employees. I've done the tour and it has a new skyscraper smell.

Old 03-28-2009, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucasS6 View Post
I just assumed you didn't know what you were talking about, because again WHY do Oscars matter in plays, which are awarded Tony's for their quality? I didn't think you could've meant that, because....why?

Like when? Like when he thought the John Hancock building wasn't anything special in architectural circles and was proven wrong? Like when he thoughthat NY had better architecture than Chicago and was proven wrong? Or was it the time that he said there were no international events or more celebrities than Jordan and Oprah living in Chicago and was proven wrong? Or do you just mean the time he said he lived in Chicago, then said he visited a lot, and was caught lying about both?

Which time was it again?

LOL WTF does this have to do with anything? Why would you even think that or think anyone ever even insinuated that? Are you half-retarded or something? Nevermind, don't answer that- I remember when you thought College park was an unaccredited school in the 'Carribean' and didn't even bother to google it afterwards and kept going with it. And you ridiculed actual research in light of random anecdotal experience. I think we all know the answer, actually.
You said that, "Broadway shows are not the high end of culture". so I was pointing out the othe "culture things" that NYC has!

Who would you rather watch, a "Tony winner" or an "Oscar winner"? Even if we're talking about Broadway. I think most people would agree that an Oscar winner has more allure than a Tony winner. Maybe not as good on stage, but still, to see an Oscar winner, that up close and personal, performing their craft, well, it's a priviledge to say the least. But what would you know?........

Jordan lives in the Chicago burbs, not the city. As well as Oprah now, I believe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City