Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2010, 12:35 PM

1,666 posts, read 2,839,710 times

Advertisements

NEXT subject Yall are wearing this Diversity thing in the freaking ground My goodness. This always the arguement between these 2 cities. It seems to be the beating over the bus arguements that gets both sides fired up just agree to disagree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 02:23 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,949,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Yes but you said that I started it when it was obvious that I did not due to the fact is the response was to a remark made!Duhh.Now you do the reading and get back to me when you understand.
Look at what you said. You started the talk of "what does Houston have that Atlanta doesn't". How do you not see that? I even quoted you.

Quote:
Did you not post this:

//www.city-data.com/forum/13898968-post156.html
Looks misleading to me.

Your comprehension is wrong again.I do give credit when its noteworthy to give.Like I said the music in Houston is better quality.

African Americans and Africans are not considered the same .Just like Europeans are not Americans.

Talk about not giving in to reason?What about you insisting that Houstons MSA was SOO much larger than Atlanta.Did YOU read YOUR own stats?Obviously you have selective vision.

Also for the one hundredth time I said Houston and Atlanta are so close at this point that it does not seem to be as clear as some people are assuming.

Since you seem to be having a problems focusing on what I suggested you look at.I will place it for you here:
Foreign Regions of the World population:Houston vs Atlanta
Europe----4.5%vs10.1
Asia------21.3%vs26.0
Africa-----3.2%vs9.9
Oceania---0.3%vs0.3
Latin America----69.5vs 51.8
Northern America--1.2%vs1.8

The foreign born population total in Houston is double Atlanta so people really think those numbers makes it so.When really after looking closer,you notice in that same survey that Mexicans are the largest group.So tell me what am I not seeing in these facts?
When did I say Houston was SOO much larger than Atlanta? And your percentage numbers are all the way wrong. You didn't copy them right. You're losing a lot of credibility here. You have selective memory. And how is what I posted misleading? I posted population for both cities straight from the Census. Is the Census misleading to you? Wow.

Old 04-27-2010, 05:14 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,035,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeandIke27 View Post
NEXT subject Yall are wearing this Diversity thing in the freaking ground My goodness. This always the arguement between these 2 cities. It seems to be the beating over the bus arguements that gets both sides fired up just agree to disagree
This is nothing compared to the LA vs. NYC threads or the LA vs. Chicago threads. Those threads are horrific!

Old 04-27-2010, 06:53 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,788,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Look at what you said. You started the talk of "what does Houston have that Atlanta doesn't". How do you not see that? I even quoted you.

When did I say Houston was SOO much larger than Atlanta? And your percentage numbers are all the way wrong. You didn't copy them right. You're losing a lot of credibility here. You have selective memory. And how is what I posted misleading? I posted population for both cities straight from the Census. Is the Census misleading to you? Wow.

IM LOSING CREDIBILITY?LOLOLOL!!!I took it right from where You posted it.AND I told you where to look!!!OMG!!!You need forget it.You are the only one that cant at least see what I have provided has merit.

Old 04-27-2010, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Houston's large Latino population is what offsets the other percentages. Looking at Los Angeles percentages; you'd think it was the least diverse city in the country, but that is completely untrue. Houston's numbers will eventually resemble Los Angele's numbers of today.

At this point; Houston is the more diverse city between it and Atlanta. That doesn't mean Atlanta isn't diverse itself; it just isn't up there with Houston.
Well looking at the numbers its definately OBVIOUS that in Atlanta,they are spread out more evenly(not enough,but more so than Houston.(that is just looking at the numbers).I do realize that when visiting a place one can give you a different "feeling" than the other.That however is not factual.

I mean really.You are talking about the Latino population in Houston as if Atlanta is not quite significant percentage of the population.Its 69.3(Houston) vs. 51.8 Atlanta.And the African and European population are more than double that of Houston.Yet nobody see's that.Im MR.CRAZY,MR.DELUSIONAL etc.....

If you still believe Houston is more diverse,then I honestly can live with that.That is an opinion.Yet when you said:" That doesn't mean Atlanta isn't diverse itself; it just isn't up there with Houston.That right there tell me that some of you guys really think Houston is like the community in the Zion Dance of the Matrix movie:

YouTube - The Matrix Reloaded (2003) - Zion dance

and Atlanta is Designing Women I suppose.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:50 PM

5,092 posts, read 8,843,518 times
Quote:
Well looking at the numbers its definately OBVIOUS that in Atlanta,they are spread out more evenly(not enough,but more so than Houston.(that is just looking at the numbers).I do realize that when visiting a place one can give you a different "feeling" than the other.That however is not factual.

I mean really.You are talking about the Latino population in Houston as if Atlanta is not quite significant percentage of the population.Its 69.3(Houston) vs. 51.8 Atlanta.And the African and European population are more than double that of Houston.Yet nobody see's that.Im MR.CRAZY,MR.DELUSIONAL etc.....

If you still believe Houston is more diverse,then I honestly can live with that.That is an opinion.Yet when you said:" That doesn't mean Atlanta isn't diverse itself; it just isn't up there with Houston.That right there tell me that some of you guys really think Houston is like the community in the Zion Dance of the Matrix movie:

YouTube - The Matrix Reloaded (2003) - Zion dance

and Atlanta is Designing Women I suppose.
no, sir. it's you who is telling yourself that. houston has more nationalities than atlanta. why is that so hard for you to accept?

but that's not even half of how houston is more diverse. it also sits at a crossroad of regional cultures. southern, cajun, texan, and nowadays mexican culture meet in houston. take away all the foreigners and you still have culturally diverse metro. atlanta has nothing like that (even though i'm sure you'll try your hardest to say otherwise)

Old 04-27-2010, 11:17 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,949,325 times
Quote:
IM LOSING CREDIBILITY?LOLOLOL!!!I took it right from where You posted it.AND I told you where to look!!!OMG!!!You need forget it.You are the only one that cant at least see what I have provided has merit.
Bro, all I'm going to say is, I quoted you, and you still tried to deny it. Then I asked how is me posting the Census stats misleading, and I got no answer from you. I'll leave it at that.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
Bro, all I'm going to say is, I quoted you, and you still tried to deny it. Then I asked how is me posting the Census stats misleading, and I got no answer from you. I'll leave it at that.
Once again you are not being accurate.You said in one of your post"wait you mean to tell me Afonega1 started all this.I gave you the link to the post where I asked the question AFTER someone said "Atlanta was lacking".I said if anything the other way around like "Heavy rail system".then you changed it to something else I said because you were WRONG to say I started this.I initiated no such claims about superiority as if it were fact.I only gave my opinions and stated them as such.I got no answer from you after I showed you what you posted.That post from the Texas Real Estate something or another.Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, TX Metropolitan Statistical Area (CBSA) Population and Components of Change All it had was the fact that Houston had more of a foreign born pop.Then on the census fact finder,it show you that the overwhelming percentage was from ONE region.Latin America.Out of that region it was then Mexico by double ahead of the next Latin American country.That is misleading to say because of that Houston is more diverse.

It does have a much larger foreign born population and almost 3/4th of that is from LATIN AMERICA!!!!!!In Atlanta its is also true,but LESS than in Houston!!With the exception oof all other regions,Atlanta is double in that of TX in Europe,Africa,Asia.

Old 04-28-2010, 12:58 AM

12,498 posts, read 26,983,112 times
Atlanta has more Koreans than Houston, I'll give it that much. Houston still has enough to have a small Korean Town though.

You won't find a whole lot of Chinese, Vietnamese, or Filipino's in ATL though as you would in H-town...

Old 04-28-2010, 12:59 AM

80 posts, read 198,645 times
If you like hip-hop the scene in ATL is the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City