Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2010, 12:58 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,798,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
See, you don't know Houston. The Inner Loop is pretty diverse. Not as much as outside the Loop, obviously, but Houston's Inner Loop includes Houston's original Chinatown, the heavily Hispanic (and gentrifying) East End, etc.

How is what I posted misleading? It came straight from the Census.

I'm the one that posted the Fact Finder in this thread. What are YOU talking about? And the differences are definitely not minuscule. Your fellow Atlanta posters already told you to stop with the nonsense. Even they have said Houston is more diverse than Atlanta (which isn't saying Atlanta is not diverse, just not as much as Houston). It's like you don't want to give Houston ANY credit. It's fairly obvious.

Atlanta's African population is not too far away from Houston. The fact that Atlanta attract so many Blacks from the Northeast should give you your answer as to why its number is higher.

You just proved yourself wrong: Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, TX Metro Area - Selected Social Characteristics in the United States: 2006-2008

And here are the Fact Finders (from your trusted Census), that I posted earlier:

Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, TX Metro Area - ACS Demographic and Housing Estimates: 2008

Atlanta-Sandy Springs-Marietta, GA Metro Area - ACS Demographic and Housing Estimates: 2008

Did you not post this:

//www.city-data.com/forum/13898968-post156.html
Looks misleading to me.

Your comprehension is wrong again.I do give credit when its noteworthy to give.Like I said the music in Houston is better quality.

African Americans and Africans are not considered the same .Just like Europeans are not Americans.

Talk about not giving in to reason?What about you insisting that Houstons MSA was SOO much larger than Atlanta.Did YOU read YOUR own stats?Obviously you have selective vision.

Also for the one hundredth time I said Houston and Atlanta are so close at this point that it does not seem to be as clear as some people are assuming.

Since you seem to be having a problems focusing on what I suggested you look at.I will place it for you here:
Foreign Regions of the World population:Houston vs Atlanta
Europe----4.5%vs10.1
Asia------21.3%vs26.0
Africa-----3.2%vs9.9
Oceania---0.3%vs0.3
Latin America----69.5vs 51.8
Northern America--1.2%vs1.8

The foreign born population total in Houston is double Atlanta so people really think those numbers makes it so.When really after looking closer,you notice in that same survey that Mexicans are the largest group.So tell me what am I not seeing in these facts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2010, 08:21 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,848,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Did you not post this:

Looks misleading to me.

Your comprehension is wrong again.I do give credit when its noteworthy to give.Like I said the music in Houston is better quality.

African Americans and Africans are not considered the same .Just like Europeans are not Americans.

Talk about not giving in to reason?What about you insisting that Houstons MSA was SOO much larger than Atlanta.Did YOU read YOUR own stats?Obviously you have selective vision.

Also for the one hundredth time I said Houston and Atlanta are so close at this point that it does not seem to be as clear as some people are assuming.

Since you seem to be having a problems focusing on what I suggested you look at.I will place it for you here:
Europe----4.5%vs10.1
Asia------21.3%vs26.0
Africa-----3.2%vs9.9
Oceania---0.3%vs0.3

The foreign born population total in Houston is double Atlanta so people really think those numbers makes it so.When really after looking closer,you notice in that same survey that Mexicans are the largest group.So tell me what am I not seeing in these facts?
how many consulates does atlanta have?

Old 04-27-2010, 08:37 AM

23,462 posts, read 44,090,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
how many consulates does atlanta have?
Lots.

Georgia.org - Consulates & Consular Services

Old 04-27-2010, 08:48 AM

2,531 posts, read 6,251,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
HA! Beat me to it. Although Houston has more, it's not as if Atlanta doesn't have any.

Now I'm going to sip my water and wait for the Houston Homer Posse to come in and talk about how "such and such country is only honorary!"

*sips*

Houston Consulates:
Visit Houston

Old 04-27-2010, 08:54 AM

5,092 posts, read 8,848,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
HA! Beat me to it. Although Houston has more, it's not as if Atlanta doesn't have any.

Now I'm going to sip my water and wait for the Houston Homer Posse to come in and talk about how "such and such country is only honorary!"

*sips*

Houston Consulates:
Visit Houston
i wasn't gonna do that ()

but...atlanta doesn't have portugal! HAHA!

Old 04-27-2010, 09:10 AM

23,462 posts, read 44,090,617 times
SO we got yet another 'mine's bigger' post here...

Old 04-27-2010, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by algreen View Post
i wasn't gonna do that ()

but...atlanta doesn't have portugal! Haha!
ha!

Old 04-27-2010, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
SO we got yet another 'mine's bigger' post here...

I guess it's time to lock the door and pull all our pants down!

*sings "Pants On The Ground"*

Old 04-27-2010, 09:15 AM

17 posts, read 31,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
i guess it's time to lock the door and pull all our pants down!

*sings "pants on the ground"*
lol

Old 04-27-2010, 11:17 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,215,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Did you not post this:

Looks misleading to me.

Europe----4.5%vs10.1
Asia------21.3%vs26.0
Africa-----3.2%vs9.9
Oceania---0.3%vs0.3

Houston's large Latino population is what offsets the other percentages. Looking at Los Angeles percentages; you'd think it was the least diverse city in the country, but that is completely untrue. Houston's numbers will eventually resemble Los Angele's numbers of today.

At this point; Houston is the more diverse city between it and Atlanta. That doesn't mean Atlanta isn't diverse itself; it just isn't up there with Houston.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City