Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2010, 11:35 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEE-UM View Post
Shut up! No one is even reading your post its all TL;DR
LOL!You just did.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2010, 11:44 AM

6 posts, read 7,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
LOL!You just did.....
I certainly did not ... "TL;DR"

Old 04-26-2010, 12:16 PM

324 posts, read 659,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEE-UM View Post
I certainly did not ... "TL;DR"

Be Mature about this its just a forum.

Old 04-26-2010, 12:55 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,952,147 times
Quote:
I missed this before.Are you serious?Your comprehension is weak.I said :Atlanta has heavy rail system.I asked a question.How is that starting anything based on a question I asked?It was in reference to heavy rail that NO oNE has even brought up after that.Allenk893 started it when he said" atlanta is lacking and way too southern".That my friend is "starting something".
Haha, really? This is what you said, word for word:

Quote:
Im not questioning your answer but I am curious as to know what Atlanta is lacking that Houston has?Only thing I can see is the other way around.No heavy rail for one.Too Southern?Well your opinion I guess we just have live with it.
And you say my reading comprehension is bad? Dude, get out of here.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:02 PM

Quote:
See this what I mean.The inner loop of Houston may have the same population but as far as I can remember is that some of those ethnic neighborhoods are out of the inner loop.It is not as diverse in the "inner loop" as the entire city.In any case even if that not correct,Houston's city limitys are more than 4 times as big.So we should compare apples to apples.Houston is bigger than NYC(area wise)
See, you don't know Houston. The Inner Loop is pretty diverse. Not as much as outside the Loop, obviously, but Houston's Inner Loop includes Houston's original Chinatown, the heavily Hispanic (and gentrifying) East End, etc.

Quote:
You posted a link that listed the international immigration rates in a column for each city.It does not take a rocket scientist to know that the majority of that migration is coming from Mexico.Nice try and very misleading.Yet this is what people look at and come up with conclusions without looking at the whole picture.
How is what I posted misleading? It came straight from the Census.

Quote:
The American Community Survey from the Census was posted and had it broke down.Many you(i don't know if you did) did not acknowledge that.Because again things change all the time.
And again,I NEVER said Houston was not as diverse or denied that it was even more.My argument was that as you see in those same numbers the margins are minuscule.
I'm the one that posted the Fact Finder in this thread. What are YOU talking about? And the differences are definitely not minuscule. Your fellow Atlanta posters already told you to stop with the nonsense. Even they have said Houston is more diverse than Atlanta (which isn't saying Atlanta is not diverse, just not as much as Houston). It's like you don't want to give Houston ANY credit. It's fairly obvious.

Quote:
Also my argument was that diversity is measured by different ways really depending on what what and who is doing the measuring.That is why I brought up the thing about House music.Also why I made the comment about being black is not African American.Its African too.That is why I posted the link and the info about Atlanta's African population.It ranks third in the nation after NYC AND DC.That is TOTAL numbers not percentage wise.Houstons African population much like its Hispanic population overwhelmingly comes from one country in .Nigeria and Mexico.In Atlanta the African population was definitely more spread out.Just like in Atlanta the Europeans were more represented in Atlanta.
Atlanta's African population is not too far away from Houston. The fact that Atlanta attract so many Blacks from the Northeast should give you your answer as to why its number is higher.

Quote:
It is a fact that Atlanta has and is attracting more people from more countries than Houston from all over the world and NOT Latin America.That is a Census fact.So all of you can say what you want but no one is providing statistical evidence to back up there claims.Here are the links.

Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta, GA Metro Area - Selected Social Characteristics in the United States: 2006-2008

Look at the area where it says World Region of Birth in each city.
You just proved yourself wrong: Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, TX Metro Area - Selected Social Characteristics in the United States: 2006-2008

And here are the Fact Finders (from your trusted Census), that I posted earlier:

http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet...mat=&-_lang=en

http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet...mat=&-_lang=en

Old 04-26-2010, 01:08 PM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
I don't know about the last part of afonega's comment. I would say Houston is attracting alot from the Middle East (Dubai and Qatar), East Asia, and West Africa just as much as Atlanta if not more. Now this is mostly due to medical and business relations especially concerned with the Middle East and West Africa particular Nigeria.

Old 04-26-2010, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I don't know about the last part of afonega's comment. I would say Houston is attracting alot from the Middle East (Dubai and Qatar), East Asia, and West Africa just as much as Atlanta if not more. Now this is mostly due to medical and business relations especially concerned with the Middle East and West Africa particular Nigeria.
Afonega just can't give Houston any credit at all. It's quite sad to read actually. He says, "here are the facts", but only posts Atlanta's, and not Houston's.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:13 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:
Well I admit that I should not have said "sucks".That would emply that it is so far behind.Houston has all those things,but Houston just is not known for its music overall like Atlanta.Yes they have the rap component.I do think Houston has better quality rap.But Atlanta owns the sales and the airwaves.Indie rock wise Atlanta has always had a good thriving scene,I just saw a buddies band last Saturday in L5P along with 3 other bands that were phenominal.

Latin music,partcularily Tejano is always gonna be Houston.s forte.No one is tring to deny Houston of anything.You can have Tejano music.(yuk...LOL),
Look its not scientific ,its just my opinion.
I can't lie; Selena had some good music.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:17 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,845,790 times
Quote:
Well I admit that I should not have said "sucks".That would emply that it is so far behind.Houston has all those things,but Houston just is not known for its music overall like Atlanta.Yes they have the rap component.I do think Houston has better quality rap.But Atlanta owns the sales and the airwaves.Indie rock wise Atlanta has always had a good thriving scene,I just saw a buddies band last Saturday in L5P along with 3 other bands that were phenominal.

Latin music,partcularily Tejano is always gonna be Houston.s forte.No one is tring to deny Houston of anything.You can have Tejano music.(yuk...LOL),
Look its not scientific ,its just my opinion.
umm, no. tejano music is SAN ANTONIO'S forte. san antone is the tejano capital of the world. don't be tryna push that off on houston lol

when i think houston music, i think underground rap, jazz, blues, gospel (old time and contemporary), country, and zydeco. that's the REAL houston. in my opinion, anyways

i also can't really stand tejano music (everybody likes selena, though)

Old 04-26-2010, 11:30 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Haha, really? This is what you said, word for word:

And you say my reading comprehension is bad? Dude, get out of here.
Yes but you said that I started it when it was obvious that I did not due to the fact is the response was to a remark made!Duhh.Now you do the reading and get back to me when you understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City